Four

On Snowy Days

Kikwang's POV

She needed to talk to me? Why didn't she just tell me through the phone then?

 

"Yes. Is there a problem?" I asked, kind of confused and eager to know the answer why she wanted to meet in person to talk.

 

Min began rubbing the top of my hands and she pouted and said, "I'm sorry."

 

I forced a little chuckle trying to not make it seem like she was at fault, "Eh~ the fight last week? It's okay if you haven't contacted me for two weeks for that."

 

Min shook her head. "That's not it."

 

"What is it then?" I asked her as I grabbed her hands and placed them on top of mine.

 

Min looked down and said it again, "I'm sorry."

 

I was confused, so I grabbed her hands closer to me, "Why? You've done nothing wrong."

 

Min looked at me with tears in her eyes as she bit her lower lip tightly, "Kikwang-ah. I've done nothing right either.... Let's......."

 

"What is it, Minnie~? Just tell me." I asked and told her to tell me.

 

Min looked down and her tears fell down, she let out a deep sigh, I have never seen her so stressed. I tried to cheer her up, "Minnie~ if you don't wanna meet today, it's okay. I know work must be hard for you."

 

Min shook her head not looking at me. Okay, something is seriously wrong. Min looked at me as she wiped her tears away from her face.

 

"Kikwang.... Let's....  Let's breakup." What did she just say to me?

 

Min looked at me, waiting for my answer. I had no answer, she wanted this,.... "Why?" I asked her slowly as I slowly let her hands go.

 

Min swallowed and said, "I... I'm..." I eagerly disrupted her wanting to know the answer, "Is it because I'm not smart? Is it because you're too ashamed of me?" Min looked at me with bigger eyes as little tears dropped and she immediately shook her head, "It was never like that."

 

"Why then? Why? Tell me!" I demanded her.

 

"Never mind. Let's just break up, okay?" She told me. Why does she wanna break up?

 

"Why!!?" I said to her in a louder tone.

 

"I'm pregnant!" Min yelled to me. Pregnant? We haven't done that since a couple of months ago since she was so busy, we never had the time...

 

"That's it? You still look small to me, always." I said to comfort her from her thinking she's fat.

 

Min looked at me as tears trailed down her cheeks and said, "Kikwang.. The baby is two months."

 

"Is that why you've been so stressed? Is it mine?" I asked, curiously. Min her lips and shook her head. "No... I'm afraid not."

 

WHAT!!? Oh my gosh..... Is she lying right now? I looked at her, "Liar." I smiled.

 

Min cried some more and said, "Yes, call me that all you want, I've been lying to you ever since I moved down to Songpa."

 

What is she talking about? "What are you saying, Minnie~?"

 

Min cried and wiped her tears, "Kikwang, you know I loved you truly. I truly had sincere feelings for you."

 

I nodded, "Yes." She said in a shaking voice, "Kikwang,... I cheated on you."

 

What in the world? "What?" I asked. "I'm sorry, Kikwang." she said to me. I looked away from her and outside the window where snow were falling.

 

Min tried to grab my hands, but I moved them away from her, "Minnie~ if you're trying to joke with me, it's not funny."

 

Min's face gotten darker as our conversation went on, "Kikwang, I'm really, really, really, sorry. I really am. I don't---"

 

I cut her sentence off by saying, "Min, stop it. I don't wanna hear it. Let's just break up then." Min looked at me and said, "I'm sorry Kikwang. I couldn't help it. You weren't there."

 

I looked at her, those words cut me deeply, I said to her, "You just needed to call, you knew I would come as fast as I can."

 

Min looked at me, "I'm so---"

 

I cut off her sentence again, "I wish you and your future husband the best.... And the baby. Bye, Min." I got up and walked away from the table and left the coffee shop. I felt my tears coming out slowly, as I walked out, a woman who was inside pushed me out of the way as she came out of the coffee shop behind me. I didn't bother to yell at the woman, I was too hurt to do anything. My tears were starting to fall a lot, I couldn't stop it.

 

I began walking nonstop, not knowing or caring where I go..... I ended up at street restaurants... I decided to go to the tent I usually go to and went to sit at my normal seat... The lady already knows what to get me so she did it already... As I was sitting, I began to think.... Who's my motivation now? What is my motivation now? Do I even have any? My drinks arrived, I gave the lady a smile then I poured my soju drink into the glass cup... I drink occasionally, but I can drink I guess... I took a few shots, as I tried to enjoy the pork belly I ordered, I hear a loud crying noise, I looked where it was coming from, it was from a woman, her eyes were bawling out. I looked away from her, looked back at her drinks, she had two soju bottles already, she was on her third one, I then asked the lady who worked here, "Is she allowed to drink that much?"

