Screwed

Night came on

We were the first. Well, really I was the first. We had been trained since birth, and we were deemed ready and suitable for our transition on our 15th birthdays. My birthday was about a month before hers, I was the first. Our world had become overrun by demons, and while we had trained warriors for years, they just weren’t enough. There had to be more done. The elders decided that through our advanced magic and science that the world would receive its first hybrid warriors. We were trained, conditioned and infused with magical resistance medicines for years before they decided we were ready. The day that I went in for my transformation, I was nervous, but proud, I would finally be able to realize my destiny and save humanity. Or so I thought.

The demon Xialeth was used. Xialeth is a powerful winged demon, with abilities of telepathy, super human strength, teleportation and power absorption. When the magical transfusion began, it was excruciating, it felt as if the very blood inside of me was trying to rip through my skin. I tried to concentrate, to use all that I had been taught to focus the energy correctly, I failed. I don’t remember much after that, except the flash of the demon’s grin as I passed out.

The Xialeth demon was too powerful I nearly died during the transfusion process and it had to be stopped midway. When I finally came around I had no recollection of anything, and I had succumb to the demon’s evil tendencies and lunacy. The only one who had the power to calm me, was her. I remember nothing of that year save for flashes that sometimes come to me in dreams. How I came to be of right mind again is unclear to me, no one speaks of that time to me. Hell, no one really speaks to me at all, I’ve become a loner.

I understand my fate, in the small flashes that I receive of that time in dreams, I see things that I wish were not real. People are scared of me, scared that I’ll change back to what I was. Scared that I never stopped being evil, that I’m just biding my time until I can destroy them all. No one trusts me anymore, and all I can do is continue to fight the good fight until I can gain their trust back again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Part I

“I now walk into the wild.”
Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild

 

 

 

 

“!” I gritted my teeth against the pain, looking down at the gash on my stomach as I poured some more cheap whiskey on it. Alcohol disinfects right? I took a chug and leaned back against the wall of my bathroom. It shouldn’t be taking this long to heal. What the hell is wrong with me? Hybrids are supposed to heal super quick so what the hell gives? It was only a small scratch, and now, now this thing seems bigger. Is that even possible? What does Taeyeon have in her little wolf claws anyway?? I looked down at the cut again and gingerly ran a finger over the angry red edges. I hissed at the contact and threw back another shot of whiskey. Well if it’s not gonna disinfect the damn thing at least it’ll get me messed up. I just hope no one decides to come around while I’m hammered… not likely. I felt a tingling warmth spread over my skin and I knew that it was more than the whiskey having that effect on me. What was this cut doing to me?

I heard the phone ring from the other room and the sound shook me out of my thoughts. I grunted annoyed at the sound, I knew who it was. I was surprised they were calling this soon. I hadn’t been by the headquarters for three days. I thought I would’ve healed by the time they decided to call me. Usually it takes the squints down in headquarters about a week or two to realize I’m not reporting. Of course usually it takes about a day for me to heal, things were different this time. I guessed that there was probably a new infestation they needed help with, that’s usually why I got a call. That or Krys needed me to pick up a patrol for her cause she was too busy messing with whatever boy toy she liked that week.

 I debated over whether I should answer it or not, I really didn’t want to have to explain the situation to them. I mean come on, a Hybrid, scratch that, a rogue hybrid infected by a werewolf? That’s some messed up . Am I infected? God, I don’t know, I didn’t even think about it until the wound started getting worse. But now I can’t help but think that’s the only reason this damn cut hasn’t healed yet. The phone continued to ring insistently, damn it, they don’t give up do they? I crossed the room and ripped the phone off the receiver. “What?!” I barked into the phone.

“…Um… it’s nice to hear from you too Amber.”

“Sorry I…” I hissed in pain as I eased myself down to sit on the bed, seriously what’s wrong with me? “I’m a little busy.”

“Oh… I’m sorry...um… are you ok? Are you hurt? Have you been patrolling without me, Amber that’s so ire-” I groaned a little as I leaned against the headboard, the sound cutting her off short. “Amber?”

“mmm… I’m… busy, Krys what’s up?” I said it in a huff trying to conceal the pain in my voice but instead I only succeeded in making my voice sound huskier than normal.

“Oh… OH! Oh my god Amber! What are you doing?!?! WAIT- Don’t answer that!” I furrowed my brows in confusion until I realized just what it is that Krys thought was going on. A deep laugh rumbled up from my chest and I was laughing uncontrollably before the pain of it registered and I hissed again. Silence.

“…Amber? … Are you…”

“Krys. I’m here, relax, it’s not what you think. Phone is not my stich. Though, points for the y thoughts princess, didn’t know you had it in you. Maybe we can try it out ano-“

“Amber!!” I chuckled again, God I love messing with her.

“Screaming my name already Krys? I haven’t even put on my y voice yet.” Silence. I raised an eyebrow, I think I broke her. “Krystal?”

“Yeah?” She answered as if she had forgotten that she was on the phone with me. I chuckled again, it was almost too easy get under her skin.

“Um… you called because?”  As if I don’t know, “Kai ask you on a date? Need me to cover your patrol so you can Ugh.” I grunted into the phone ignoring the spike of pain as she sputtered a response on the other side.

“No! I- ew Amber! I am not going to… with him, I … anyway…we haven’t seen you in a while. I was just hoping, I mean I thought that maybe if you wanted we could train soon?” I shifted uncomfortably, looking down at my stomach. Train? That sounded like a really bad idea. I ran my hand over my cut and hissed again, I heard her breath hitch on the other side of the phone and my eyebrows shot up.

“Um… Yeah, sure. When did you have in mind?” This is a bad idea, but I couldn’t resist an opportunity to up close and personal.

“Maybe Thursday? Tomorrow I’m totally swamped, but Thursday I have double study hall, I can totally ditch. We can meet in the library at noon?”

“Yeah sure see you then.” I hung up the phone before she could respond. Thursday? That was two days from now, I should be fine by then right? I jumped off the bed and growled at the pain that rolled down my side. Growl? Since when do I ing growl?! I’m so screwed.

 

------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, here is the first chapter of this fic. Short little taste of what's to come. Someone commented on the previous chapter about the differences between the good demons and the bad demons. Let me clarify, the type of demon doesn't determine whether it is good or bad, that's a personal choice on the part of each demon. The only reason I highlighted those two particular demons is because they are the ones used to make hybrids, other than that they don't have any special significance. Please let me know what you think so far, as always your comments, subscribes and votes are fully appreciated. (Three votes so far, thanks guys!!) Also, I guess to clarify more, both Amber and Krystal are the same age in this fic, only a month difference in age and they are both in Highschool, please let me know if you have more questions.