One

On Snowy Days

Kikwang's POV

some-useful-tips-for-waking-up-for-fajr-

My alarm rang this morning around 6:30am, thinking I snoozed my alarm, I turned it off. I finally woke up from a call, it was from my friend at work, Youngjae. Youngjae? Wait... Youngjae? Why is he calling me?

 

"Hello?" I asked not knowing why he called so early.

 

"Lee Kikwang!" he yelled through the phone. "You, sir, are suppose to be here already! It's already nearly 7, it's almost opening and you're not here!"

 

I looked at my alarm clock, it was 6:50am already. Oh my goodness! I was late!

 

"Youngjae, I'm sorry, I'm coming right now." I panic as I told him.

 

"You better get here before 7:15, we're going to be having more customers now since winter is approaching. See you in a bit." he said to me.

 

He hung up first, I got off the bed and head to take a quick shower, I didn't have time to blow dry my hair today, so I didn't do so. I quickly got dressed, glanced at the clock, it was already 7am.

 

I hurried over to grab the gloves my girlfriend got me for me for our 100th day and I hurried over to grab my coat. I then rushed out to start my car and went straight to work. As soon as I arrived, it was 7:10ish am. I then turned off the engine of my car and hurried inside, rushing to go to the kitchen.

 

There Youngjae was waiting for me with his arms crossed and shaking his head constantly.

 

"I'm sorry, dongsaeng. I was up reading last night." I tried to explain to Youngjae.

 

"I understand, but you're lucky Daehyun isn't here. If he were, he'd be piss. But I won't tell him. Now hurry up and get dressed, we're going to have a busy day, since it's going to start snowing at 10. Hurry!" he told me.

 

I was relieved that Daehyun wasn't there to push me, he is always on me, sometimes when he gets up earlier than usual, he'd call me and tell me to wake up and get ready for work. But I couldn't blame Daehyun for not bothering me, he was one of my best friends, we met on our way to Seoul on the train, yes, that's silly, but we were going to Seoul for the same reason. We both wanted to go to college in Seoul, experience college. Ever since then, me and Daehyun has been together since. The reason why Daehyun hasn't been to the coffee shop much is because Daehyun is getting ready for his last stages of reaching graduation, he went to school because he had money, his parents were from Busan, but they would always send him money, Youngjae, on the other hand, already graduated last semester because he got his college credits from high school already, and me, well....

 

I didn't have enough money to go to college. My parents weren't too thrilled about me moving to Seoul, I'm from Naju, a pretty far place from Seoul, but I told them I have to go to college, and so I begged and begged until they approved of me going to college, and so they approved. My parents sent me to Seoul with $20,000 so I can pay my tuition for college for at least four semesters, they told me to go find a job so I can pay for my tuition also. After getting accepted to Seoul University, I couldn't wait to graduate high school, but eventually I did. During my high school year, after getting accepted to Seoul University, I decided to get a job too, I worked with my parents before, we were laboring crops and such, but I didn't get a lot because it was from them and I didn't get much, so I went to find me a job at a restaurant nearby my house, I managed to save a little over 2,000. So I graduated high school over there and moved to Seoul right after, I lived with my aunt and uncle during my first and secondyear of college, as I was going to start my third year of college, my uncle and aunt were getting attacked by the loan sharks; they were trying to get to us and trying to hurt us, so I gave my left over money for my third year of college to the loan sharks even if my aunt and uncle only owned half of that. Without any money, the house was taken by the bank, my aunt and uncle moved back to Naju where the rest of my family were, they told me to go home and forget about college, my parents told me to go home also, but they knew how badly I wanted to go to college, so at the end, they told me to stay. I stayed in Seoul alone for a couple of months until I ran into Daehyun again, he made so much friends, but he would only hang out with his best friend, which was Youngjae. Youngjae was from Seoul and he and Daehyun were both lonely at first, that's why they became friends. That day I met Youngjae, he took me in because he knew I didn't have a stable job nor a stable home. Daehyun and Youngjae both lived together since the apartments were too expensive so they decided to move in together, and I did too. I didn't have much to move in, but I did. Ever since that day, we three became close and were always watching each other's back, but I couldn't always be there for them both because I didn't go to college, a year later, we all met a great friend of Youngjae and he hired us into his coffee shop, his name is Himchan, he wanted to make his parents proud of him for opening a coffee shop, so he hired us as his employees.

 

 

 

"I'd like a Caramel Mocha-Latte please, and an Expresso." said one of the custumers.

 

That customer was a daily customer, he'd come everyday. I smiled at him and asked, "Yes, sir, one for you and Mrs. Park?"

 

He smiled at me and nodded. His wife died four years ago in a car accident. How did I know? Well, he's a close customer of mine.

 

I went to get his order done and served it to him. I looked outside the window, it was snowing really hard today, it made me want to go play in the snow and just make a snowman.

