ACT 05

[DISCONTINUED] Imperfectly Perfect

He was sitting alone in the plush chairs with his head bowed down, while fidling with his hands because of nervousness. 
He made sure that he'll arrive early than the elite that night, and indeed he did. 

Sunggyu was wearing the finest suit he thought he ever wore in his entire life. He dusts the sleeves off, careful not to let dust to collect on them. But really, he's just so nervous that he couldnt stop moving. 

"What should I tell him when I see him?" He asked himself. "would a simple 'hi'  be okay? or should i try to be more .. sophisticated?"  Sunggyu kept asking himself a lot of questions and it made him unaware about his surroundings. And so, when a hard slap came across his soft cheeks, he was caught completely off guard. 

"Did you hear me?" The elite asked with his right hand poised for another slap. Sunggyu just nodded with tears unconsiously pooling his eyes. The elite sat down across the shaken man and threw him a white hankerchief. "What?" The elite started. "Did I hit you too hard?" He said with a hint of sarcasm. The man shook his head and proceeded to wipe his tears off. "I'm sorry." Sunggyu said. He took a whiff of the elite's scent from the hankerchief and smelled lavander and lemons from it.

"Its rare to see a date to be this early." Woohyun said. Sunggyu innocently blinked as his cheeks get flushed with the soft shade of pink. The elite raised a brow. "Are you .. deaf? " He said. "Perhaps mute?" He added. Sunggyu couldnt speak. He was too taken aback from the elite's presence and of course from the slap awhile ago. 

Woohyun sighed. "I cant have a mute or a deaf person for a date." He said. "This isnt gonna work out." The elite then threw his napkin and stood up. Ready to leave. 

Panicked, Sunggyu grabbed the elite by the hand and gently pulled him towards him. "I'm s-sorry." He said. "I just .. I'm j-just nervous." He explained. Upon hearing his voice, Woohyun came back to his seat and sat down. 

The waiter came after a few minutes. The two ordered what they wanted, then the waiter left. 

It was silence and Woohyun hated it. He rolled his eyes, and tried to start a conversation. 

"So, what do you do?" Woohyun asked as he crossed his arms. 

"I'm in c-college." Sunggyu stuttered. "I study music." He said. Woohyun slowly nooded and spoke.  "Well as you may, or may not know, I do business. I own a company that has been in my family for generations. My dad used to manage it, but now its mine."

Sunggyu slowly nodded and smiled. "Hey, if it werent for the company wont you be in college too right?" He said. Woohyun's eyes widen and he nodded. "You're brother told me we're about the same age." The elite was surprised at Sunggyu's sudden outburst. He has never seen a talkative person. Well, he has, but he was never comfortable with it. This one's a first. 

"So you know my brother?" Woohyun asked. "Uh yes." Sunggyu answered. 

"How did you meet my brother?" Woohyun asks as he holds out his wine glass to the waiter. "He found me." Sunggyu answered as he watched the waiter pour wine into Woohyun's glass. "He what? Can you explain?" 

Sunggyu thought for awhile but no words came out from his mouth. He looked up at the elite, signaling the latter that he cant explain. "I see." Woohyun said. 

Their food came later and the two started eating. They came to the restaurant pretty late so when they were done, they left immidiately. Woohyun was going to take Sunggyu home when the latter suddenly stopped in his tracks and anoounced: "I think i forgot something--" He said. The elite sighed. "I'll be waiting here. go get it."

Sunggyu ran as fast as he could back to the restaurant to get his forgotten coat.

-------------------------

Woohyun glanced at his watch to see that his date has been in the restaurant to get his coat for more than 25 minutes now. Usually, he wouldnt tolerate such behavior and would immidiately leave. But theres just something about Sunggyu that Woohyun liked so much. The honesty maybe. Or the pure innocence radiating from him. He sighed for the nth time before deciding to go back to the restaurant at the top floor of a tall building. 

As he arrived at the top floor, the restaurant's 'closed' sign greeted him. He pushed it lightly, and found them still open. Woohyun pushed the door further open, and the sound of a piano playing greeted him. He stepped further in, and found out that it was Sunggyu playing the pianoforte. 

The elite stood there in awe as he hears every jump of the notes come out of Sunggyu's finger tips. He has seen an abundance of his dates play the piano, but he has never seen anything like Sunggyu. He plays with such passion and it shows just by the way he plays. 

Sunggyu soon stopped playing once he felt the elite's presence. Woohyun was brought back from his daze once he heard the notes stop playing. "Oh i'm sorry." Sunggyu said nervously. "I didnt realize that I was playing for too--" He said in a panicked tone as he stood up from the piano stool but was soon put down by the elite rather harshly. Sunggyu grew more nervous. Will the elite hit him again like before? Will he yell at him? He didnt know but the only thing he knew was that he felt really nervous. He had his head down low, and was clutching on his coat tightly. 

"I-I'm sorry." He said in a whisper. "I fogot that--"

"I didnt know you play." Woohyun said. Cutting off Sunggyu's words. 

He blinked. "Well i have been." He said. "For 11 years." 

"You've been playing for that long?" Woohyun said as he sat beside Sunggyu. 

