Homemade Horror Stories of the Cho Residence

You were my escape

Donghae had to return to work after he and Kyuhyun exchanged numbers, which left the younger man with all day to stress and fret over his date. However Heechul wouldn’t let that happen.

“Come to my place, I’ll get you ready.” Kyuhyun balked, knowing the area Heechul lived in wasn’t the friendliest. “Oh you big baby. I have my car.” When Kyuhyun still didn’t rush out the door, Heechul turned to bribery. “Hangeng’s home today.”  

That convinced Kyuhyun. If Heechul was loud and slightly obnoxious, his foreign boyfriend was completely the opposite. He was the one who had taught Kyuhyun Chinese and had cared for him like a younger brother over the years. He liked spending time with Hangeng. Hence why Kyuhyun spent all day being scrubbed and decorated like he was a doll. If it wasn’t for Siwon’s appearance with some clothes he quite possibly would have ended up in Heechul’s idea of clothes. Which actually consisted of pants that looked like they’d been spray painted on. Once again he was eternally thankful to his religious friend.

By some freaky ironic twist, Kyuhyun was now sitting in the back of the bar that he and Heechul were in earlier, waiting for Donghae and fidgeting with his jacket. He’d gotten a text 10 minutes earlier from said date saying he would be a bit late. Which was ok, but it left Kyuhyun with an extra 10 minutes trying to convince himself not to run out the door and into the safety of the oncoming traffic. However his brash avoidance would have to wait until another time because right at that moment Donghae walked in, catching Kyuhyuns breath. He had obviously come straight from work because he was still in his suit and tie.

“Sorry I’m late. Work was insane.” He apologized as he slid into the seat across from Kyuhyun, motioning for the younger to sit when he began to bow. “I hope you weren’t waiting long?”

“No not at all,” Donghae’s smile weakened Kyuhyuns knees, forcing him to sink into the booth’s leather upholstery.  He suddenly became very self-conscious about his hair, his skin, even his scars that weren’t visible.

Donghae managed to break the almost awkward silence between them by ordering a bottle of wine, which now sat empty on the table between the two men, another one half empty by its side.

“So how long have you worked at the café?” Donghae asked, continuing his constant barrage of questions, saying he was determined to get to know Kyuhyun. Thankfully Kyuhyun hadn’t had to answer anything about his parents yet. Donghae had yet to reach that stage, although the younger man was sure it was coming.

“Six years. It was originally just a summer job, but it stuck I guess.” Kyuhyun shrugged and took another sip of wine, starting to feel the alcohol take effect. Donghae, however, didn’t seem effected at all.

“Wow. That’s dedication. You never wanted to go to college?” Kyuhyun could sense that personal questions were slowly getting closer, but with the amount of wine he’d drunk (almost an entire bottle and no food) he couldn’t force himself to care.

“I kind of did, but after my dad left I really wanted to take care of my mum, so I dropped out of school and started working full time.” A dissatisfied look came from Donghae, making Kyuhyun stumble over his words to avoid a Heechul-like lecture. “It’s ok though I like it there, we’re a little family. I really don’t think I know what I would’ve done anyway. I have no idea what I want to do.”

Kyuhyun ignored the sympathetic look he got from Donghae. He didn’t want his pity. He didn’t want anyone’s pity. Lucky for him, Donghae seemed to catch his glare and dropped his soft gaze to the table top.

“If you ask me, I think singing is pretty obvious.” Donghae smiled, seeing he’d drawn a laugh from Kyuhyun, although the latter was boarding on being drunk, it still made Donghae’s heart skip a beat. Kyuhyun had an astonishing smile.

“I don’t know. I get seriously nervous singing in front of anyone but my friends.” Kyuhyun defended, feeling his face heat up as it did at the slightest mention of a compliment.

“Are you kidding me? You were amazing last night!” Kyuhyun laughed at Donghae’s enthusiasm, and also at the irony that the man sitting in front of him was the reason he sang so well.

“Yeah funnily enough Heechul’s advice actually worked.” Donghae’s head cocked to the side, silently questioning why a friend helping him would amuse Kyuhyun so much. “My bodyguard today.”

“Oh right. Why did you have a bodyguard by the way?” Kyuhyun panicked, not wanting to reveal his past to Donghae. He had only just managed to find a sweet guy he wasn’t about to ruin it and scare him away with homemade horror stories of the Cho residence.