 

The lady shrugged her shoulders and said, "I'm not even sure, I have never seen her here before, she told me she can take that much." I then nodded as the lady walked away to other customers. The woman who was crying began sobbing louder, I looked over to her and said, "Be quiet, we're all trying to enjoy our meals." She looked over to me and said, "You're right, so I should listen to you after my heart has been broken, right?" What? Did she went through a breakup today too?

 

I looked away, until she called me out, "Hey you! You shouldn't disturb a woman who is full of regrets in her heart and is eating to her heart's content!" I then looked away again, I heard her crying again as she kept repeating to herself, "Everyone hates me." After I finished my meal, I paid and left, just then, someone bumped into me from the back, I turned to look, it was the woman who was crying from earlier, she looked at me and scoffs at me as she walked before me. What a rude woman! As I was walking, I noticed how weird she was walking, she suddenly fell, I walked past her, but she grabs a hold of my leg and she... THREW UP ON MY SHOES!!!!!


Hyosung's POV

I looked up at him and asked, "What is the matter?" Nervously asking.

 

He sighed and looked me in my eyes and said, "Hyosung, honey,... You know my love for you was great and true, right?"

 

I nodded waiting for him to continue.

 

He stared at me and looked down and at me again and said, "Let's break up."

 

My eyes grew bigger, my head went closer, my ears facing him, "What did you say?"

 

Joon looks outside the window, "I said, let's break up."

 

What in the world? Is he okay? "What?" I asked him.

 

Joon sighed and said, "Honey, you know I've always loved you. I've always done everything you've asked me to do. Whether it's our bedtime or for anything."

 

Huh? I'm confused. I asked, "Okay. what about it?"

 

Joon frowns at me and said, "I'm sorry, Hyosung."

 

"Why?"

 

"I'm sorry for making you wait these useless months for me. I should have done this even before I left."

 

"What are you talking about, Joonie~?"

 

"Hyosung..." Joon avoids my face and continues to look down as he inhaled air in his nose and said, "I did wrong."

 

"What is it!!?" I demanded an answer.

 

"Hyosung, I never once rushed you to sleep or do anything with me that would break your own beliefs. But..."

 

"Tell me, already!" I said to him angrily.

 

"As a guy, we usually can't hold it in...."

 

I looked into his eyes as they were met and I can see his eyes were not a peace. "What is it?" I asked softer.

 

"I have a baby."

 

Baby? "What do you mean?" I asked him.

 

Joon looks me in the eye and said, "I'm a father now..."

 

My eyes began forming tears, I looked away as I sighed.

 

"I'm sorry," he said to me as he grabs my hands, I moved my hands away from him as I was filled with disgust, I closed my eyes and shook my head.

 

"If you want to, you can meet her?" he asked me. Why would he want to introduce us? No, I don't want to. As much as I want to...

 

"No." I said to him. "I don't wanna see the woman who replaced me!" I said to him.

 

I felt his eyes on me as I was looking away from him, he said as I heard his voice shake, "Honey, I'm sorry, it just happened..."

 

One of my hands went up, motioning him to be stop talking, "Don't call me that." I put down my hand and looked at him, my tears fell aside of my face as I tried to speak, "It.. just... happened? Joon-ah, nothing just happens without a reason."

 

He avoided my eyes as he looked down and said, "I know I did wrong, I wasn't in my right mind that day. I was---" 

 

I cut off his sentence and asked "Did you ever even think of me when you went for your job?"

 

Joon looks outside the window, "I did, I really did, but things got out of hands."

 

I looked down as my tears began falling more and more, I finally looked at him again, "Did you ever even love me?"

 

That caught his attention, he looked at me finally and nodded. I don't think I can believe him anymore. "I did love you."

 

Did? Wow,.... I nodded and got up and said, "Okay, I'm leaving then."

 

Joon looks at me and said, "Wait..!!!!"

 

I bit my lips as I tried to hold my tears back and said, "I wish for you and your baby's mother well." I wiped my tears away and got up and walk pass him.

 

Joon grabs one of my hands, I looked at him, I could see it in his eyes that they were quite sad, but I don't want to be with a guy who has a child. "Let go." I demanded Joon.

