The Battle of Miscommunications and the Maknae's research methods

Tug-O-War

AN: LOL hey guys. So, I know you’ve been waiting on me to finish this and I just got a bit of motivation back for it. I honestly had no idea where I was going to take the story and I’m not interested in drawing it out (I have too many other things to finish and midterms will be taking over my life for the next few days) So…this is the last chapter. If it , hey, in my defense, this is supposed to be crack so it’s going to be weird regardless. XD

ANYWAY

Do enjoy! :D

 

Taemin stared up at Minho, his hand on his chest. Why was his heart beating so damn fast? Why was Minho smirking at him? Taemin bit his lip, watching Minho’s posture slack so that he relaxed. Taemin’s eyes traveled up the rapper’s legs…his long legs.

How could Minho admire him? He had a thing for Jinki! Didn’t he? He was majorly confused, his eyes plastered to Minho as he talked with Sulli quietly.

This upset him. He was in love with Jinki, and he didn’t want anyone to come in the middle of that. If he were to be honest with himself, he didn’t feel anything for the rapper. Sure, Minho was his hyung and a wonderful friend, but someone to constantly admire and date? No, that position belonged to Jinki and Jinki alone.

Taemin chuckled nervously, “W-well, I’ll just leave you two be…I know Jinki had to talk to me about something rather important…”

“Oh stay with us, Taemin!” Minho said.

Sulli peered at him and there was an emotion he could see behind her eyes. It was both longing and rejection. What in the world was going on?

He quietly shook his head and stepped out of the room. He listened to the two bicker for a moment before he escaped the Fx dorm all together and hightailed it back up to where Jinki should be waiting for him. Luck was with him when he found the leader sitting on the couch, his arms crossed as he watched a television show.

Jinki’s eyes brightened when they saw Taemin and he quickly switched off the television. The maknae came flying towards him and he grunted when he was thrown back further into the couch. Taemin snuggled his head underneath Jinki’s chin and hugged him tightly.

“Hyung…something weird happened.”

Jinki was alright with screaming at Minho for hitting on him again—he could totally do that. He patted Taemin’s back.

“What happened?”

“Sulli said something…about Minho liking me. Like he admires me and she thinks I should give him some sort of chance.”

So that was his plan? Minho was preying on Sulli and using her to convince Taemin that he should date Minho? What kind of twisted plan was that? If Jinki wasn’t already upset that Minho had not veered off his path of trying to get Taemin into bed, he would be completely upset over the fact that he was using Sulli AFTER he had gotten her pregnant.

Jinki looked up when he saw Kibum peering into the living room. He raised an eyebrow, hoping that the diva had indeed heard Taemin’s words. Kibum shook his head in disbelief and Jonghyun frowned from his spot.

Jinki sighed, “Sulli wasn’t feeling well. I think Minho likes another person anyway, Taemin-ah.”

To Taemin, that sounded like exactly the opposite of what he wanted to hear. If Jinki knew that Minho liked another person…did that mean it was Jinki that he liked?

He wasn’t okay with this. How could Minho think that liking their leader when HE was the one who was dating him alright? It wasn’t and Taemin knew he had to put an end to it. He smirked and cuddled up to Jinki, “I’m sure he does. Not for long though.”

 

TWO WEEKS LATER:

“Minho-hyunggg! Can you grab my blanket for me?”

Minho chuckled, “Anything for you, Tae-ah.”

Taemin watched with bated breath as Minho wrapped him up in a blanket and cuddled next to him on the couch. This had been the routine for the past two weeks. Taemin liked to believe he was being an investigator and doing specific research into Minho’s love life.

He followed the rapper around, , played with him and hell, had even asked to out to lunch with him and Sulli. Taemin believed in these past two weeks that he was turning into a super hero and that he was gaining all the knowledge he needed in order to save Jinki from the claws of their rapper.

If there was one thing he wasn’t oblivious to, it was when someone was hitting on his boyfriend. He had to have eyes in the back of his head when girls hit on Jinki or when some guy would flirtatiously gaze at Jinki.

He hated the guys especially. Knowing that Jinki was into guys was what made him paranoid. Guys would stare at him, knowing that his leader was so sweet and adorable and like a fluffy little rabbit. The worst part?

