viii.

The World He Takes Pictures In

“The Biggest Present in The World, Suzy”



 

I was given a lot of good presents by my parents for my birthday. Newest toys, rare books, expensive cameras, I have lot of them. Maybe, it’s because they don’t know when they will stop giving me presents for my birthday. I can fully understand them.

But, for my twenty-third birthday, I received a biggest present from God.

She was the only person who would tell her stories to me. She was the only person who would support me when I was in pain except my parents.

Thank you, God, for giving me such a great present for my last birthday.

Thank you, God, for making me to experience love for the last time.

I wish I could be with her for long time.


 

Suzy was tearing up reading those sentences, and then Myungsoo came in, with a very unfortunate timing.

Suzy was stunned, without able to take the pieces into their right place. Myungsoo was shocked. He couldn’t say anything for a moment, and suddenly he took Suzy’s hand and took her to the hospital park.

“So, you have seen my notebook, didn’t you?” Myungsoo began.

“Why didn’t you tell me about the book’s cover? Even I have told you about it before?” Suzy tried to change the topic.

“Do I have to tell you?” Myungsoo answered rudely.

“I don’t need to tell you everything I do. We’re not in that kind of relationship that needs to tell each other what they are doing. It’s none of your business, and seeing my notebook is not your business as well.”

Myungsoo’s whole answer shocked Suzy. She never knew that Myungsoo could be that angry.

“I’m sorry… I just…” Suzy stiffened..                                                      

“I’m just worry about you, so I need to know everything you do.” She continued.

“So, are you saying that you have been staying with me, just only because are worried about me? Because you feel uncomfortable after you made me fainted after helping you to catch that damned robber, and you would feel burdened if you just left me without doing anything? ” he responded unpleasantly.

“Do you think that I’m just an ill guy, who needs a special attention?” he began to raise his voice.

“It’s not like that, Myungsoo, I’m not doing that because I think that I would be burdened. ” Suzy was flustered.

“Myungsoo-yah, don’t be that angry, okay? It’s not good for your heart…” she continued as she worried about him.

“Why? Because you’re afraid to see me fainting in front of you again?”

Myungsoo was really furious, and Suzy was really worried that something would go wrong.

“It’s not like that, Myungsoo, believe me, it’s not like that.”

“So, what excuse will you use this time?”

She was quiet and hesitant at first.

A drop of tear fell from her eyes when she was about to say a crucial sentence.




 

“Because I think I love you, Myungsoo”




 

That one magical sentence apparently had made the angry Myungsoo to be melted.

“Wha.. What did you say?” Myungsoo couldn’t believe what he heard before.

“I love you, Myungsoo.” She repeated.

"I love you, so that I care a lot about you. I love you, so I need you. I love you, so I want to stay beside you."

This time she said it, several drops of tears trailing on her cheek.

Myungsoo was left stunned. He was too shocked that he was at loss of his words.

“Why am I like this? Why am I crying?” Suzy questioned herself after she realized that she was crying and her hand began to reach her cheek to erase her tears, and suddenly Myungsoo’s hand palmed her cheek and put his lips to hers.

Suzy was also at loss of her words. She closed her eyes and enjoyed her first kiss with a man she loves.