Christmas

A moment apart

The next morning Hoseok overslept because of reasons that resulted to him forgetting to set up his alarm and they had about 5 minutes time for each other, so they couldn’t properly talk.


“It’s Friday today, do you have to stay overtime at work?” Taehyung asked while putting his coat on.


“No, not today I should be able to finish it all.”


“Can I come over again?” there was this note of a beg in his voice so Hoseok immediately agreed.


“Do you want me to come pick you up?” insdead of an answer a pair of lips answered his question, which was even better for him.

--

“So, Hoseok,” Seokjin slammed some folders on his desk, startling the poor man. “You know why I am here, right?”


“N-no...?”


“Let’s drink.”


“What?”


“You, me, the whole office, let’s go have a toast! Come on it’s been a tough month, you can relax a bit can’t you?” Seokjin whined a little while nudging him, dropping his boss character completely.


“Does it have to be today? I kinda have some plans..” Hoseok said with an apologetic smile because he has been refusing his offers the last few months, but he always had a reason. He couldn't allow himself to ditch Taehyung today too.


“So you too? You too, don’t you?” Seokjin closed his eyes, an evil aura emitting from him.


“Me what?” Hoseok avoided eye-contact at all cost, because, man, his boss could be scary if he wanted to.


“Have a girlfriend! All of you dumping me for your girlfriends... No, no, no nevermind. It’s cool, everything is cool, so what if I don’t have one? A man can have a fun by himself and…” Hoseok didn't hear the last part of his lil angry/frustrated speech because he just left the office, leaving Hoseok confused and he could only shake his head at his boss and thank Taehyung for existing. Again.

 

--


Both of them were on their usual position on the couch with Taehyung’s head on Hoseoks lap, who was playing with his hair. Since when did they become such sappy and manga like couple? But they didn’t care, since this was for them the best Friday night. Taehyung wasn’t looking at the TV, but rather at the ceiling and he had a somewhat focused look on his face.


“What are you thinking about?” Hoseok asked quietly, slightly touching the little frown on Taehyungs forehead to make it disappear.


“About the other night.”


“Still? You don’t have to trouble yourself with it anymore, let’s just forget about it.” Hoseok continued caressing Taehyungs face gently.


“You know, my mom and dad separated more than 10 years ago, because he cheated on her. He’s now happily remarried and my mom has another love interest too. But I usually never want to talk about this, because back then when I was in middle school friends, classmates, teachers just everyone would pity me and look me in a way as if I was some fragile or a sick child and I hated this. All the attention that was focused on me and the fact that my mom needed at least two years to recover from all of this makes me reluctant to talk about it. I really dislike the idea of Hobi pitying me…” He wasn’t sad or frustrated when he was talking, not at all, actually he was talking about it with his usual tone.

“I used to live with my mom up until few years ago and I still talk with her, it’s not like we grew apart from each other, but as I grew we both kinda wordlessly agreed that we appreciate out private space too much and we should respect that. So this is the reason you don’t see me calling her much or planning to celebrate the holidays with her. I want to let her have her special day with her boyfriend because she deserves it.” He sounded as if he had concluded saying everything that seemed to be troubling him and Hoseok felt his heart literally squeeze. It probably took Taehyung a lot of mental preparation to share this with him and Hoseok really wanted to treasure him more than anything now, but not because of sympathy and pity, but because he felt him even closer.


“Hey, we’re even human beings and if you’re not dissatisfied with your current life, so why should I pity you? All I thought about all this is that I’m thankful you felt you could trust me with all this.”


“So…”


“Hmm..?”


“Do you want to spend this Christmas with me, mr. Jung Hoseok?” Taehyung stood up from his lap only to be able to look propely into his eyes in which a small grin was already showing. Hoseok was taken aback a bit, but then he just laughed and leaned closer to him

“Oh I bet you I want.” he only said and pushed him back on the couch and kissing him in a way he could pour out everything he felt.

--

The more Christmas was coming closer and the more Hoseoks parents wanted him to visit at least once before the end of the year, the more he was worried how to tell this to Taehyung, as he didn’t want to raise the topic again. He sighed while speeding up a little towards Misa’s shop.


“Say Taehyung, what do you want for Christmas?”


“I already have it.” Taehyung grinned.


“Be serious for a second you cheesy brat and allow me to spoil you for once.” Hoseok narrowed his eyes at the child in front of him, not affected by his comment.


“What do YOU want then?” Taehyung deadpanned and Hoseok found himself almost imediatelly saying “you”, but then he realized he just contradicted himself on every possible level, so just let Taehyung win this game. Once, he will let him only once.


“When was the last time you travelled?” Hoseok decided do start from far to prepare his land to ask the question and study Taehyungs expressions meanwhile.


“Out of Seoul? Probably more than two years ago, I usually don’t have time or anywhere I want to go.” Hoseok took a really deep breath and blurted out the next super fastly:


“You can totally decline this offer if it makes you feel uncomfortable or you’re not ready, but my parents who live in Gwangju want me to to visit them soon and I really want to bring you with me, but only if you want to because-“


“Gwangju? Let’s go, let’s go! I’ve heard the food is great there.” You could practically see him drooling already. Of course the first thing he thinks of is the food.


“Really? Would you like to come with me?”


“Huh? Why are you asking like this, of course I would love to come I want to pay proper respect and greet your parents officially too. Also eat some homemade kimchi and hotpot and…….” Hoseok couldn’t help but smile like an idiot, feeling his heard was about to really break his ribcage. He has been worried about this for so long it felt like few tonnes of weight were removed from his shoulders.


“We can visit my mom too after it. But I have to think of a present.. maybe a bag of donuts and some flowers-....Hobi?” Hoseok was absolutely lost for any words. Did he really spend 98% of his time the past couple of weeks worrying over how would Taehyugns mom accept their relationship when she knew the whole time?


“She knew? The whole time?”


“You’re so weird Hobi, of course she knew! We value our private space a bit more than other, but we still share major things in our life, you know? That’s kinda the natural thing.” Taehyung smiled at Hoseok and without giving him a time to prepare he went to give him one of his koala hugs while resting his head on his shoulder. “Hobi should just trust me more.”


“Oh come on you brats! Did you have to remind me in this beautiful day that you’re the only people of the opposite in my life? Shoo your cheesy asses out of here and go celebrate the week of holidays properly!” Misa tried acting angry as usual, but it was just obvious she was a happy child right now because of the new gardening set she received in her Christmas sock, courtesy of our two main men.


 


A/N By the way guys, when i would usually write "Hoseok's favorite smile" I  mean this one exactly ♥ Completing this makes me want to cry because i had tonnes of fun writing this and i can't thank enough anyone who read my story from start to finish, or just gave it a try in general and made my whole writing experience countless times better than i ever expected ;~; I hope we meet again in my next works, thank you ♥