“Heechul-hyung is a little protective of us all. He treats us like his kid’s.” Kyuhyun rushed, although Donghae seemed to believe it. Kyuhyun got off the subject as soon as he could. “Anyway…he told me to find a spot on the back wall and stare at it and forget that everyone was in the room…..Except well, when I looked at the back wall I saw you.” Kyuhyun cursed himself and his drunken mouth.

Now it was Donghae’s turn to blush. His cheeks flooded crimson and a nervous laugh escaped his lips. Kyuhyun could barely contain himself at the gorgeous sounding laugh, it was mesmerizing.

“Well I’m glad I could be of assistance.” Both men laughed and the conversation returned to the normal chit chat that was normal for a first date, if that’s what this was.

When the evening ended neither man was thrilled to leave, but both had to work in the morning. This would be an interesting feat considering both were fairly intoxicated by the time they left the bar.

“Are you sure you don’t want a ride home? I’m happy to take you.” Donghae insisted, both of them forgetting they were both way too drunk to drive anywhere legally. But no matter how much of a drunken state Kyuhyun was in he wouldn’t let Donghae see his complete obliteration of a happy home life.

“No it’s ok my friend lives close.” It wasn’t a complete lie. Henry did live around the corner from this bar, but Kyuhyun wasn’t going there.

“I can walk you?”

“Donghae-ah its ok I’ll be fine.” Kyuhyun wasn’t sure at what point in the evening they had progressed to informalities, but the older man didn’t seem bothered by it.

Donghae didn’t seem happy about leaving Kyuhyun on the street but he realised he needed to get home before he passed out.

“Goodnight Kyuhyun-ah.” Donghae leant in for a hug, an uncoordinated one at best considering the amount of alcohol they’d consumed. One which Kyuhyun returned, when Donghae’s head suddenly shifted and his lips were aimed right at Kyuhyun mouth. Jerking himself backwards and holding his breath, Kyuhyun waited for Donghae to either get mad, or leave, or both. That was all he was used to.

But he didn’t. The older man just smiled and patted Kyuhyuns arm in a friendly gesture.

“I’ll see you soon ok?” Kyuhyun nodded and watched the man get into his car and drive away. Kyuhyun had a feeling he might be seeing Donghae in the café a little more often.

 

“YOU WHAT?” Sungmin screamed at Kyuhyun when he arrived at his friend’s apartment half an hour later. “He tried to kiss you and you backed away? Why Kyuhyun? Why? Why? Why?”

Kyuhyun couldn’t help but laugh at Sungmins cuteness. He’d certainly been watching too many dramas.

“Because Min, if I let him get too close then he’ll end up finding out about my life and I can’t let that happen! If he finds out what baggage I have he’ll leave and I can’t handle that again.”

“So you’re going to lie to him instead? Come on Kyu that’ll never work. Besides if this guy is as good as he sounds then he won’t care what your mother is like or what your father did.” Never once had Sungmin referred to Kyuhyun’s parents as his mum or dad. Coming from a tight knit family he didn’t believe they deserved the title. “You have to open up eventually Kyuhyun. Either that or you walk away from the life that you’re ashamed of.”

“I told you to stop telling me to do that.” Kyuhyun mumbled at his friend. He hated being told he should leave his mother alone and move on. He didn’t think it was fair. It was his fault that she was life this therefore it was his responsibility.

“I know you did. But I’m your friend and I want what’s best for you. Which is to walk away you’re clearly not happy!” Kyuhyun frowned at Sungmin. He’d avoided going home because he didn’t want to dampen the evening he’d just had, but it would seem that was going to happen here anyway.

“I can’t just walk out Sungmin she has nowhere to go.”

“That’s not your responsibility.”

“Then do you expect me to leave my mother out on the street!” Kyuhyun exploded at his friend. He knew he would regret saying it but if he didn’t say it now he never would. “After all the times I’ve been abandoned you want me to turn around and do it to the only family I have left?”

Tears sprung to Kyuhyun’s eyes but he ignored them and stared at the pained and hurt look on Sungmins face. He regretted saying anything, like he knew he would. It wasn’t a good idea to discuss these things when he was drunk. But Sungmin had pushed him and for the first time he’d pushed back. Strangely it felt good.  He hated that it was Sungmin he’d done it to but at least he knew that his friend wouldn’t hold it against him. Sungmin stepped towards Kyuhyun, his arm reaching for the younger man’s wrist but he jumped back.

