Disaster in the Making

Halcyon Days

It was a peaceful, windy afternoon. I was two weeks into my sophomore year and we were expected to go to our respective after-school clubs. In a school of mutants and extraordinary beings, after-school clubs were pretty dull compared to what we do during our actual classes. However, joining an after-school club is a requirement we cannot escape no matter how strong our mind control powers or how good our invisibility hid us. I joined the theatre club, hoping to blend in the background by doing props and playing background music, but fate had other plans, I figured as I was lifted into the air by my waist.

“Chanyeol, put me down.”

“Noona! I’ve missed you!” he said, stars practically dancing in his eyes.

“Chanyeol, we walked together to school this morning. Now, put me down.”

Chanyeol set me back down onto the floor albeit reluctantly, and put his hands behind him.

“Noona, I was actually here because I wanted to ask you of a favor…”

I narrowed my eyes at him before asking, “What is it?”

Chanyeol looked around before looking back to me with a determined stare.

“Be our club manager.”

“…What? Why?” I asked, baffled by his sudden request. Usually, seniors were the ones who managed clubs, not sophomores.

“It’s a long story. Just please be our manager! My hyungs will kill me if you say no! Or worse, kick me out of the club! Please, noona! Please, please, please!”

I stood there for a minute, knowing I couldn’t deny my cousin when he could be killed, or worse, taken off the club. I sighed defeatedly and the spark of victory lit up in Chanyeol’s eyes. “Fine,” I said and it took him everything to keep from jumping into the air and doing a somersault.

And that is the story of how I started managing this stupid club of idiots who call themselves “EXO”. I don’t even know what EXO means, to be honest, but whatever floats their boat. I don’t even understand what kind of club it is. It’s not purely a dance club or a singing club or an entertainer’s club. It’s kind of like a host club, but with dancing and singing. I don’t know what’s gotten into their small little brains but what I do know is that I’m stuck with this bunch for the rest of my high school life and I still don’t know what to make of it.