ACT 04

[DISCONTINUED] Imperfectly Perfect

Inside the sound proof walls of the practice room lies an elite with with the most unexpected purpose. To a normal person with a judgmental perception, it would sound absurd and ridiculous. But for that certain elite, he sees nothing but 'good' in his intention. 

"Be careful, you'll fall" he said with an excited smile. 

However, Sunggyu was speechless. He cant believe what his crescent eyes are seeing. It all seem impossible to him. A dream. 

Sungjong then helped the boy sit up in the mahogany chair and sat next to him. The two stare wordlessly at the exquisite piano. 

"How long have you been playing?" The elite asked. However, sunggyu was caught dumbfounded at the question and so remind silent with his mouth, slightly open. 

"Did you hear me?" Sungjong asked. Sunggyu nodded with his head hung low. 

The elite heaved a playful sigh. 

"You don't seem to process this very well .. " he suddenly said.

Sunggyu brought his gaze up and stared questioningly at the elite. "W-what do you mean?" He managed to say despite the huge lump that formed on his throat. 

"You know .. You're very different .. " he said. "You're just like 'him' "
Sunggyu just looked at the elite with curiosity in his eyes. 

Sungjong chuckled. "You don't seem to get what i'm saying here .. "

"W-well," sunggyu nervously started. "I really don't .."

Sungjong stood up and started observing the practice room. "Well, not many  do." 

"But--" sunggyu barely said. "What is s-someone like you doing h-here?" He asked. Hoping not to sound too rude or distressed. Sungjong laughed. 

"You're really odd." Sunggyu raised a brow. "I mean odd in a good way." The elite explained. 

"But back to my question." Sunggyu stated with more confidence in his voice. Because as time pass by, he's becoming more comfortable with the elite around him. "What is s-someone like you doing h-here?"

"Someone like me?" Sungjong repeated. Sounding a little insulted. 

"W-well .. Y-you're an e-elite." Sunggyu tried to explain. "Someone as r-rich as you don't need to s-study anymore." 

Sungjong huffed and leaned closer to Sunggyu who just backed away. "Well that doesn't mean i couldn't try right?" He said in a seductive whisper. He then began to childishly tap on some of the piano keys and laughed once he realized how silly he looks. "Excuse my behavior." He said while trying to sound 'twinkle twinkle little star' in the piano though he hasn't touched one ever since that 'incident'. "I'm just a bit excited for my brother." He added. 

"Uhh .. W-why are you excited?" Sunggyu asked. 

"Because i finally found someone that would fit him just right." Sungjong stated while retracting his fingers from the slick keyboard. 

Sunggyu frowned at the statement. First, why would sungjong, woohyun's brother, say that to him? Out of all people, why him? Aren't the first ones you inform about your endeavors your friends? Not a total stranger you 'accidentally' met in a practice room in a music university. And second, hearing that news made sunggyu's heart sink. He knew from the start that he wouldn't really have a chance with someone who's so high up. But then, it still hurts like hell when you found out that the person whom you somehow learned how to love with just stolen glances become someone else's lover. And whats worse, he'll love that person more than he will ever love you. 

With sadness filling his eyes, he looked up to sungjong and asked with all the courage and rudeness he could muster. "And you're telling me this because?" 

Sungjong just smiled and said. "Because its you." 

----------------------

"Hey gyu! What the hell is wrong with you?" Sungyeol asked while he cleans shot glasses with a worn-out rag.

"I-- i'm not so s-sure .." He simply answered. 

"Huh? Have you gone crazy?" Sungyeol asked while he wave his hands in front of sunggyu's face. 

"Am i dreaming yeol?" He asked in a serious tone while leaning closely at sungyeol. Sungyeol just gulped at his friend's boldness and answered. "I don't think so ..." Sunggyu leaned away and started sighing while pouring rum into glass until it overflows. 

Sungyeol looked closely at his dazed co-worker and cautiously grabbed the rum bottle to prevent further wasting of 'precious' inventory and also so that he wouldn't startle sunggyu. He waved his hands in-front of sunggyu's face again and found him unresponsive and mute. 

