The Battle of the Careless Rapper and Angry Leader

Tug-O-War

AN: Next update, lovelies~~! Enjoy this curve. It makes the story a lot of fun coming up!

 

TWO WEEKS LATER:

It was sickening to watch. They were so disgustingly attached to one another now that they were dating. Minho crossed his arms as he sat on the recliner in the living room of their dorm. The two were cuddled together on their couch, Taemin’s head buried in Jinki’s chest as they watched some drama on the television together.

Kibum and Jonghyun had disappeared into the kitchen together, not bothering the new couple. The rapper tried to ignore them, but he couldn’t help the slight shift of his eyes every so often. His new plan wouldn’t be easy, but he had a hunch that it would work quite nicely in his favor.

From what he knew by eavesdropping, Jinki had only asked Taemin to date him and admitted that he liked him. He had dared not to admit that he loved him yet. Unfortunately for the leader, Minho was going to use that to his advantage. His pulled out his phone and played with the keys for a bit before peering at the couple.

“Hyung? Tae?”

Both Jinki and Taemin stared over at Minho, concern in their eyes. Minho only flashed them a smile.

“I’m happy for you both. I’m sorry I’ve been a bother.”

Jinki knew he was lying. It was so obvious that he was lying. The forced smile on his face and twinkle in his eyes told Jinki everything he needed to know. Taemin only shrugged and smiled happily.

“Thanks, Hyung!”

The leader only gave the rapper a short curt nod before directing Taemin’s attention back to him. Minho jumped up when he heard knocking on the front door.

“I’ll get it!”

The couples in both rooms paid him no mind as he walked to the door and opened it up wide. A quiet Sulli stood there, her eyes gazing up at the elder.

“You called, Oppa?”

He smirked, “Come in. I just wanted to hang out with you for a bit.”

The girl nodded and grabbed hold of Minho’s hand as he let her walk inside. By this time, both Jonghyun and Kibum had walked into the living room as well and were cuddling on the opposite end of the couch. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow when he saw the girl trailing behind Minho, “Sulli, what a surprise.”

“Hi, Oppas!”

Both Kibum and Jinki peered at each other while Taemin merely waved from his spot in Jinki’s arms. Kibum narrowed his eyes.

 “To what do we owe this visit?”

The image of F(x) shrugged, “Oppa called me wanting to hang out.”

The three eldest of SHINee knew exactly where this was going. There were a few reasons Minho would call Sulli over here. One, to relieve himself of his stress, or two, attempt to make someone jealous. Jinki thought the idea was stupid, but let it continue. If he wanted to make Taemin jealous, he should’ve thought of something different.

What Jinki had learned was that Taemin rarely got jealous. The only times it happened was when Jinki had to leave his side or interact with someone Taemin knew might have an attraction to him. Jinki found it cute though, and it reassured him that despite not fully confessing everything, that Taemin was his.

Minho smiled, “Let’s all watch a movie together.”

Kibum continued to look at Minho through his narrowed eyes as he nodded. Minho quickly put in a movie for the six to watch and settled down on the couch in between the couples. When Minho patted his lap for Sulli to sit on, Jinki rolled his eyes. The girl eagerly took her seat and wrapped her arms around Minho’s neck.

Jinki stared at the screen as the beginning credits played and much to his amusement, found it to be a horror film. He nearly thanked Minho for how tight Taemin was gripping him now. Instead, he pushed Taemin’s head into his chest and whispered into his ear to distract him.

Minho almost gagged at the tiny giggles he heard coming from his left. Even Kibum and Jonghyun weren’t that lovey-dovey anymore. The couple on his right however, were ignoring everyone and full on making out.  Minho’s eyes twitched when he felt Sulli’s hand wandering down his chest and on the button’s of his shirt. His eyes flicked over to Taemin only to find him and Jinki quietly talking, their hands intertwined and their bodies mashed together in the one corner of the couch.

Minho yawned and stretched his arms out to that they rested on the back of the couch. Jinki caught the hand inching towards his boyfriend and narrowed his eyes. He very nearly hissed but jumped instead when Taemin squealed, “SOMETHING’S TOUCHING ME!”