 

Joon's eyes were forming tears also, so I ignored it by looking away... "Can you... Call me Joonie~ one last time?" he asked. I smiled as I was quite hurt at the same time, I said, "No, you have someone else who can call you that or a better name. I'm sorry I never made anything happened for you. I'm going." I tried walking away again, but he tugged on my hands and said, "Leave LaLa outside, I'll take care of her from now on." I looked at him and nodded as I brushed his hand off of mine as I left for the door.

 

As soon as I went out the door, I pushed some guy that was walking extremely slow at the door and ran out of the coffee shop. He must have been mad, I'm sorry, but I'm too emotional right now. I ran and ran and ran with tears in my eyes, blurred as my vision, then stopped, I ended up at an alley, I walked through the alley and saw some food tents, I just walked in a random one, they had soju and beer so I just went to sit down at an empty seat. The lady came and asked, "Hello, what would you like today?"

 

I looked up at her, she was taken back, she asked, "Miss, are you okay?" I shook my head, "No." She then told me my eyes were really red and told me to clean up my face, I took out my mirror from my purse and saw how horrible my makeup ended up, tears ruined my makeup. Luckily I carry makeup wipes, I wiped away all my makeup and threw the cloth in my purse and said, "I'm done, can I order now?" The lady looked at me weirdly and nodded, I inhaled to see what kind of food they had, I smelled only pork, so I said, "Give me three soju bottles with pork skins and pork bellies." She looked at me with big eyes and stuttered, "Thr....ee sojus?" I nodded and said, "I can handle it, don't worry." The lady just nodded and went to get my order done, she gave me my three soju bottles first, I poured them in the glass cup that was on the table and drank one cup, it led to more and more, by the time I knew it, my first bottle of soju was down already. I set the bottle aside and opened the second soju bottle, I didn't want to drink from the cups anymore so I just drank it from the bottle itself. I gulped and gulped down the soju, it was almost half-way already, my order finally arrived.

 

I ate and ate and drank, my second bottle was almost done. I then remembered how Joon used to let me drink only two bottles with him, I began crying again, my tears were falling again, I think I'm starting to get buzzed from my drink, I smiled it off as I gulped down once from the soju bottle. I wiped away my tears, but they kept coming down, my heart was hurting for Joon. I suddenly remember all those times we drank together when we just began dating and all those other times we did drink... As soon as I knew it, my second bottle was done, I looked at it and began crying out loud thinking of how Joon only allowed me two bottles because he didn't like seeing me drunk, I couldn't control my crying anymore, I cried loudly, not caring who's looking. 

 

I can feel and hear people talk about me, but I didn't quite understand, I just kept crying, I tried not to, but I still kept crying. Times like this is when Joon supposed to be by side to defend me, but he has other people to defend now.... As I started on my third bottle of soju, I cried even harder, remembering that one time that Joon almost had me, but he respected me so he didn't take advantage of me. Got me thinking, maybe I should have given it to him a long time ago, maybe things wouldn't be this way, maybe I would have been carrying his baby right now... The thought of that, my crying noise has gotten louder. As I was crying, some guy told me to be quiet, I looked over to him, not even seeing his face correctly, I still managed to say, "You're right, so I should listen to you after my heart has been broken right?" I don't even know what the heck I just said, but it sounded cool, I'm getting a little light-headed. I thought I heard him mumble something so I pointed at the same guy and said, "Hey You! You shouldn't disturb a woman who is full of regrets in her heart and is eating to her heart's content!" I began chowing down the pork skin and the pork bellies, it tasted awfully salty from earlier... I felt everyone's eyes on me again, "Everyone hates me...." I tried to cry quietly now, I suddenly had the hiccups while crying. This is going to be bad.... I've now finished my third bottle of soju, I motioned the lady to come to me so I can pay her, I couldn't even see straight...

 

After paying, I went out of the tent, I was walking behind one of the slowest walker ever! I shoulder bumped the slow walker and scoffed at the person as I walked in front of them. That person was extremely slow, I looked up, trying to regain my vision, everything seems to be moving back and forth a lot, I looked at the street lights, not knowing, the straps on my wedges came off, trying to keep balance, I couldn't manage to keep my balance, I was wobble back and forth, making me lose balance and fell down to the cement. I felt my head hit the cement lightly, I opened my eyes, trying to gain vision, I looked to see what can help me up, I grabbed onto a pole, can't really tell, ooh no... I just threw up, it's just a pole, it'll be fine....