The Battle of Ditched Dates and Newly Acquired Boyfriends

Tug-O-War

AN: So, like I said. I have a general idea of how I want this to go, but I’m kind of playing with a few ideas still, so…yea, just warning you all now! I hope you enjoy!

 

A COUPLE OF LATER:

Minho was stewing in his seat next to Jonghyun, glaring over at the now healthy maknae and leader. Taemin was much better and bouncier than ever, but more so, happier when Jinki was near. The five were at a radio interview, going through the motions of promoting their repackaged album and their new album about to come out.

Taemin’s giggles made Minho scowl and turn away to look at the wall. Jinki was busy holding Taemin close, practically making the maknae sit on his lap. Minho thought people would freak out before he remembered how much the two were linked together when doing fan-service so it wasn’t odd to those around them.

He turned to peer over at the two and nearly gagged. Jinki and Taemin were holding hands and the leader was whispering into Taemin’s ear while shoving some water his way. Ever since he had tried to take care of Taemin that day when he was sick, things had gone badly for him.

If he thought Taemin and Jinki had been glued together beforehand, he was wrong. Taemin literally refused to leave the elder’s side and had even taken to sleeping in Jinki’s room. Kibum didn’t mind because Jonghyun was now free to stay in his and Taemin’s room. That left the rapper alone and pissed off that Taemin wouldn’t even let him touch him now.

Kibum on his end was smiling brightly at the two on the opposite end. He knew that Jinki still hadn’t talked to Taemin, but it didn’t matter so much at the moment. His and Jonghyun’s small pushes helped make the two closer.

Taemin giggled once more when he felt Jinki’s fingers lightly tickle his side. “Hyung! That tickles!”

“That’s the point, Minnie,” Jinki said with a smile. He loved the fact that Taemin was so clingy towards him. It seemed natural and wonderful for them to be so close and loving. While they were on commercial, he pulled Taemin closer, “Hey Tae?”

The boy looked up with a smile, “Neh?”

He would do it this time. He would ask Taemin out on a date and hopefully once and for all, spill his feelings. He squared his shoulders and spoke quietly into the maknae’s ear, “W-would you go out with me later?”

“To hang out?”

Jinki frowned and shook his head. He knew he probably looked angry and frustrated to the younger, but he had to get this point across. “No, I mean on a…”

Taemin’s eyes went wide, “Wait, you mean on a date?”

Jinki only had to shake his head yes for the maknae to throw his arms around the leader’s neck and squeal.

“YES! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes, Hyung!”

Jinki smiled and hugged Taemin tightly, making sure to peer at Minho over the younger’s shoulder. The rapper had his fists clenched so tightly and had stood up in his seat ready to scream at the two.

Instead, Jonghyun tugged him down, “You will leave them be.”

Kibum jumped up, “Yes! Finally!”

He rushed over and hugged the two tightly, rambling on and on about how happy he was. Jinki pulled Taemin close as the interview continued on. The rapper groaned in his seat, feeling his chances with the maknae slowly diminish. What could he do? He glared at the two and finally an idea clicked in his mind. He smirked and leaned back in his seat, fully aware of what he could do to split them up.

It was a couple of hours later that they were back at the dorm from a long day of schedules. Tired, yet refreshed from the dance practice, Taemin laid down on the couch next to Jinki.

“When are we going out, Hyung?”

Jinki smiled, “I made a reservation for dinner at six…if that’s okay with you?”

The maknae jumped up at the sound of food.

“Let’s go out and have fun at the park again before we go to dinner!”

Jinki couldn’t help but smile at the maknae’s eagerness.

“Sure, Tae. Can I shower first?”

“Neh! Hurry then!”

Jinki laughed as Taemin shoved him up and off the couch. The leader disappeared around the corner and into the bathroom. Taemin quickly went to his room and changed out of his clothes and into something nice for the leader. Just as he ruffled his brown hair into a presentable state, his door opened.

Taemin smiled and turned, “Ready, Jinki?”

The maknae frowned when he saw it was Minho.

