The Battle of Schemes

Tug-O-War

AN: Let’s continue on!

 

Taemin felt Minho’s hand cup his chin and hold him steady. The rapper looked upset and for a moment it tugged at Taemin’s heart. He cared for his hyungs, but not when they were acting so weird.

“Minho-hyung?”

“How can you love him? How, when you haven’t even given someone else a chance?”

Taemin’s eyes widened, “W-what?”

The rapper sighed, “I hate to tell you this, Taemin, but you may find happiness with someone other than Jinki.”

The maknae was confused. What was Minho trying to tell him? Was this his way of telling him that he wanted Jinki for himself? Taemin frowned and shoved Minho away from him.

“Stop! I know exactly what you’re trying to do!”

Minho raised an eyebrow, “What am I trying to do?”

“You want Jinki for yourself!”

The rapper deadpanned at the maknae. He thought he wanted Jinki? How? That…was just gross. Jinki wasn’t his type. Plus he wasn’t exactly on the leader’s good side at the moment and didn’t feel the need to be.

“Taemin…that-

“NO! STOP! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ANY MORE!”

Minho tried to get him to be quiet by putting his hands over the maknae’s mouth. To him, it sounded like he was yelling at him. But to others…it may sound completely differently. Taemin continued to yell over Minho’s loud shushing and was waving his hands everywhere in the air.

That was the scene Kibum and Jonghyun found after hearing Taemin’s rather loud yell. The diva had originally thought that the rapper was trying to force something on the maknae, but this scene was far more hilarious.

“Minho-ah! Let go of him!” Jonghyun yelled.  

The rapper grimaced as he removed his hands and let Taemin fall from his spot against the wall. The tiny maknae lunged over to the diva and hid behind him, pointing at the rapper.

“HE WANTS JINKI! HE WANTS TO TAKE MY JINKI FROM ME!”

Minho face-palmed. He loved the boy to death, but sometimes he wanted to get him to shut up.

“Tae, that’s not-”

“LIES!” Taemin yelled before they all heard the sound of the front door opening and slamming shut.

“MINHO!”

Kibum smirked, “Time for some karma.”

Jinki stomped his way into the hallway where they were all gathered. The leader stared down the rapper, “You made Sulli cry! So help me lord-”

He looked at the scene, and wondered why Taemin was out of his room and cowering behind Kibum. He finally put two and two together before he snapped.

He grabbed Taemin’s hand and quietly snapped to the diva, “Take care of him.”

Taemin squealed when Jinki pushed him in his room and slammed the door shut behind himself. The three were left in the hallway only to hear Taemin squeal and giggle behind the shut door. Minho scowled and moved to pound on the barrier when Jonghyun grabbed his wrist.

“You need to set things straight with Sulli.”

Kibum was pointing at the door as Minho finally took the hint and left the dorm, hopefully to go and fix things with the girl from F(x). As the door shut, Kibum and Jonghyun looked at each other with worried glances. Maybe this was what Minho needed and it would keep Taemin and Jinki together as well.

 

THE NEXT DAY:

It was tense at breakfast the next morning. Taemin refused to acknowledge Minho in any way, shape, or form, and the rapper wouldn’t stop staring at him. Jinki in return was angry that Minho was still trying to get somewhere with his boyfriend and refused to let go of Taemin while they sat at the table. Kibum was still angry that Minho had made the girl who loved him cry and that he had to be the one to go over there to break up a fight later on in the night between the two. And Jonghyun was just pissed that he hadn’t gotten any sleep because of this entire ed up situation.

Taemin poked at his breakfast with his chopsticks, shivering under the intense gaze Minho was giving him. Why wouldn’t Minho stop glaring at him? Jinki finally snapped and glared over at Minho.

 “Stop. It’s rude to stare.”

“I’m trying to get his attention.”

“He obviously doesn’t want to talk to you,” the leader said, pulling his boyfriend closer.  

Minho sneered in return and grabbed hold of Taemin’s wrist.

The maknae glared at him and shoved his chopsticks down, “Don’t you even try, Hyung.”

“You got it all wrong, Tae,” Minho pleaded.

He didn’t care about his hyungs sending him the message to tread lightly. He sighed, trying to figure out a new angle. The maknae’s face softened when Minho sighed and patted his hand.

“I care, I was just trying to protect you.”

“I don’t need your protection, Hyung. I’m capable of making my own decisions.”

Minho nodded, “Then be happy with Jinki.”

The leader didn’t like this in the slightest. He was making himself look like a victim, one who would try to make Jinki look like the villain. But Jinki knew how to play this game. He loosened his grip on Taemin and patted his shoulder.

The maknae immediately smiled at his boyfriend, “We will be!”

The rapper got up from the table after that and looked at his four band members, “I’m going to see if I can fix things with Sulli. I will be back later on today.” He took his leave after that, shutting the door quietly behind him.

Inside, the three eldest members looked at one another, as if questioning the complete ninety-degree turn Minho had just taken.

Taemin bounced up from his seat, “Come on, Hyung! Let’s go continue our marathon from yesterday!”

Jinki let his younger boyfriend pull him from the table and back to the leader’s room. He was paranoid, extra paranoid. What could he be planning? What in the world would Minho do now that would force the leader to want to gouge his eyes out for even dreaming about Taemin?

“Yeah, you look like you’re going to punch someone, Hyung,” Taemin said with amusement.

Jinki scowled at him before his face faded into a smile. “You’re too cute, Tae.”

“I know.” He stuck his tongue out at the leader before Jinki pulled him back into a hug. “So what did Minho mean by he had to fix things with Sulli?”

“Not sure,” Jinki said. For Minho’s sake, he hoped he would figure something out and fast because JInki wasn't allowing the rapper to sneak behind his back and ruin everything he had with Taemin. 

 

WITH MINHO:

“I’ll help, Sulli-ah, I promise. But you have to do this for me in return.”

The girl pouted at him, “Why can’t you just be with me? You’re the reason I’m like this!”

“I just need one night with him and then I’m all yours, but I need your help.” Minho kissed her forehead. “For me?”

Sulli quietly nodded as she cried into Minho’s chest. Minho smirked, with her help, he’d have things his way in no time.

 

AN: It’s been awhile, neh? Sorry it’s short! I still have other updates and oneshots to work through! I hope you enjoyed!