Three

On Snowy Days

Kikwang's POV

Yellow-White-Roses.jpg

I didn't style my hair yet because I'm going to be smelling like coffee for the rest of the day, but I did bring an extra outfit to when I see my Minnie~ later. Since Himchan lived near the coffee shop, I'll just go shower at his house to get the coffee smell off of me and I'll just come back and meet Min there smelling like... well, Himchan.

 

 

 

"Can I get a Vanilla Frappuccino to go?" the customer asked.

 

I wrote it down and went to get it for her, she seemed to be a high school student I believe. "Coming right up."

 

I went and got it for her, it is now noon, my lunch time. I walked to Himchan's office and sat in his chairs.

 

"Hey, Kim Himchan." I said in a lower voice town.

 

"Yes," he answered not even looking at me, but his eyes glued stuck onto his computer.

 

"I'd like to resign," I said in the low voice.

 

He immediately looked at me and laughed and said, "Hey, Lee Kikwang, you better watch it or I'll fire you."

 

I chuckled and said, "Himchan, I have a request."

 

Himchan's eyebrows rose up, "Yeah?"

 

I cleared my throat and just went ahead and asked, "Can I have two hours off today?"

 

Himchan stares at me and asked, "Sure."

 

My eyes widened when he said that, "Are you for real?"

 

Himchan bursted out laughing and said, "No."

 

I mean mugged him and said, "Please, my girlfriend is coming today."

 

Himchan stopped laughing and looked at me with his serious face, "Min?"

 

I nodded slowly and then quickly. "Yes."

 

Himchan began rubbing his chin and nodded, "Interesting. I guess I'll let you off. Since you're one of my best workers and friends, I'll just let you off for the night. I'm getting off early too, I wanna go see the winter festival with Jongup."

 

I gave him a weird look and tried not to laugh, "Did Jongup set you up with a date?"

 

He smiled at me and nodded. "Yes."

 

I nodded and said, "Wish you the best of luck, BOSS!!!!"

 

Himchan's face got disgusted and grabbed his pen and threw it at me and yelled, "YAH~!!! You little... Now give me back my pen."

 

I grabbed the pen and twirled the pen around in my fingers and asked, "Boss, since we're like the best of friends, can I get the keys to your house?"

 

Himchan looked up at me and asked, "Why?"

 

"I needa take a shower too~" I told him.

 

Himchan smirked at me and got up from his seat trying to grab the pen from my fingers, "No."

 

I backed away and said, "No, Boss. Please!"

 

Himchan looked at me and his eyebrows came closer together and said, "I have a passlock, not a key."

 

"What?" I asked with one of my brows rose up.

 

Himchan also rose one of his eyebrow up and replied, "I'll give you four clues, it indicates each number order."

 

I nodded, agreeing with his deal, "Okay."

 

Himchan glanced at his pen and sat down and cleared his throat, "Ahem~ Well, it represents one of the most important dates of my life."

 

I gave him a confused look and nodded, making him continue.

 

"It also represents why I'm here today." he added.

 

I glanced at him waiting for two left. "This date also made me the happiest yet the saddest guy ever."

 

Himchan glanced up at me and side smiled, "And this date is the reason why you and the rest of the co-workers exist!"

 

I then said to him as I gave him his pen back, "Boss, I'm going to still be here though."

 

Himchan rolled his eyes and asked, "Then why did you make me list all of those?"

 

I gave him a smile as I tiltled my head to the side and said, "Because I don't wanna smell like coffee."

 

Himchan nodded, "Then, take her to the winter festival. The smell will go away soon and I'll let you leave a little early. I'll only deduct a little from your check."

 

I shook my head, "No. I still want my money too."

 

Himchan smacked his lips and said, "You will never learn my boy. But continue working, you!"

 

"Yes Sir~!" I answered.

 

I walked out of his office and continued working until the time.

 

 

 

Before I knew it, it was nearly 3pm, I was too into working today, I forgot to set up an alarm to warn me when I should go to Himchan's house. I looked at my watch, it was already 2:57pm, I went to get my wallet from the locker and was going to leave from the back. But, Hyunseung stopped me and told me to help him restock some of the coffee beans that just arrived, it was supposed to arrive in the morning, and so I helped him. As I was going to leave, I forgot where I put my cellphone and as I ran back to the locker room, I had to help Doojoon to wrap his gift for one of our co-worker he's been admiring,..... Lizzy, she's from the States and just began working here not too long ago. I finished wrapping with him and got up and found that my cellphone fell out of my pocket, I looked at the time, it was already 3:36pm, my head fell back as I kept stalling time, there was no way I'm going to smell any better. I left quickly to Himchan's house....