“No Min! I won’t do it! I can’t.” Kyuhyun started to dissolve into hysterics right on Sungmins lounge room floor. His friend scooped him up and drew him into a warm embrace, whispering comforts in his ear.

“I know I’m sorry….Shh it’s ok. Calm down. I’m sorry.” Sungmin pressed his lips to Kyuhyun’s forehead, constantly reminding the sobbing young man he was still there.

Kyuhyun realised it was this sort of human contact he had been craving for a long time. It had been months, maybe even years since he’d felt so comforted and loved.

“I’m scared Min.” Kyuhyun whispered, his voice hoarse from crying onto Sungmin grey shirt, soaking it with tears. Sungmin just continued his comforting, rubbing light circles on Kyuhyun’s back.

“I know. But it’s ok, we’re here. We’re all here you’re not alone. Okay? Whatever you do you’re not alone.” Sungmin was on the verge of tears himself watching his best friend in so much pain made his stomach churn. It was so hard for him to stand by and watch Kyuhyun get hurt by someone he gives everything to.

They spent the rest of the night curled on the couch underneath a blanket, Sungmin wiping Kyuhyun’s tears as he shed everything about what he felt. And every word tore at Sungmins heart a little more.

 

The next morning Kyuhyun headed home. He didn’t start until later and he wanted to have a shower and make sure everything was ok before going back to work. Sungmin was nervous about Kyuhyun going back but after last night he didn’t want to push Kyuhyun about his mother. He’d figure it out eventually. When Sungmin got to the shop that morning Heechul was demanding to know everything that happened on Kyuhyun’s date.

“What makes you think I know?” Sungmin dodged the question, not wanting to reveal what Kyuhyun had actually said to him. Even if they were like family there were some things that were to be kept between friends.

“Because you always know?” Heechul followed Sungmin as he left to locker room to his prep his station.

“I’ll take that as a compliment. But it doesn’t mean I’m telling you.” Heechul whined like a child, lowering himself even to being cute and begging for details from the bunny. “Hyung your aegyo that’s not going to work.”

“Why not?” Heechul demanded, not liking not knowing what was happening. “Did he get some?”

“Hyung!” Ryeowook emerged from the kitchen, a shocked look on his feminine face. “Kyuhyun-ah wouldn’t do that on the first date!”

“Well then why is Sungmin being so secretive?”

“I don’t know either really.” All the heads turned to the new voice. Even Yesung emerged from the office, although he wasn’t listening, he was just hanging posters on the door.

“Donghae-ssi, good morning.” Sungmin was the first to speak, while the others remained motionless.

“Good morning. I’m sorry to intrude, but I overheard your conversation. Nothing happened between me and Kyuhyun last night, we were just talking.”

“Would you like a coffee? Kyuhyun got to my place fairly drunk last night. I can’t imagine you were much better?” Donghae shook his head in embarrassment.

“I’m lucky I made it home. But thank you, a coffee would be amazing.”

“Ha! So Kyuhyun did go to your apartment last night!” Heechul accused, finding his voice again and starting up again on the barista.

“I never said he didn’t” Sungmin stated, turning away from his workmate and making Donghae’s coffee. “I just said I wouldn’t tell you what happened.” Sungmin and Donghae shared a knowing smile, making Heechul groan.

“I’m guessing by the fact that you were talking about him that Kyuhyun isn’t in?” Donghae asked the now mobile group of men.

“No. He doesn’t start until later. His break is at one though, if you wanted to see him then?”

“Sure that sounds great.” Donghae took a seat and grabbed one of the magazines Yesung had laid out.

The ring of the doorbell caught Sungmins attention, but what walked through the door surprised him further. Kyuhyun shuffled through the open door, his hands wiping his eyes, as if he was tired. Sungmin almost called out to the man, but a sparkle on Kyuhyun’s cheek stopped him.

“Heechul-hyung.” He called to the other man, who turned his head towards Sungmin, but caught sight of a crying Kyuhyun in the doorway.

He rushed to Kyuhyun’s side, pulling him into his arms and his hair gently.

“What happened Kyu-baby?” Heechul whispered, the younger man collapsing into sobs in his arms.

Sungmin handed Donghae his coffee and rushed to meet Kyuhyun, as did every other staff member who heard the commotion.

“Kyu-ah what’s wrong?” “Are you ok hyung?” “Kyuhyun what happened?” Questions were fired left right and center at the poor confused man.