 

 

I'm on break now, I went out to a nearby burger shop by our shop, it was called "Uppie's Burgers", he was a friend of Himchan's. As I was going take a bite out of my burger, my phone rang, I checked to see who it was.... It was my girlfriend, Min. I was quite hesitant to answer it since we kind of had a fight two weeks ago and didn't really make up...

 

"Yes?" I answered with a confused answer.

 

"Kikwang, honey, are you on break right now?" she asked me in a soft voice.

 

"Yes, I am. Why?" I questioned her after answering her.

 

"I wanted to ask you a question, is that alright?" she asked me.

 

"Sure, you don't need to ask me for permission, just go on and ask." I answered her.

 

"Can I come meet you next week sometime?" she asked.

 

"Why? Do you miss seeing me that much?" I joked.

 

"Honey, you're being too funny. Well, sure I do, but I wanted to come see you today, but I keep getting appointments stacked. So is next week fine? Will Wednesday be fine?" she eagerly asked.

 

I was kind of nervous for her to see me, we haven't seen each other for around two weeks now, but she keeps insisting to see me. "Sure. Did you want me to pick you up?" I offered.

 

"No. My friend is dropping me off. I'll see you then. Bye, honey!" she hung up after that.

 

I haven't talked or called her recently because she's been busy with work and because of the argument we had. I was busy trying to keep up with my school work and work. But she called to meet me.

 

Why? She always tells me to go to her house, but she's been so busy these days, I've also been a little busy, so we just don't see each other that often anymore. Before she even moved to Songpa, we had lots of time with each other, and since she moved, we don't see each other a lot, we have really small talks and we barely call each other, we just text.... But this sudden visit... It makes me kind of nervous. Why? Shouldn't I be happy rather than nervous?


Hyosung's POV

VVO_LibNight_Aug-Sept2011.jpg

I'm sitting in this empty library room, only a couple of people left with me studying and reading. I'm supposed to be studying too, I had one more exam before going on winter break. I just can't focus right now, I miss my boyfriend too much, my boyfriend is working these days, since he graduated last semester, I'm left alone with most of my friends. I haven't been able to see him recently, or hear his voice. We haven't been contacting each other much, only a little. I'll call to leave a voicemail or text him to encourage him, but he just reads and listens to them. I checked my phone once more before going on to read my Sociology book. It was nothing, I just stared at our picture together and smiled and told myself I'll be just fine, we'll see each other soon. I let out a loud sigh as I massaged my forehead. Something hot was pressed on my face, I let out a squeal. I turned to see who it was, it was my good friend, Jiyoon.

 

"Hey you! That was extremely hot! What if you burned my face? Joonie would not recognize me anymore." I told her as I was touching my face.

 

Jiyoon smirks at me and puts down the coffee and hands one towards me. "You should be thankful I had the time to come here to even give you coffee."

 

I accepted her coffee and gave her a big smile and said, "Okay, I understand. I'll accept this my only good friend!"

 

I took a sip from it, it tasted so warm and sweet in my mouth, the way I liked. Jiyoon laughed at my enjoyment as I was exhaling.

 

"You look crazy, Hyosung. I'll be embarrassed, but I'm not." Jiyoon said to me.

 

I gave her my evil look. "You shouldn't be."

 

Jiyoon gave me a weird look as she shrugged her shoulder. "So did he text at all today?" she asked.

 

I looked down and forced a smile as I looked up to her, "I think he's too busy today."

 

Jiyoon rolls her eyes at me. "I'd so break up with him already!"

 

I smiled at her and said, "That's why I'm the one with the relationship."

 

Jiyoon stuck her tongue at me.

 

"Jiyoonie~, when are you going to go home?" I asked her.

 

"I might go home on Wednesday. Or wait until you go home since I go your way anyway." she replied to me.

 

I felt bad, because Jiyoon always waited for me, we're close friends, along with the other two girls at our big apartment.

 

"Okay. Let's go home before it gets too cold." I told her.

 

Jiyoon's eyes grew bigger and nodded. "I'd like that."

 

"Dummy!" I called her.

 

I packed my stuff and we walked to our house, we were neighbors.

 

"I hate the snow!" Jiyoon said.

 

"Why?" I asked.

 

"It brings me down. It makes me don't want to drive." she replied to me.

 

I laughed and asked, "You drive now?"

 

Jiyoon mugs me and continues walking. Soon enough we got to our apartment, I hurried to my room and put all my stuff down and went to take a shower.

 

 

 

I went in my bedroom and shut the door and tried to read my book. I couldn't think of anything when I was reading, I couldn't tell if I understood it or if I didn't. I stopped reading and took a quick nap. Just then, my phone began vibrating. I woke up and looked at the phone, I couldn't believe it. It was my Joonie. I answered quickly.

 

"Joonie~!" I exclaimed.

 

"It is!" he answered.

 

I was so happy, but he told me he'll text me when he's not busy. He must have not been busy enough to call me today.

 

"Why are you calling? Are you not busy right now?" I asked.

 

"I am, but I'm on break so I called you. Are you busy studying right now?" he said and asked.