Without the usual overflowing charisma sunggyu has when serving alcohol to people, the bar seemed a bit empty. Mostly everyone who took lustful interest towards him left. Because now, he seemed boring and normal.

Sungyeol informed sunggyu once that he's quite famous at the club because he's good looking and charismatic. But sunggyu just shrugged it off and said: "everything looks good in the dark. Besides, they're just drunk. They don't know the actual hideousness of the person they're looking at." 

Sungyeol frowned. He really thought that informing sunggyu of this would put a smile on his face. But it did quite the opposite. "They're just drunk and blind." He added while slamming his locker door shut.  

"Hey you okay?" Sungyeol worriedly asked. 

Sunggyu suddenly grabbed both of sungyeol's shoulders and started shaking him. "Its a joke right?" He asked. "It cant be true!! Its impossible!!" He yelled loudly. 

"H-huh? What happened?" He asked."Did someone hurt you again? Do you need to beat someone up??!!" He yelled. 

"N-no!! Thats not it!!" Sunggyu answered with tears b his eyes. 

"Then what?" 

"Nam Woohyun he--" 

"What?! That bastard? What did he do?!!" 

"He--" 

"Answer me!!"

"I'm finally going to meet him!" He barely said as he choke on his own sobs. 

"Oh .."

"I-i'm finally going to m-meet him .." He repeatedly muttered to himself as he messily sob in front of his friend. 

Sungyeol, speechless, just pulled his crying friend into a tight hug and caressed his head. "Thats-- good for you gyu .. Thats-- great."

--------------------

"Hyung, you cant say no." Sungjong authoritatively said with his hands folded across his chest. 

"And why cant i? Its my life. My own decisions." Woohyun said. "I'll agree to anything and everything i want." He then glared at his brother sungjong and made his way towards his 2 o'clock meeting. Sungjong just huffed and made his way out of his brother's office. 

While walking towards the business meeting, woohyun's phone suddenly rang. Woohyun answered it and a shaky voice of a person greeted him. 

"What? You sold what?!!" Woohyun yelled through the phone. "You-- do you know how hard it was to get that share from that company?! it took my family 4 generations before we could get that one share!" People frighteningly looked at woohyun as he yell loudly as he could at the person on the other end of the line. 

"I dont care if it gave me 900 billion dollars,, i don't even need it! I want what you sold back. Right. Now." Woohyun then turned off his phone before he could hear his broker's desperate attempt to cool him down. 

Woohyun went to his 2 o'clock meeting in a pissed off mood. During the meeting, because of his anger, he would just randomly throw off some of the folders or grit his teeth whenever he remembers what his broker sold. This behavior scared his investors. However, they were all still able to agree over a pleasant contract woohyun presented. 

When woohyun came out from the business meeting, he was greeted by a sungjong who's smirking and is holding up a phone. 

"I heard you lost something hyung." He mockingly said.

Woohyun's eyes widen "You little bitc--!!"

"Do you really want to insult the person who's got the answer to your problems hyungie?" Sungjong interrupted. "Do you really want to do that?" He said while emphasizing on the word 'really' 

"You little twer---"

"Well i only have one requirement so that you can have it back. And its pretty easy honestly." Sungjong said in a matter-of-fact tone. Interrupting woohyun's words off again. 

Woohyun sighed. "Fine, i give up." He said. "What do you want?" 

"I just want you to see sunggyu hyungie." Sungjong cooed. "Is that so hard? Its just 3 simple coffee dates hyung. And i'm not asking you to do it back-to-back, just 3 times on any time this month."  

"Sunggyu huh?" Woohyun muttered while thinking about the pros and the cons this meet-up will bring. "Just make sure he's worth my time." Woohyun said before he turned his heel to walk away. 

-------------------------

Sunggyu sits down at his usual seat at his classroom at the music university he's currently attending. He wears a small smile in his face that certainly attracts a huge number of people. "He seems very happy today" one of his classmates whispered. "Its quite rare to see him smile. Rather, i've never really seen him smile before." 

Sunggyu immediately became the talk of his school with just the small smile he wears and he knows it. But even if he denies it, its unbearably obvious that he's quite happy. 

