i.

The World He Takes Pictures In

The world might sound dull to some people. But it wasn't for Kim Myungsoo. To him, the world was a story he wrote himself.

Photography was his hobby. He had talent in it. But, despite of his talent which could make his future bright, he really didn't have much time to face the future. That's why he enjoyed his days preciously, by doing his special hobby as his everyday life.

He was 22, but he was unable to love, because he didn’t want to be hurt, or either hurt someone because of him.

He was unable to love, until she came to change it.





 

<:>





 

Myungsoo was walking in the park, with his ordinary-looking camera. It was Spring, flower petals were gracefuly falling on to the ground. Couples were enjoying their morning together affectionately. Children were playing and laughing together. The weather was perfect. That’s why Myungsoo was bringing his camera to snap the beautiful sceneries.

Flower petals gracefully falling on the ground, a couple eating their breakfast together, children playing soccer together, a business man checkin ghis phone while sitting on the bench, a girl walking out her dog, he snapped anything that caught his attention.

Snap.

He took picture of a girl with white dress staring at the pool. She attracted his attention, as her long black hair were fluttering prettily because of the tranquil breeze. He could see men staring at her, stunned at her unremarkable beauty.

The girl seemed like she was aware of Myungsoo taking picture of her, and she smiled at him, leaving him a good shot.

And soon, while Myungsoo was taking photos of the sceneries, suddenly, a man snatched her white bag, and she screamed as soon as she lost it.

Myungsoo was startled after witnessing the incident. Without thinking, he ran after the man, and luckily, the man was obstructed by bicycle riders and he fall before he could do anything. He quickly caught the man, took the bag, and handed him to the police at the scene.

He gave the bag to the girl back. The girl said thanks to him and bowed to him as she owed something big, but Myungsoo’s face didn’t seem good.

Leaving the girl in panic, he collapsed at the ground.

That was the first time he neglected what his mother had told him.






 

<:>






 

“Wow, your heart is pounding really fast!”

There’s a group of children, were playfully checking on their friend’s body.

“Oh, you’re right. Myungsoo’s heart looks like it will explode”

“Fool.  How can a human’s heart explode?,” the other child yelled.

A boy was sitting on the bench, while the rest of his friends were touching his body, checking him like a new toy.

“Children! You should go home by now!,” a woman yelled at the group of children.

The children were running away, leaving the boy who was sitting in the bench along, with his eyes fixed on the woman.

“Myungsoo-yah, you didn’t run, did you? Or played soccer, or anything like that with the children?” the woman kneeled to check the boy and asked him worriedly.

The boy nodded. “I did what you already told, Mom.”

The woman seemed a bit relieved, and smiled to the boy, “Let’s go back to the hospital, shall we?”

The little boy nodded again lightly, stood up gently, and held the woman’s fingers with his tiny hand.






 

“I’m sorry for the mother and father, but Myungsoo’s illness can’t be cured,” a middle-aged doctor stated with regretful tone, looking at the anxious young married couple with his sympathize eyes.

“Is there another option, Doctor? Like surgery or anything,” the wife started to sob.

The husband held his wife’s shoulder firmly, and looked at the doctor with the same expression as hers.

“I’m afraid there’s no other option,” he continued, “I’m afraid that he can only live until he turned 23.” “More or less.”

The couple was sobbing tearfully and hugging in tears while the doctor could only stay there without doing anything, empathizing at the couple.

The young boy peeked at the three without them noticing, and quietly left to his own ward.





 


"what brings me to miss this world so much is not its beauty or anything

because of its challenges that makes us stronger.

we don't receive challenges again in the heaven,

because we have overcame all of our challenges in the world"