 

I gulped, because I just woke up from my nap. "I was, but since you called, not anymore."

 

"Hyosung, my honey, let's meet this Wednesday." he said.

 

Wait... What? He wanted to finally meet on Wednesday!!! That was five days ahead. Why? "Why?" I asked.

 

"I just want to see you before I get too busy. Can we meet on Wednesday?" he said.

 

"Are you sure you're not busy?" I asked once again.

 

"I'm not, trust me, I'm just escaping this job a little, but I can't meet you at Songdo though, so please, please, come meet me in Seoul." he said.

 

Seoul? Why, Seoul? "Should I stay in Seoul until this week is done then?." I asked him.

 

"Oh right! You will still be in Seoul, I thought you'd be going home already." he said.

 

"Yes, I will still be in Seoul, that's the day I'm planning to go home." I told him.

 

"Okay, before you leave, we have to meet, I need to tell you important news," he said.

 

I was excited not knowing what it is, "Okay. Did you want to eat at the kimchi shop near the street food restaurant in the streets?" I suggested.

 

"No," he said, "I want to meet at... Channie's Coffee Shop."

 

Ah~, that coffee shop, I  know the guy.

 

"Okay. Did you wanna bring Teddy and I bring LaLa to meet each other once again?" I asked.

 

"Oh, right. I'll make sure to bring Teddy to meet LaLa that day. If you don't mind, can you bring all their stuff to me that day?" he asked.

 

Like... Why? "Okay, but I recently bought LaLa some medicine because she's been getting sick lately. Remember, I texted you to make sure Teddy was alright before taking him outside." I told him with confusion because he seems to not be getting my messages.

 

"Oh, right! I just forgot, dear. I'm sorry." he apologized.

 

"It's okay. I'll see you and Teddy then, Joonie~" I said to him.

 

"But you have to come at four, okay? It has to be at that time." he told me.

 

I was quite nervous since he seemed so nervous, I  was getting a little nervous hearing his voice tremble a bit. "Okay."

 

"Goodnight." he said before hanging up.

 

I was excited to see him, didn't know how to express the thought, so I walked out of my room and went to the living room where the three girls were.

 

"Oh, you finally finished studying?" asked one of my friend, Jieun.

 

I nodded and sat down next to her.

 

"Did you want some hot chocolate?" asked Jieun.

 

I nodded as I smiled at her.

 

Her eyebrows grew closer as well as her face near mine.

 

Jieun then asked, "Why are you so quiet? It's weird?"

 

I shook my head.

 

"What just happened?" asked one of my other good friend, Gayoon.


"What is it? Tell us! I'm sure we know you well enough to know you are in need to tell us something." said Jiyoon.

 

I smiled before replying and I exhaled. "Joonie~ called me today!"

 

They all jumped up closer to me and screamed, "YAY!!!"

 

They seemed more happy than me. I laughed at them and said, "Sit down so I can tell you guys."

 

They all quieted down and sat down closer to me. I cleared my throat and said, "He called me while I was taking my nap. And he asked me for to go on a date with him next Wednesday."

 

"Really?" all three girls exclaimed.

 

I nodded and said, "He said  the date is going to be at four too."

 

They all looked at me with their eyebrows rised as I continued. "He also said I had to go at four to meet him at Channie's Coffee Shop."

 

They all sighed and said, "Ah~ That guy."


I nodded.

 

All of them had a confused face on and Jiyoon asked, "Why is he being so exact?"

 

"Exactly what I was going to say, but I didn't."

 

Gayoon asked, "He was never too exact about the time, right?"

 

I shook my head.

 

"Or place, right?" Jieun added.

 

"Are you going?" asked Gayoon.

 

"I think so. I should go, right?"

 

Jieun looked at me as she titled her head and said, "But, don't you think it's weird how he set a specific time?"

 

I thought about it, noticing now that he never sets the time, he usually lets me. "No." I answered her, denying the truth.

 

"I'm going home that day along with Jieun, I don't think we can see you off." said Gayoon.

 

"It's okay. Jiyoon can come with me."

 

"It's too late, my mom actually called me earlier. She wants me to go home as early as I can. So I have to leave Tuesday night after my exams." said Jiyoon.

 

I frowned at Jiyoon, "That means I'm the last one to go home?"

 

They all looked at me and frowned with me. Was I really going to be the last one to go home? I mean, I'd rather wanna see my Joonie~ before going home, but seeing his face again after a long time, I don't know if I can take it. I went to my room and shut the door and saw my little LaLa looking at me, I smiled at LaLa as she came closer to me. I held onto LaLa and began petting her hair to the back. I haven't had time to play with LaLa lately and LaLa's been with Jieun a lot.... Seeing LaLa makes me feel like Joonie~ is with me everyday.... because she reminds me so much of my Joonie~..... Anyways,.... that date though.... He was being so exact with things and he.... I mean, I miss seeing him everyday, but... I'm a little nervous because I have this weird feeling.... Why am I so nervous?