 


 

When I got there, I looked at his door, his passlock,.... what could it have been? His birthday? I tried, it didn't go through.... His parents' birthday? I don't know! Jongup's birthday? Nope.... then I remembered,.... it was the opening day of the coffee shop and his grandfather's death. I tried it and got it, it was 0622,..... I got in, checked the time, it was already, 3:45pm, I had fifteen minutes! I hurried over to the bathroom and showered as fast as I can, I blowdried my hair as soon as I got out, I came to realize.... My new clothes were still in my car! I had no choice but to wear the same clothes again... I'll change at work, I guess....

 

 

 

I drove to the coffee shop, it was already 3:58pm, I took out the clothes from my car and ran inside, I refused helping anyone, I hurried and changed. It was now, 4:03pm, I flipped my bangs to the side and went stepped out from the back room and went over to where I usually served people, but today, I'm coming out as a customer, as if I never worked here. I searched for Minnie~ I finally spotted her, she sat at the window where only two people can sit there, they were high chairs also. I walked over to her and as I was walking, I looked out the window and noticed some plants that were out there. I totally forgot about the flowers! I hurried and texted Minnie~

 

"I'm sorry, I might run a little late."

 

I went to the back door and left out to the flower shop, I ran to the flower shop and saw another guy in there and a few other girls. I hurried over to one of the workers, I think her name was Sunhwa? I don't know, anyways... I went up to her and told her about the flowers yesterday, she said if I gave her the ticket she gave me last night, I can have 25% off and I can have my flowers, I told her I forgot it and she told me I had to pay full price, she handed the receipt over to me, it was nearly $50!!! Fifty dollars!!! Oh my gosh! I was looking at my cash, darn, I wasn't short, but that means, I have to pay with all my money. I took out my money, as I was going to hand over the cash, the man stopped me from paying,... Weird...

 

"I have the 30% off! Young man, I'll help you pay for this, because I'm buying my girlfriend flowers for the last time. I won't be seeing her anymore after this." he said to me.

 

I gave him a polite smile and said, "Thank you! Really, without it, I'll be paying a lot!"

 

I gave the lady the right amount of money and waited for the flowers.

 

The man that helped me pay wasn't as old looking, he looked rather... my age?

 

"So are you here to buy flowers for your girlfriend too?" he asked me out of no where.

 

I looked up at him and nodded. He gave me a smile and said, "Me too, but,... It's going to be the last flowers I'll ever get her before I won't see her anymore."

 

I gave him a smile and said, "Why? Are you going somewhere?"

 

He sighed and said, "I'm not going to be seeing her anymore. Today's our last date."

 

I nodded, "What happened?"

 

He looked at me and shook his head, "You probably won't understand."

 

I nodded and said, "Alright." I was quite curious, but since he didn't tell me, I guess, I'll leave it be. My flowers came to me, I received it and thanked them. As I was going to leave, I said to the man, "Thanks for the percent off, have fun on your last date sir. Make it worth while." And just like that, I left,...

 

 

I looked at my text, Minnie~ texted me back quite a few minutes ago.

 

"I'll be waiting then. :-)"

 

I smiled at her text and ran to the coffee shop, I feel kind of bad for making her wait, so maybe I'll take her to the winter festival so she can meet the guys again...., I now entered from the front this time and smiled at her as I was walking towards her. I could feel the excitement rush in as I walked towards her. Minnie~ looked up and saw me and smiled at me widely and motioned me over to sit with her. I hurried and sat down as I hid my flowers.

 

"Hi, honey~!" she said and smiled at me. I smiled back, because I felt she needed to see my smile.

 

"Hi, Minnie~" I gave her another smile. Just then, I gave her the flowers from my back to her and said, "Surprise~"

 

Her eyes sparkled and she accepted them and placed them towards the window. Minnie~ already ordered coffee for herself, as always, she always liked skinny and weird tastes, she ordered the green tea frappuccino, although I've been working here, I've never tasted that. I ordered myself some mocha. We both took sips of our drinks and placed it down, she didn't even look at me in the eye but she smiled as she was stirring her drink around.

 

I smiled at her, "Are you just going to stir it?"

 

Min without looking at me and smiled, "Kikwang honey~"

 

I chuckled as I heard her say that, it always made me feel good inside, I answered, "What?"

 

Min grabbed one of hand and her smile faded a bit as she looked at me, "We needa talk."


Hyosung's POV

hairstyles-1.jpg

Waking up at 8am today, darn, I guess,... I'll get my hair done, along with LaLa, since she needs a hair cut. I left early to the hair dresser place, it was already 9am when we both arrived. I told the hair dresser to just trim my hair a bit and bangs and told them to give my LaLa a trim also. After that was done, I went back home and took LaLa to eat one last time before she meets Teddy and Joonie~. I went to put my makeup on and began curling my hair, although it was a new do, I had to get used to it soon enough.