He saw Minho throwing those looks to his leader. While Sulli had been on his back and begging him to at least go on one date with Minho, he never did. He was too suspicious of Minho’s potential feelings for Jinki. There was no way he was sharing the leader and he was NOT about to be caught up in some love triangle. The maknae was possessive over what was his and he would be until the day he died.

On this day, he watched as Minho played a game and randomly talked. He tuned out the rapper for a moment and thought of how Jinki had been somewhat…distant these past two weeks as well. Come to think of it, all of his hyungs beyond Minho had been rather quiet. There was oddly no yelling, no arguing, and peace.

Peace before the storm.

Out in town, Jinki sulked. The past two weeks had been the worst of his life. He had to watch as his boyfriend grew closer to Minho, following him around like a tiny little puppy dog. Even Minho had been confused at first until one day when Jinki pulled him aside.

 

Flashback:

Jinki watched as Taemin giggled and lightly shoved Minho, “Stop, Hyung! You’re making me blush!”

“But you’re cute when you blush!”

It made him sick to his stomach to hear all of this. Couldn’t Minho just mind his own damn business? When Minho crossed into the hallway, Jinki grabbed his wrist and tugged him into the hall closet. Minho grimaced, “Aish, Hyung, you couldn’t have pulled me into a room or something?”

“What the hell did you say to Taemin? Just last week he was terrified of you.”

Minho grinned, “Seems his true feelings are coming out.”

“Oh, bite me, Minho. There’s just no way they could’ve changed so rapidly.”

“Or they didn’t at all.” Minho poked at Jinki’s chest, “Look, he obviously wanted to take whatever advice he had been given and allowed himself to experiment. Just admit that he likes me better than you and all of our tension will go away.”

Jinki grit his teeth, “Never.”

“Your loss,” Minho said as he exited the closet.

Jinki stood there bristling for a moment. There was no way it was true. Taemin wouldn’t just…fall out of love with him, would he? Jinki sighed. He had never told Taemin that he loved him. While his heart told him that it wasn’t too late, his instincts told him otherwise.

End Flashback:

 

“Hyung, Minho’s just screwing with you. Don’t believe him.”

Jinki wanted to believe it, but Taemin’s actions weren’t doing anything to help. He had begun staying in his own room again and was avoiding his touches and any form of communication. They were dating for god's sake! Wasn’t Taemin just happy about that a couple of weeks ago? Hadn’t he snuggled up to Jinki and started kissing him aggressively that day he came back to the dorm terrified?

What had changed? What did he miss? What did he do that pushed Taemin away from him? Kibum crossed his arms in his seat.

 “We’re not allowing you to lose this war, Jinki, it’s not happening. I will personally run all over town in a pink dress before I see Minho take Taemin to bed.”

The sentiment was sweet and it made Jinki chuckle. But it also worried him. Taemin and Minho were home alone together right now. While Jinki knew Taemin was loyal and never one to cheat on a significant other, he was paranoid about Minho’s certain…persuasiveness.

Taemin was pure and Jinki would be damned if he let Minho take away Taemin’s innocence just to boost his stupid ego. He would join Kibum in his threat and be six feet under before that happened.

“We need to get home. I need to tell Taemin the truth.”

At home, Taemin tried not to gag as Minho touched his feet.

“Hyung, that tickles!”

“But you’re just so cute when you blush, Taemin, I can’t help it!”

Taemin knew he was doing this just to throw him off. He was acting all sickly sweet to him and then when he was softened up, he would swoop in and take Jinki for his own.

The fact that Minho was being so oblivious to his amazing research made Taemin laugh. He thought Minho was smarter than that. He knew he could report his findings to Jinki soon and then he would turn it over to Kibum and let him handle it. The dorm umma would have fun yelling at the rapper for his attempts to break them up.

Minho reached for his hand, “Hey, Tae…what do you say we go to my bedroom?

So he could try to make Jinki see them and then have the leader break up with him? Over his dead body. Minho was cunning, he would give him that. But he would not be the villain in this story. He would never do anything to hurt Jinki.

Taemin smiled, “And do what, Hyung? Take a nap?”

Minho shifted closer, “I was thinking about something a little more fun…”

Taemin wriggled his nose as Minho leaned towards him. He was not going to give Minho any ideas. The fact that Minho wanted to figure out a way to take his leader’s innocence drove him mad. Couldn’t he just leave Jinki alone?

