vi.

The World He Takes Pictures In

“You got home well, didn’t you?”

“Of course I did. It’s already late. Go rest. You’ve done so many things today. You must be tired,” Suzy phoned Myungsoo after she got home.

“Okay, I’ll go to sleep. You must sleep sooner too. You are busy these days. Good night.”

Myungsoo hung up the phone in the living room, and went to his room. After he held the door knob, he felt like his heart was in pain. He grabbed his chest and panted. He didn’t remember anything until he heard his mom’s scream.




 

<:>




 

“Suzy-yah,”

“Suzy-yah, woke up.”

Suzy heard her mother’s voice in her dream. She woke up with an uneasy feeling.

It was 3 am in the morning. She checked her phone as soon as she woke up.

There were 10 missed calls by Mrs. Kim.

There was a message from Mrs. Kim.

Suzy-yah, Myungsoo had a heart attack. Please call me after you see this message.

Suzy felt that her heart was stopped.

Her hands trembled badly.

She hoped that Myungsoo was alright.

She hoped that nothing was wrong with him.

She called Mrs. Kim in panic.

“He… Hello? Mrs. Kim?” her voice trembled.

Mrs. Kim explained what happened to Myungsoo. She explained that his heart had briefly stopped last night. She mentioned that Myungsoo was in his critical.

Hearing Mrs. Kim’s explanation, she rushed to the hospital as fast as she could.




 

Suzy was there, in front of the ICU.

She was there again, for three times.

She could only think about Myungsoo now. She was afraid. She was scared. She was worried.

The doctor hadn’t allowed any visitors for the time being. It made Suzy lost her mind.

Suddenly, doctor Kang walked out from the room.

“Mr. and Mrs. Kim, Myungsoo needs heart transplant as soon as possible, so that we can do surgery. We are trying our best to find heart transplant for him. We don’t have much time,” he explained.

“He’s alright for now, but his condition is getting worse. He can’t be too tired.”

The couple were thanking Doctor Kang for his hard work. Suzy bowed to him.

The doctor’s word kept echoing in her mind.

“We don’t have much time”




 

<:>




 

Suzy was looking at Myungsoo from outside the room. The glass parted them. She could see Myungsoo was lying on the bed helplessly. His breath was supported by ventilator. There’s an electrocardiograph to monitor his heart rate.

Suzy landed her hand on the glass, wanting to touch Myungsoo. She wanted to be his strength.

Myungsoo opened his eyes slightly. He didn’t remember what happened. He still felt aches in his chest. He still can’t breathe in his own.

He looked at Suzy on the back of the glass. He saw her tears.

He didn’t want to hurt her, but he did.

He put his hand on the glass slowly, trying to match his hand and hers.

Their hands were attached, and were parted by a glass.

They were speaking words with their hands.




 

<:>




 

Suzy was just arrived at her apartment when her phone rang, after finishing her works at the office.

“Hello?,” she picked up her phone.

“Suzy, it’s me, Kim Sunggyu,”

“Writer Kim, what brings you to call me?,”

“I need to meet the photographer of the photo we were talking about,” he said. “I’m talking about my novel’s cover.”

“Oh, yes,” she answered.

“I’m going to meet the photographer now and discussing about the matter. Could you come to the café across our publishing company? Ciel Café. You know, right?”

“Okay, I’m going now, writer Kim,”

Suzy put her phone in her bag and prepared to leave again.



 

“Editor Bae, here!”

Suzy turned his head toward the voice. She saw writer Kim sitting in the table in the corner of the café.

“Am I late?,” Suzy arrived at writer Kim’s table. She was panting.

“The photographer hasn’t arrived yet,” he said. “Here’s a tea for you,”

Suzy “I heard that the photographer is young,” writer Kim said. “He’s talented, but I heard that he’s sick. Our publishing company wanted to scout him,”

“Is that so?,” Suzy took a seat next to him, and reached for her tea.

“Oh, there he is,” writer Kim stood up.

Suzy was drinking her tea, and she looked up toward the photographer.

Suzy was shocked to see what she saw.

“Hi, you’re Kim Myungsoo, right? I’m Kim Sunggyu, and she is my editor, Bae Suzy,”

Kim Myungsoo was looking at Suzy, and then he smiled to writer Kim and Suzy.

“Good evening, writer Kim, editor Bae, nice to meet you. I’m Kim Myungsoo, a photographer .”