 

 

 

I finished up at 1pm, darn... Three more hours... Maybe I should do some shopping for my parents and my Joonie~. I walked to the 'H' mall that was nearby the apartment, I wandered in the mall, alone, I left LaLa at home, she wasn't allowed in places like this anyway, I had to make use of two more hours before I finish everything... I spotted a little shop, it sold jewelry and such, I went inside, since it was the most appealing store to me. As I went inside, I noticed... Everything was made by hand! I always loved handmade things! I went around the store, they didn't have much I liked, but something caught my attention... I saw, two matching bracelets, it was co-, so I decided to get it for Joonie~ and me. I bought it and left afterwards, I still had so much time left, I looked at my phone, two unread texts, one was from Jiyoon and the other one was from Joonie~. I opened Joonie's first,.... it read...

 

"My Honey~ Remember, today at four  ; )"

 

I smiled at the text, then I read Jiyoon's text....

 

"Unnie~ I got home safely! Tell me how today goes... Okay? Hwaiting!"

 

This girl,.... Anyways, I still had about an hour left, so I think I'll just go home and take a short nap. I walked home and took a nap before even wrapping the present I bought him. I set my alarm to 3:30pm, I closed my eyes....

 

 

 

 

*BEEP*  *BEEP*  *BEEP*  *BEEP*   *BEEP*  *BEEP*

I'm awake! I turned off my alarm,  I had thirty minutes left.... I forgot I had to touch up my makeup a little bit and my hair along with... ARGH... I was getting frustrated! My hair at the back was getting a little messy and frizzy, so I threw on a hat to wear.... My makeup wasn't much to fix, so I added more eyeliner and more eyeshadow at the ends of my eyes. I looked at the time, it was already 3:40pm, I had twenty minutes before I get to see my Joonie~ and Teddy! I got dressed, wore my black tights, black wedge sneakers and with my dress shirt dress.... I didn't even bother with a belt, I'm too in a rush to be worrying about these little things... I got LaLa ready and we were set to go... I forgot, I lived a little far from Channie's Coffee Shop! Why did I set the alarm so late!!! I frowned, I had ten minutes left!!! I rushed out of the house with LaLa and her things and took a cab to the shop. The cab was so slow! I got out of the tab and took LaLa and ran to the coffee shop. It took me a while, since I haven't gone there since it opened... As I was nearing, I looked at my watch, I was late by three minutes, I hope Joonie~ forgives me! I was getting nervous and anxious as I was near the door, I peeked inside the coffee shop, there, I saw him, but I didn't see Teddy.... As I got nearer to the building, I saw Teddy tied outside of the coffee shop, I looked at Teddy and pecked his cheeks and tied LaLa also and went inside... As I walked in, I saw him, the man I wanted to see for so long... I looked at him and smiled, he was constantly looking at his watch, I cleared my throat as I was getting nearer.

 

 

 

"Joonie~...." I said silently as I was nearing Joon. He looks up at me and smiles and gestured me to sit.

 

"Hi, Honey~" he said sweetly. I missed his voice so much, I just smiled and leaned back. Although we were sitting across each other, I felt distanced from him.... I looked at him and asked, "Did you order yet?"

 

He shook his head as he gave me a half-smile, I smiled back at him and said, "I'll order for both of us." I acted like I knew the place, I acted like I drunk coffee, he should know I don't drink as much. I hated coffee! I then spoke to one of the waitors nearby, "Excuse me, can we order now?" The young man gave me a kind smile and nods, "What would you like, my dear?" he asked me. I was blushed as he said that to me, "Two cups of hot chocolate would be nice, sir." The waitor shot a smile at me and wrote it down, he left us. I smiled hugely and covered my face, why did I act like I never received any compliments? I uncovered my face and held a straight face as I looked at Joon.

 

"Was it hard to get here, honey? Your face is all red." Joon said all of a sudden.

 

My eyebrows grew closer together and I smiled and shook my head. "No."

 

He gave me a smile and said, "That's good to hear."

 

I looked him in the eyes and said, "I've missed you so much, Joonie~"

 

He gave me a smile and nodded. I was expecting another I missed you too, but I guess it's okay. I pouted a little and nodded...

 

Joon seemed to have noticed my little pout, he grabbed my hands and said, "Hyosung, my honey..."

 

I blinked multiple times and said, "Yes."

 

All of a sudden, he handed me flowers! They were red roses! So pretty! My favorite! I smiled widely and got up to give him a hug over the table. I took in his smell after letting the hug go,... He didn't smell like the same him... He smelled a little... Different?

 

"Thank you, Joonie~" I said to him, thanking him, I put my flowers aside as our drinks came at the same time.

 

"Here's two cups of hot chocolate. Will there be anything else?" the waitor asked.

 

I looked at the waitor, I gave him a smile and shook my head, "As of right now, everything is perfect. Thank you..." I looked at his nametag, 'Dongwoon'. I smiled at him, "Dongwoon, if there is anything, I'll let you know." He smiled at me and left. I still wandered why he didn't ever look at Joon.... - Shrug -....

 

I took a sip out of the hot chocolate and passed Joonie's to his side. "Drink up."

 

Joon nodded at me and took a sip out of his hot chocolate, he puts it on the side again. Joon cleared his throat and said, "Honey,.... I think it's time..."