Kibum and Jonghyun broke apart and looked over at Taemin who was now straddling Jinki and whimpering into the leader’s shoulder. Sulli was frowning and trying to catch Taemin’s attention, “Taemin-ah?”

“GET YOUR HAND OFF ME, HYUNG!”

Minho smirked for a moment, believing that Taemin had been talking to Jinki. Reality struck him when Jinki started to glare, “Get your hand off Taemin’s waist!”

Kibum kicked his side from his spot, “You heard him! Off of Tae!”

Sulli grabbed Minho’s hand and encased it in hers.

“Let’s go hang out in your room, Oppa.”

He didn’t object. He let Sulli tug him up and down the hall. He threw one lasting stare to Taemin who was too busy staring at Jinki. The leader was glaring at him as he left, and he was angry now. That didn’t go according to plan. Even as Sulli tried to catch his attention on his bed, he was too off in space thinking about Taemin. He let Sulli tug him down and kiss him, even though his thoughts were on the maknae in the living room.

“Oppa?”

“Neh?”

She looked nervous, “W-we need to talk.”

Out in the living room, Taemin was pouting in Jinki’s lap. The leader was trying to sooth the maknae by rubbing his back, “It’s okay, Minnie.”

The maknae wasn’t so sure. He didn’t get why Minho was acting like this. In his mind after everything that had happened over the past few months, he saw that the rapper was trying to gain the leader’s attention and Taemin wasn’t okay with that. Why else would he bring Sulli over if not to make Jinki jealous? Everyone knew Taemin never got jealous, only when it came to Jinki. Now, Minho was starting to irritate him. There was no way he was getting in the way of his and Jinki’s relationship.

Kibum and Jonghyun stared at each other for a moment before the dorm Umma spoke up, “Why don’t you two go out and get away for a bit?”

Jinki smiled, “I think that’s a wonderful idea. Come on, Tae, I’ll treat you to some ice cream.”

At the sound of food, Taemin jumped up and tugged on Jinki’s wrist. The leader laughed and followed his young boyfriend out the door, holding his hand all the way to the elevator.

“I’m sorry Minho-ah scared you. Just ignore him for now, okay?”

Taemin nodded his head and let Jinki pull him in for a hug and kiss to his forehead before they were out on the street. It was a comfortable silence between them as they entered the small ice cream shop and picked out their flavors before taking a seat at a small table in the corner. Jinki tugged on his hand.

 “You okay, Tae?”

“Neh, Hyung, I’m just wondering why I never told you earlier that I liked you.”

Jinki only smiled, “Does it matter now?”

To Taemin it did. Minho was too close to Jinki for his liking. He wondered if Minho would have backed off if he came clean earlier to the leader. There was no way he was getting involved in a love triangle. He loved Jinki, plain and simple. The maknae snapped out of his thoughts when Jinki chuckled.

 “Don’t think too hard, Minnie.”

Taemin nodded as they ate their ice cream, talking about random subjects and topics, even snickering about how they caught Kibum and Jonghyun nearly going at it in the kitchen this morning.

The maknae whined, “I’ll never get that image out of my head, Hyung! That was just gross!” 

Jinki only agreed as they paid for their treat and retreated back to their dorm.
 

“I’ll take your mind off it. How about we just watch a movie in my room?”

“Can we eat as well? I’m hungry.”

“You just had ice cream!”

“But, Hyung!! I’m hungry! Feed your boyfriend!” Taemin said cutely, tugging on the leader’s hoodie.

Jinki rolled his eyes and nodded his head. When they appeared back in the dorm, they heard yelling.

Kibum sounded livid, “HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPID? FIRST YOU’RE CHASING AFTER TAEMIN AND THEN THIS HAPPENS?”

“Hyung will you SHUT UP! YOU’RE NOT MAKING THIS ANY BETTER!”

The leader frowned and walked into the living room with Taemin on his heels. They saw Minho pale as a sheet on the couch with Jonghyun and Kibum standing over him. Jinki immediately snapped into leader mode.

 “What happened?”

Kibum turned with angry eyes, “Taemin, go to your room.”

“Why? I’m a member, too!”

Jinki squeezed his boyfriend’s hand sensing that the two didn’t want Taemin to know about this.

“Go pick a movie in my room. I’ll bring you food, okay?”