Everything has been working for the best ever since he received the heaven-sent news of him meeting Nam Woohyun. Ever since that day, he was able to find replacement jobs that he was ever so desperate in finding and was able to pay for his tuition fee. And because of this new found hope, he was able to 'dream' like he used to again.  

He now make regular visits to the practice room just to play concertos that makes the notes sound like they're jumping with joy. And because of these secret visits, sunggyu has gotten much better than before. 

"I wonder if woohyun likes people who play." He randomly asked sungyeol once while doing their job at the bar. 

Sungyeol just rolled his eyes. "How should i know gyu?" He said in a irritated tone. "I've never met the guy!!" He then slammed his rag towel on the rose-wood counter top and walked away from the monstrous costumers.
Sunggyu just shrugged off the angry sungyeol and went back to his usual shift. 

The night ended with sunggyu and sungyeol having said nothing to each other. 

-------------------------

"Oh hello?" Sunggyu answered his phone while walking late at night at the school's corridors. The moon was fully out that night and it was gorgeous. 

"Oh sunggyu!" The person on the other line of the phone greeted. "Its nice to know the number you gave me works." The person said with a laugh. 

"W-well of course it d-does!" Sunggyu barely managed to say. 

"I was kidding kay? " the person said. "Don't get mad on me now~!!" He cooed. 

"Well .. What brings you into calling me?" Sunggyu asked while he put his things back to his locker and slamming it shut. 

"Meet me at the Roosevelt coffee shop tomorrow at 10 in the morning." The person straightly informed. "We have something to discuss." 

"Oh .. Well okay." Sunggyu simply said and turned off his phone. 

Though this isn't the real meet-up yet, he feels anxious. 

For some reason, he thinks that something will go awfully wrong. 

------------------------

"Hyung, make sure to wear something nice for sunggyu kay?" Sungjong said while tapping on his brother's phone. He's been trying to beat his brother's score of 108 in that new game called 'flappy bird' for the past 4 hours. And hasn't had the luck of beating it so far. 

"Stop playing with my phone jong." Woohyun said while he straightens out his necktie in front of the mirror. "You'll drain out my battery." He said. 

"You can always re-charge it later right?" Sungjong said. Looking as focused as ever. "Besides, you need to focus on looking great for sunggyu!" 

Woohyun huffed. "And since when did i ever look bad?"

Sungjong just rolled his eyes. "Oh please hyung." He said as he repositioned himself in the coffee colored sofa woohyun loved so much without pausing for awhile from the frantic tapping he's done on his brother's phone. "Don't be so conceited." He said. "We both know you look like a drug addict when we were in grade school. No one comes near you then remember?" Sungjong reminisced and laughed. 

Woohyun walked over his now smirking brother and snatched his phone. "Well, off my phone then!" He yelled. 

Sungjong straightened his posture and crossed his arms. "Fine! I'll go play on mine then!" He yelled back. 

From a distance, the two looked liked two bickering kids who'd murder each other over a phone that each, clearly has. Sungjong just slumped at the sofa and grabbed his phone only to be greeted by the picture he took of sunggyu at the restaurant. He forgot that he somehow made that picture into his lock screen. 

"Oh hyung," sungjong called out. "Wanna see sunggyu?" He asked. Woohyun just wordlessly walked over to his brother and leaned down on his phone. "He looks good huh?" Sungjong said. "Do you think that maybe .. Just maybe, you've met him before?" He asked. 

Woohyun just shook his head and went back to his walk-in closet to pick out a new suit. He stayed inside for a long time wordless. This made sungjong a bit anxious in the way his brother is. Woohyun is usually straight forward and chatty.   

"No" he finally answered. 

"I've never met him before." 

-------------------------

Sungjong sits wordlessly at the Roosevelt café while he listens to the calming rhythm of jazz music and the fresh morning coffee beans being brewed. Sungjong sometimes like to think that the coffee machines make  the loveliest of noises during the calming rainy mornings that you can only experience at Seoul. 

Sungjong has been to countless countries that just somehow emit such a seductive mood for coffee. Places that would make coffee feel just right. He has experienced the same tendencies too of rain and freshly brewed morning coffee in Newyork city and Paris France. But for him, there really is no place like home. 

