Naming the baby

Baby Brother

There were no emotions and Kris didn’t know how and what to feel. Junmyeon had dragged him to see their little brother at the hospital’s nursery. They could just watched from outside but Jummyeon excitedly showed Yifan one of the baby out of many others who were sleeping soundly in the open cribs. It was their little brother, and yup he was cute. But all human beings are cute at this age, Yifan told himself. He just stared at the little baby, who was supposedly his brother.

“What should we name him?”

“Jun-ah that’s our parents job not ours.”

“Yifan can you for once stop being grumpy this is our brother we’re talking about. There’s no harm in trying to name him. Come on, what’s the best name?”

Junmyeon mentioned all the names that came across his pretty little head and Yifan was not interested, not the littlest bit. Yifan had been at the hospital since early morning and he didn’t get enough sleep taking care of their stepmom who had been an angel always telling them to go home and not to worry about her. Each time she said that he will bow and was about to leave when Junmyeon grabbed his wrist and flashed him the creepy smile and hissed at him, ‘You’re not going anywhere buddy.’

Yifan wondered where did Junmyeon got the energy to be all bubbly when he himself didn’t get that much sleep last night, especially when he was the one who brought their stepmom to the hospital.

“What about Jongdae?”

“That’s gay.”

“What do you mean Jongdae is gay, you..are you saying my bestfriend’s gay?”

“Nope, not at all.”

“Then how’s Heechul?”

“Too sassy.”

“Dammit everything’s not right with you. Then what’s suitable for him?”

“Sehun.”

Yifan didn’t realize he had just suggested a name, but when the silence had stretched too long between him and Junmyeon, he looked over at his twin.

“What?”

“You just said a name.”

“I..I did?”

“I thought you’re not interested. What was it again? Sehun? Wow..you’re not so bad with naming babies. Sehun. Sehun~ ”

Junmyeon waved at the baby while lovingly chanting ‘Sehun’ because apparently the name sounded nice to him and he assured Yifan he was going to let their stepmom know of that name. Yifan just shrugged him off and after flashing their sleeping little brother one final glance, he left the hospital.

Sehun.

Sounds good to him too.