Taemin stared but nodded at his boyfriend and scampered off. Jinki waited until he heard the door shut before scowling.

 “What is going on?”

Jonghyun crossed his arms, “Seems our flaming charisma forgot that using a damn is the best way to go.”

Jinki’s eyes widened at the words. He put two and two together before he snapped towards the rapper.

 “You have the audacity to chase after Taemin while you got Sulli pregnant?”

“It was an accident! It’s not like Taemin would care anyway!” Minho said vehemently.

Sulli had cried when he walked out of that room when she told him, choosing to go to the kitchen and break something. Kibum, being the nosy diva that he was found the girl crying and when he heard what was going on, went over the deep end. How dare Minho try to seduce Taemin when this girl needed him! Did Minho have no shame? Jonghyun had ended up taking Sulli back to her dorm, promising that Jinki would fix everything and come over later.

It was a surprise to Jinki that Kibum hadn’t torn off Minho’s face yet for being so careless. Right now, he was pissed himself.

“What do you plan to do?”

Minho frowned, “I don’t ing know, okay? I don’t—”

Jinki hissed, “You’re not skipping out on your responsibility, Minho! I won’t allow that!”

Minho finally stood, “I’m not in love with her! I want Ta-”

The next thing they knew, Jinki had Minho’s collar in his hands.

Jinki was shaking, “You’re not going to think about Taemin and you in the same sentence. Taemin is happy and you’re going to leave him the hell alone! You owe it to Sulli to be there for her during this because I know she’s going to have this child!”

“You can’t tell me to not want Taemin, that’s just not possible!”

“Damn it, Minho! Are you ing blind?” Jonghyun asked with his eyes narrowed.

Kibum was clutching his arm, probably holding himself back from doing something stupid.

Jinki let go and shoved Minho, “So help me lord, Minho, if I find you chasing after Taemin I’ll make you regret it. If I find you’re not supporting Sulli during this pregnancy, I’ll make sure management finds a way to give you hell for this.” He turned, “Now thanks to you, you’ve made her life that much more complicated. Live up to your ing responsibility.”

He left the room after that, walking down the hall to his room where he heard Taemin laughing. He opened the door and tried to rid his face of the anger. He peeked his head in, “Tae?”

Taemin looked up from his spot on the bed, “Neh, Hyung? Is everything okay?”

“Yes. I have to run over to Victoria’s dorm and make sure Sulli is okay. Seems she and Minho got into an argument.”

Taemin frowned, “B-but you’re coming back, right?”

“Of course. I’ll pick up some food for you, too, okay? Just stay in my room and I’ll be right back.”

He waited until the maknae nodded in agreement before shutting the door once more and walking out to the living room. He ran hand through his hair and glared at Minho who was now getting screamed at by the dorm Umma.

“I’m going to talk to Victoria.”

Jonghyun nodded and watched the leader go. Once the door shut he sighed, “Damn it, Minho…”

The rapper stood. “It’s not my fault.”

“I think it is, actually,” Kibum spat. “And you thought bringing Sulli over here to make Taemin jealous would work. How’d that go?”

Jonghyun grabbed his lover’s arm as the dorm umma continued to spit off insult after insult, “If you so much as to try and break them up I’ll be a lot worse than Jinki! You knew better than this, Minho! Stop acting like a child!”

The rapper left the room after that, stomping down the hallway to Jinki’s room and knocking. He couldn’t help but smile when Taemin opened the door.

“Hyung?”

“We need to talk.”

Taemin shook his head, “Jinki’s coming back soon and I promised to spend time with him.”

Minho shook his head, “Five minutes.”

He grabbed the maknae’s arm after that, pulling him into the hallway. He pinned Taemin against the wall, enjoying the way he looked so startled.

Taemin tried to shove at his hyung, “Let go of me!”

“What the hell did I do to make you hate me so much, Taemin? Why can’t you look at me the way you look at Jinki?”

The maknae’s eyes widened when he saw the rapper leaning towards him. He tried to shove him away and shut his eyes, hoping he could waste time until one his hyung walked in and stopped the rapper from ruining his relationship with Jinki forever.

 

AN: Well then, I dropped a big bomb on you, didn’t I? I hope you enjoyed it! Kekeke ^^