The Battle of Missed Words and Confused Feelings

Tug-O-War

AN: Short mini chapter. Forgive me! Enjoy!

 

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER:

Jinki knew he was on his guard. He had to be defensive right now over every little thing Minho did or said. He knew the rapper was up to something because of how "eagerly" he flipped his attention from Taemin to Sulli.

While this thought also excited him because now he was free to make sure the boy knew he was loved, it scared him as well. Who knew what Minho could be planning to do to undermine him!

From what he had been told by Victoria, Minho had been coming over every day to get a plan in place for Sulli and the child she was now pregnant with. Their managers were involved of course and it seemed that Minho was actually going to take responsibility for what happened.

Right now he was relaxing in the backseat of the van they usually took to schedules. Taemin was leaning against his chest, his eyes drawn to the book he was reading as Jinki rubbed his arm. Up in the front Minho was on his phone, supposedly talking with Sulli.

But what bothered Jinki the most about their conversation was how cryptic it was. He never gave long answers and it was always yes or no or not that way. The leader knew Jonghyun and Kibum were just as suspicious as him given that they knew what was going on. For Taemin’s sake, he had been left out of the whole issue. It hadn’t been Jinki’s idea for that though.

It had been Kibum’s. At first he had agreed, knowing it was better for Minho to get things under control, but now…he wasn’t so sure. Minho quietly hung up the phone and leaned back in his seat.

Jonghyun shook his head, “How is Sulli?”

“She’s fine. I’m going over to see her later.”

Taemin flipped a page in his book, “Tell her I said hi, Hyung!”

“You know, Tae…” Minho turned around to look behind him.

The three elders immediately perked up, watching the rapper carefully as he spoke to the maknae.

“Sulli actually asked to see you later if you were able to.” 

Taemin smiled as he looked up from his book. “I can see her! I want to tell her hi!”

“Perfect. Just tag along me with me later, alright?”

Jinki cursed Minho. The leader kept his mouth shut, knowing he wouldn’t be able to intervene. He heard Kibum grumble under his breath as the car stopped and they were let off to go inside to their dorm. Taemin reached for Jinki’s hand which brightened the elder’s mood if only slightly. Inside the dorm they spread out, Jonghyun and Kibum reaching the main singer’s room within record time and Minho went to his own room. The maknae and leader were left to their own devices as they sat in the living room and quietly watched a movie together.

“Hyung?”

Jinki looked down at Taemin and found him smiling. “Neh, Tae?”

“You’re such a good pillow. Your chest is so comfy!”

Jinki chuckled and held onto Taemin just a bit tighter. He sensed the younger was close to falling asleep so he didn’t say anything as he rubbed his arm gently.

“Jinki-ah…can I ask you something?”

The tone in Taemin’s voice told Jinki that this question was important. He peered down at the boy once more.

“What is it ,Tae?”

The maknae moved, laying his head on Jinki’s lap so he could stare up at the elder.

“Y-you really like me a lot, right?”

What kind of question was that? Jinki smiled and nodded, “You’re the only one I like, Taemin-ah.”

Taemin bit his lip, “So you don’t have any feelings for anyone else?”

The leader supposed he could tell Taemin what he had been wanting to tell the boy for ages. He sat up slightly, making sure to keep Taemin’s eyes.

“Taeminnie, You’re the only one I lo-”

“Hey, Tae! I’m going to see Sulli now!”

The interruption made Jinki hang his head and Taemin grimace. He eagerly stared up at the leader, hoping he would finish what he was saying.

“Continue, Hyung, what were you going to say?”

Minho jogged out into the living room. “Come on, Tae, we’ll be late.”

The maknae pouted but Jinki simply smiled at him, “Go on, I’ll tell you when you get back.”

Taemin sat up and let the leader kiss him quickly before he begrudgingly followed after Minho and out of the dorm. Jinki sat there silently, wondering if it was wise that he hadn’t been able to say those three simple words to Taemin. He hoped it wouldn’t come back to bite him.

Down in F(x)’s dorm, Taemin bounced behind the rapper and into Sulli’s room. The girl looked upset when she saw Minho but Taemin saw a smile spread on her face when he walked in as well. “Hey, Sulli-ah!”

“Taemin-oppa, I was hoping you would come.”

The maknae took a seat on the girl’s bed and patted her arm. “Jinki-hyung said you were sick. Are you feeling better?”

She nodded, shooting a glare in Minho’s direction. He patted his legs, “Let me go grab you some water, Sulli. I’ll be right back.”

He walked out of the room painfully fast and slammed the door behind him.

Taemin smiled as Sulli sat up completely and cleared .

“Taemin-oppa?”

“Neh?” he asked.

Although he was staring at Sulli, he was thinking about what Jinki was trying to say earlier. With his luck the leader could have been saying what he thought he was trying to say!

“—ever thought about kissing Minho-oppa?”

Taemin blinked. WHAT DID SHE SAY?!

Taemin sputtered incoherently, “What did you say?!”

She looked timid for a second before she smiled, “I asked if you ever thought about kissing Minho-oppa!”

Why in the world would he ever think of that? He didn’t like Minho that way! Everyone knew he liked Jinki, and that Jinki was probably the only one he would ever kiss! Sulli could see Minho’s plan would probably not work. Despite it hurting her, she went through with it. She was in love with Minho and she knew Taemin loved Jinki. But if this was best…

“I think Minho-oppa really likes you. He looks at you with stars in his eyes all the time!”

He…did? No, he stared at Jinki which annoyed the younger to no end. Why did Minho have to into his relationship? Before he could voice this opinion out loud Sulli patted his arm, “He admires you and I think you should spend more time with him.”

Taemin was confused. Didn’t he like Sulli or Jinki though? Why would Minho admire him? Did the elder see him in some form of light he didn’t even see himself in?

Before he could speak the door opened and Minho walked back in with three glasses of water. Taemin was now acutely aware of the fact that he was handed the first one and Sulli the second. Minho sent him a smile and now Taemin felt conflicted. What exactly did Minho feel…and why was it making his heart beat fast?