“Oh, you’re not Jinki.” 

The rapper tried not to scowl at that and walked further into the room.

“I’m cashing in your rain check, Tae. Come on and watch a movie with me.”

Taemin shook his head, “Bu-but I have a date with Jinki-hyung! We’re going to the park and—HEY! LET GO OF ME!”

The rapper used his height and flipped Taemin over his shoulder, dragging him to the door. Minho had timed this precisely, knowing that Jinki was in the shower and Kibum and Jonghyun were busy in his room.

Taemin beat on his back, “YAH! LET GO OF ME! JINKI-HYUNG! KIBUM-UMMA! JONGHYUN-HYUNG!”

“Oh come on, Tae, it’s just me. It’s not like I’m kidnapping you.”

“YOU ARE KIDNAPPING ME! HYUNGS!!”

Minho grit his teeth once they were out of the dorm and in the elevator. He didn’t bother to set the squirming Taemin down, knowing he’d never be able to catch the youngest if he darted out of his grip.  Once they were out on the street, Minho set Taemin down and grabbed his wrist, tugging him forward.

Taemin tried to resist, “Let go of me, Hyung! Jinki’s going to be worried and think I ditched him!”

That's exactly what Minho wanted him to think. He had to nip this in the bud before it blossomed out of control. What his band mates didn’t understand was that HE deserved to be with Taemin. They were the closest in age, and Taemin was perfect for his next conquest. He only had to convince the maknae of it and things would fall into place.

 

BACK AT THE DORM:

Jinki quietly hummed to himself as he threw on some nice clothes, taking a sweater for Taemin to wear later in case he grew cold. When he was sure he had everything, he trailed over to the room Taemin shared with Kibum and knocked.

“Tae? Are you ready to go?”

He heard no reply. He opened up the door and peered inside, his eyes narrowing when he saw it was empty. He walked down the hall to Jonghyun’s room and knocked.

 “Kibum-ah? Jonghyun-ah?”

The diva opened the door with tired eyes, “Why are you still here? You’re supposed to be out with Tae.”

“He’s not in his room…I was seeing if he was in here.”

Jonghyun was behind the diva in an instant.

“No, is he in the living room?”

The leader was worried now. Where did Taemin disappear to in such a short time? The three walked around the dorm, calling out Taemin’s name. Jinki was slightly miffed. Taemin had been so excited and rearing to go out. Did he change his mind all of a sudden? 

“Minho’s gone…” Kibum said quietly.

It clicked in the leader’s head.

“He must’ve kidnapped Taemin when I was in the shower…”

He ran to the maknae’s room and searched for the object he knew Taemin probably left behind. When his hands picked up the youngest’s phone, he nearly screamed. Damn Minho for resorting to this. Kibum crossed his arm behind him.

 “Minho’s going to get it when he gets back tonight.”

Jinki sunk down into Taemin’s bed. There went his plans of finally confessing to Taemin.

Jonghyun frowned, “You’ll get to confess, Hyung, we’ll make sure of it. Taemin’s probably trying to find a way to contact you.”

He hoped so, but a large part of him doubted it. He knew Minho could wrap anyone around his finger. He had lost his chance.

 

WITH TAEMIN:

“LET GO OF ME, HYUNG! I WILL MAKE A HUGE SCENE AND EMBARRASS YOU IF YOU DON’T LET ME GO!”

Minho grit his teeth as he dragged Taemin into the cinema and into a seat.

“Oh come on ,Taemin. You’ll enjoy the movie.”

“You made me ditch Jinki. He’s probably freaked out that I disappeared!”

Minho rolled his eyes. He couldn't care less about how Jinki felt. This was retribution for earlier and how fast he was romancing Taemin. He was barely giving Taemin a choice!

Minho stood, “I’ll go grab us some popcorn. Stay here, alright?”

Taemin ignored him and pouted in his seat as Minho left. The maknae was upset. This was not where he wanted to be. If he didn’t know any better, he could swear Minho was oblivious to how he felt about Jinki. Even Kibum and Jonghyun knew! Did Minho have feelings for Jinki? Is that why he was so intent on butting in everywhere? That didn’t suit the youngest. He peered around and tapped on the person in front of him.