The latter nodded. "Yes i have but my university dont really value piano players like me-"

"Have you ever considered playing another instrument then?" The elite asked. Sunggyu shook his head. "No." He answered. 

"And may i ask why?"

"I never really grew love for any other instruments." Came Sunggyu's answer.

Woohyun hovered his hands on the piano and began playing 'twinkle twinkle little star'.
Sunggyu giggled a little and the elite smiled. "What?" He asked in a chuckle. 

"You're off key." Sunggyu said. 

Woohyun laughed along and playfully shook his head. "Will you show me how its done then?" He said and Sunggyu smiled. 

The man hovered his hands just above the elite's and gently touched them. Sunggyu could feel his heart beat out of his chest by the slight contact of their skin. "Its s-supposed to go like this." He started. He then guided the elite's hands to play the song right. Sunggyu let go of the elite's hands much to the latter's dismay. "Just continue doing that and you have yourself a song." Sunggyu said. Woohyun did continue playing and Sunggyu's ears perked up. He closed his eyes for a moment, then laid down his hands on the keyboard and started playing as well. But he was playing a different tune that matched the piece that Woohyun was playing.  

Woohyun continued playing until Sunggyu decided to stop. "That sounded good" He said.

The elite walked Sunggyu to his university that night and stopped once they reached the gate. 
"You have classes this late at night?" The elite asked. "I do" Sunggyu said. 

"Dont you get sleepy though?" Woohyun asked and Sunggyu shook his head. "Its a bit hard at first. But you'll get used to it." He answered. 

"I'll see you some time then." Woohyun said. 

Sunggyu slowly nodded. "Yeah, i guess i will."

------------------------- 

"So what do you think?" Sungjong asked with twinkling eyes. "He's nice." Woohyun said.

"Nice? Oh thats good thats good!" He said. "Nice is good! Its progress!" Sungjong beamed. 

Woohyun just slowly nodded as he continues to tap down keys on his lap top. "Yeah yeah nice."

"So, where are you planning to take him next time?" The younger asked. 

"To the beach with everyone maybe." He said. "I thought it would be nice if he were to meet family."

"Family?" Sungjong asked. "Woah woah, arent you going a bit too fast?"

"Fast? Too fast for what?" Woohyun asked and Sungjong asked. 

"Well, you only introduce your date when you're about to get married or if you're already hooking up with each other."

Woohyun glared at Sungjong. "Says who?"

"Meeeeeeee~!!" The younger asked as he runs around the office. 

"Hyung is getting married~ Hyung is getting married~" Sungjong chanted but soon stopped for he has tripped over his own foot. "Serves you right." Woohyun said in a huff. 

--------------------- 

"So, we have a new student today." The professor started. 
Sunggyu heard the murmurings of his classmates and realized that the new student might be someone good looking or famous perhaps. 

But in this case, its both.

"Its Kim Myungsoo" The man greeted. "I'm so glad to meet everyone" He said. 

"Go sit wherever you like." Their professor said. 

Sunggyu was half asleep at the time the 'Myungsoo-guy' came to class but he was soon woken up from his slumber when he felt someone tap on his shoulders. He brought his head up and adjusted his eyes to see that it was that Myungsoo standing next to him with a big smile.

"Can i sit next to you?" He asked. Sunggyu was dumbfounded and he just stared. Myungsoo chuckled. "Hey, can i?" He asked politely. Sunggyu just moved over along with his belongings.

People started talking once Myungsoo was seated next to him.
Sunggyu could hear all the insults but they were much worse than they are before.
And it all happend just because he sat next to the handsome new guy.

Sunggyu propped his arms on the table and laid his head on them. 
"I'll just sleep for awhile." He told himself. 

-----------------------

"So, how are your days?" Sungjong asked. "Its been good" Myungsoo answered. 

Sungjong slowly nodded and sipped his coffee. "What have you been up to lately?" He asked.

"Well i enrolled in a music university." Myungsoo answered as he stack up coffee packets at the shop's cupboard. Sungjong looked at the busy man. "Why did you do that?" He asked. 

"I dunno." He said. "I thought it'd be fun."

"Well you should go see big brother's date then." Sungjong said. 

"Why should I?" Myungsoo asked with one brow raised. "He goes to school there. On the night shift." Sungjong informed. 

"Ah, i see. I'll try to look around for him then. I'll tell you when i see him." 

Their conversation stopped there and Sungjong sat there in his seat stirring his coffee. 

"Oh yeah." Myungsoo started. "Where are we going for the trip this summer?" He asked.

"To the beach is what hyung said. He'll also bring his date too." Sungjong said.

"Oh. him." Myungsoo said in a flat tone. 

"You dont seem too pleased." Sungjong asked. "I thought it could be fun." He said.

"Its not that, I just thought that its for close friends, and family only. and as i recall, his date is not family nor a near friend." He said firmly. 

"Well its nice to change things for awhile." Sungjong said. "Change is nice once and awhile."

"Whatever you say."

-----------------------

I UPDATED

DAMN RIGHT I DID /cRIES

okay okay 

go comment how much chu love this story nao -3-