Sungjong gives out a small and playful laugh at himself. 'I think i've become obsessed with coffee just like myungsoo.' He though to himself as he sip his freshly brewed St. Helena morning coffee while he looks out the window to see if his guest has arrived. Fortunately, he's not there yet. That gives sungjong plenty of time to enjoy his solitude. 

He took another sip of his coffee and blew out hot air through his lips once he felt the warmth go down his stomach. 'I think i should stop obsessing.' He thought to himself. 'But then again ... Coffee is quite fascinating.' 

Sungjong looked out again on the rain-stained glass window and found a familiar caramel colored hair standing out amongst the busy crowd outside. The caramel haired boy is rushing his way against the crown that walks opposite of the direction he really wanted to go. And though it is clearly seen that he is having a hard time, you can still spot that small smile the boy has. 

After much struggle, the boy finally got out from the crowd and headed where he must be. The Roosevelt Café 

"I'm s-sorry i'm late" he stated while panting. He did ran quite a distance just to get on time. Sungjong scans the boy's appearance and found that some parts of his clothes are stained with mud. "I uhh also g-got into some uhh minor accidents." He nervously said. "I'm s-sorry i made you wait." He said as he scratch the his neck out of nervousness. 

Sungjong just stood up and gestured the boy to sit. "Its alright." He said. "You're not late. I'm just early. Please, sit." The boy, being polite as he is, bowed down gratefully at the elite and sat down. "Oh please." Sungjong said. "No need to be too formal. We are friends after all." The boy just nodded. 

"So uhh .. You said we need to talk about something?" He asked as he leaned closer at the table. 

"Oh yes, we do." Sungjong said as he slid the cup to his left side. "We need to talk about what you and hyung will do at the given time." 

"Oh. And what exactly do you want us to 'do'? " Sunggyu asked. 

"I just want the two of you to fall in-love." 

Sunggyu blinked a few times to process what the elite said. Because just like what the hipsters say these days, 'he's buffering' 

"Do you get what i'm saying?" Sungjong asked. 

"Well--- i know i'm already up at that alley." Sunggyu answered while looking down on his mud-stained shoes. "But i dont know with your brother. Its .. A bit .. I-imposible?" 

"Imposible?" Sungjong questioned. "What do you mean imposible?" 

"Well .. " sunggyu nervously started. "I don't think i'm up for it." He said. 

"Hm? Didn't you just say awhile ago that you were already 'there'?" Sungjong asked while furrowing his eyebrows.

"I m-mean .. Yeah .. I already do--" his voice trailed off. "Love him." He mumbled and this brought a smile across sungjong's face. "But i don't think he will w-with me." 

Sungjong just slumped down on his chair and heaved a sigh. He really needs to work with this kid's self esteem. 

"I know w-woohyun meets up with other people .. People who're actually up for his caliber ... I'm n-not even .. Half .. Of what they a-are .." 

It was only the sound of morning coffee machines and the jazz music for awhile. The two somehow mentally agreed to be in silence for the time being. Sungjong joins the rhythm the rain makes when it hits something dense by tapping the polished wooden tables with his fingers. 

"Do you know what kind of people my brother meet during those blind dates i arrange for him?" Sungjong asked and sunggyu shook his head. "Well let me tell you .. They're not really what i would call 'good'."

"What do you mean?" 

Sungjong just huffed. "Trust me, they're so bad that you shouldn't even compare yourself to them." Sunggyu leaned back on his chair. "Trust me sunggyu." He said. "I call people for a reason." 

"But .. Weren't you the one who called those 'bad' people?" Sunggyu asked. "How can i trust you then? that i'm not bad like them " 

Sungjong laughed. "It wasn't me." He informed. "Trust me. It was my men who found those kind of people. not me. So trust my judgements. I promise it wont go wrong." 

Sunggyu nodded. "Fine, i'll trust you." 

"Thats good ... Because you should." 

--------------------

Okay i lied XD 
bahaha on the next chappie i swear they'll meet B|
Oh yeah, i heard people cry over this (??!!!) 
Ish that twue?

Well

Comment comment <--- show me how you love woogyu chuseo ;; u ;; 
Subscribe subscribe
Upvote upvote