Regardless, Taemin kept up his act.

“Fun, Hyung? What fun?”

“Well…”

Taemin watched as Minho’s hand came behind his neck. “It would start with you…and me…in bed…and—”

“GET YOUR GRUBBY HANDS OFF MY BOYFRIEND, MINHO.”

Both Taemin and Minho looked up to find Jinki standing in the entrance of the living room, both Jonghyun and Kibum standing behind him. Jinki was fuming and Taemin groaned, “Hyung, it’s okay.”

“Okay? OKAY?” Jinki clenched his fists as he stalked closer, “Don’t you see what he’s trying to do, Taemin?!”

“Yes! He’s trying to get YOU to sleep with him!”

The room went quiet and all eyes went to the maknae. He pouted and kicked away from Minho.

“I knew you wanted Jinki. I KNEW IT. I WAS ONLY GETTING THIS CLOSE TO CONFIRM MY HYPOTHESIS.”

Jinki blinked. “What?”

Minho could hardly believe this. Where the hell had Taemin gotten a stupid idea like that? He stared at the dancer, trying to figure out where the hell he went wrong. Had Sulli pushed him into thinking he liked Jinki? Had Jinki given him that idea?

“Taemin…just how dense are you?”

“I AM NOT DENSE. YOU’VE WANTED HIM EVERY TIME YOU LOOKED AT HIM. I SAW YOU TWO GO INTO A CLOSET TOGETHER!”

Jinki stood there in shock for a moment before he burst out laughing. Soon the diva and main singer joined him. Minho was rubbing his forehead.

 “Aish, Taemin, I’ve been trying to get with YOU, not Jinki. God, he’s a top, I wouldn’t bottom for him!”

“OH MY GOD WHAT?!” Taemin screamed.

He jumped up from the couch and ran behind his boyfriend. He felt sick to his stomach. All this time it had been him? It wasn’t some huge plot to steal Jinki away?

Minho stood up, “Come here.”

“GO AWAY,” Taemin wrapped his arms around Jinki’s waist and hid his head.

He felt so violated. Had he only made Minho’s lust grow stronger while he did his research?

Jinki chuckled and pulled the maknae around into a hug. “Taeminnie, did you really think he wanted me?”

“Yes! You’re my man and only mine!” Taemin buried his head into the leader’s chest. “I love you, of course I would be worried!”

Those were the words Jinki had wanted to hear. Taemin loved him. Him and only him. He smiled and pecked the boy’s head.

“I love you, too, Taemin. I should have told you earlier.” 

Kibum cooed at the love scene happening in front of his eyes. This was the way it was meant to be.

Jonghyun chuckled from his spot next to Kibum, “Now that’s a happy ending.”

“Excuse me! WHERE’S MY HAPPY ENDING?”

Taemin looked up slightly, “You tried to trick me!”

“Oh my god, Taemin, I love you, why would I try to trick you?”

Jinki smirked, “Did you tell him you got Sulli pregnant?”

“WHAT?!”

Minho groaned and laid back on the couch. His chances were ruined. The poor maknae looked scandalized and tried to climb into Jinki’s arms as if he were trying to get away from him. Taemin on his part felt like he had missed out. Now it made sense--Sulli being sick, the tears, her begging for him to spend a night with Minho.

Kibum shook his head, “I can’t believe you would do that to Sulli of all people. She loves you!”

“I love Taemin!”

“Bite me, Minho! I love Jinki!”

“And I love Taemin. This war is my victory,” Jinki said as he smirked.

“OVER MY DEAD BODY!” Minho screamed.

Kibum surged forward then along with Jonghyun. The living room dissolved into screams until Jinki decided he'd had enough. He picked up the maknae and carried him out of the room. Taemin hid his face in Jinki’s neck, blushing when he heard the bedroom door shut.

“You’re staying in my room with me from now on.”

“J-Jinki?”

“Over his dead body. Well, fine then.”

Taemin squealed when Jinki stalked towards him and pushed him down onto the bed. “Let me show you why I am the one who can make you scream, Taemin-ah.”

Out in the living room, Minho paled at the screams he now heard coming from the leader’s bedroom. When had they escaped?

Kibum smirked, “Now that’s why they belong together. Years of just exploding.”

“, HYUNG!”

Minho fell down onto the couch. His face was white and he knew then—the war for the maknae had been lost.