The young girl nearly squealed, “Taemin from SHINee?!”

“Do you have a phone I can borrow? I need to contact my leader.”

The girl shakily gave him the phone and he tapped in the numbers to his cell phone, knowing Jinki was already clutching it. He sighed in happiness when the line clicked on.

“Taemin-ah! Where are you? You disappeared!”

“Minho-hyung kidnapped me from the dorm. Meet me at the park?”

He could almost hear Jinki smile on the other line.

“I’ll be there soon. Bye, Minnie.”

“Bye, Hyung!” Taemin hung up the phone and handed it to the girl. “Thank you, is there some way I can repay you?”

The girls in front of him only squealed when he agreed to take a picture with them. Once they were satisfied, Taemin got up and sneakily walked out of the opposite side of the cinema, using an exit door. He barely heard Minho call him name as he sprinted down the sidewalk and to the park he had been with Jinki. When he was close, he broke out into a large smile at the sight of Jinki there waiting for him. He lunged into the leader’s arms and hugged him tightly. Jinki lifted him up and spun him around.

“I thought you'd changed your mind at the last minute.”

“No!” Taemin cried when Jinki set him down. The maknae clutched onto the leader’s sweater. “I was getting ready and Minho just threw me over his shoulder and left the dorm.”

Jinki frowned at this. So he really did make Taemin leave against his will? He held out his hand.

 “Come on, let’s get to dinner before he finds us, alright? Kibum’s going to deal with him. We need to talk anyway.”

The maknae smiled at that and took Jinki’s hand, making sure to lace their fingers together along the way.

 

BACK AT THE DORM TWO HOURS LATER:

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WOULD JUST TAKE HIM FROM THE DORM AGAINST HIS WILL! WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU? DON’T YOU HAVE ANY SENSE FOR WHAT HE WANTS?” 

Minho rubbed his head. Jonghyun was laughing from his spot in the corner and egging Kibum forward. The diva was laying into the rapper, calling him every name in the book and ripping into him for what he did. 

Kibum continued, “YOU WILL LEAVE TAEMIN ALONE AND LET HIM BE. HE DOESN’T DESERVE TO HAVE YOU BUTTING INTO HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH JINKI!”

Minho stood at that, “They have no relationship! They aren’t anything to each other!”

“I beg to differ! If you would just leave them alone, they probably would have confessed to each other!”

“Even if they did confess, nothing’s going to happen! They wouldn—”

 The front door opened and Taemin’s giggles interrupted the argument. Minho brushed past Kibum and glared at the youngest.

 “Yah Taemin! You ditched me!”

Taemin only glared, “You made me almost ditch Jinki-hyung.”

The rapper walked forward and tugged at Taemin’s wrist.

“Whatever. You’ve had your date, now you owe me a night of hanging out.” 

Jinki grabbed Minho’s wrist, “Get your hand off him.”

“Stay out of this, Hyung. Taemin owes this to me.”

The leader tugged Taemin’s hand out of Minho’s grip and pulled him into his side.

“He owes nothing to you! Get your hands off my boyfriend!” 

The rapper paused. Somewhere in the background, he could hear Kibum squealing and screaming.

Jonghyun finally made his appearance next to Minho, “Finally.”

Taemin blushed as he huddled into Jinki’s side. The leader only smirked at Minho’s shocked face. He grabbed Taemin’s hand and pulled him close as they walked to the room the leader had to himself. Kibum smiled as Minho fell to his knees in shock.

“It’s over, Minho. They’re dating and so help me lord if you try to break them up, I will make your life a living hell.”

Minho shook his head. No, it was over. It was far from over. The fun was only just beginning.

 

AN: Now, I know what you’re thinking. It’s too soon, but I’m going to get further into their relationship and I will be giving some flashbacks and I have fluff coming up. I also have angst coming up. It’s worth it!