“Mum left. She hasn’t paid the rent in months. The landlord kicked me out this morning. I have until tomorrow to move out…That won’t be hard though her and Sam took almost everything.” Kyuhyun’s voice failed on him and his knees buckled form under him and Heechul barely caught him before he hit the floor. It didn't take long for anyone to figure out who 'Sam' was.

Saying his name only made Kyuhyun cry more. He hated himself for it. He wasn’t one to let his guard down often, especially in front of so many people. But the people he was with were his friends, his family. And they weren’t about to let him go to pieces. Yesung walked forward again and closed the door, flipping the sign on the door to ‘Closed’.

“Hyung are you sure?” Ryeowook questioned. He was closest to Yesung and knew it wasn’t like the owner to close the shop without good reason.

“Of course. Kyuhyun needs family right now. It’s been quiet lately and you guys deserve a break. You’ve all been working hard.” Ryeowook still looked nervously at his hyung. “It’s alright Wookie. I’ll take care of the business, you just worry about Kyuhyun.”

“That I can certainly do.” Ryeowook whispered dejectedly. Yesung smiled sadly at the younger man who was now seated on a couch, curled up against Heechul with Sungmin on his other side.

“I’m sure we all can. I’ll call Siwon and Hankyung-hyung.”

“That’s a good idea. Hankyung-hyung always manages to calm Kyuhyun down.”

“Never mind Kyuhyun I’ll need someone to calm Heechul down.” Just as Yesung left said man stormed up to Ryeowook, leaving Kyuhyun in the arms of Sungmin.

“I could kill that woman. She has no right to do that to him. He’s only a kid for god’s sake.”

“I know hyung, but honestly we expected it. This was always going to happen sooner or later. We just need to be there for him.”

“I know Wookie. It just makes me so angry.” Heechul sighed deeply and ran his thin hands through his glossy red hair. “I need to call Hangeng.”

“Yesung hyung is doing that right now.” Heechul smiled in the direction of the office. Their boss may not be very animated most of the time, but he did think of them all.

“Heechul-ssi?” Donghae appeared behind Heechul, nervously glancing at Kyuhyun. “I have to go to work, but do you think it would be ok if I dropped by at lunch to see how he is?” Heechul smiled at the younger man. He may have only just met Donghae, but Heechul could tell he cared for Kyuhyun.

He may be just what Kyuhyun needed.

“Of course Donghae-ssi. I think he’d like that.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!! So yeah this was almost a cute chapter. But haha no this is me and there must be angst in every chapter or I feel empty inside.

Also I'M SORRY FOR MAKING EVERYONE HATE KYUHYUN'S MUM SHE IS ACTUALLY THE MOST PRECIOUS THING EVER AND I LOVE HER!! I mean look at her! She is adorable!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBEVF29abg0 (Seriously though why do I fangirl more over the parents than the idols) But no seriously (HaHA Ariel!) So a few different scenes in this but I just didn't think it was long enough with only 1 or 2 considering how long I take to update between chapters (Mianhae!!) But the story is really starting to form in my head so hopefully *fingers crossed* it won't take so long now.

P/N: (Personal note. This is me raving about my boring life so feel free to skip it if you don't give a about me ((I wouldn't either don't feel bad))  I have made it through 2 days of the ghastly thing I have to do called Work Experience! But it's not too bad my boss doesn't care about the rules so I'm only doing shorter days not 7 hour ones like I would normally have to :D I only did 3 hours today! HA! Yay!!
I also have most of my formal outfit ready! (What's that you say? The formal is 8 months away? And I have exams before that? LA LA LA NOT LISTENING!! *Sticks fingers in ears and dances around like an uncoordinated giraffe*)  I only need shoes (MUST. FIND. HIGH. HEELS) and a date (Most minor detail) I was planning on taking Anata_no_aiELF BUT she is going with someone else *Ship-ing-ship* SO I need someone else (But I have no friends) :(

LAST ONE! I am currently writing another story with Kyuhyun and Hangeng as the main pair (Kyuhyun again? That little makes it into all of my stories. Seriously of the 5 I have he's the main in 3! You would think he's my bias or something. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/668528/welcome-to-hell-kyuhyun-superjunior-supernatural-hangeng-hankyu So yeah have a look if you like? And subscribe and comment and stuffs :3 pwease <3 <3