001

Made out of mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ONE

 

I see the gentle clouds moving, the blue sky ahead of me, bringing in calmness to my body.

And then I see unicorns-

BAM

“Han Eunae”

“What?”

“Don’t what me”

“Fine” I yawned, stretching my limbs as I leaned back on my chair “May I assist you, Park Haein?”

She glared at me before passing me the file that she just slammed on my desk. The black file seemed so intimidating, but in the same time, I don’t feel like accepting it yet.

I shifted my gaze to Haein, hoping she’d get my message.

“Nope, the upper level sent you this” she crossed her arms, matching her gaze to mine “And nope, I don’t have the will to reject this and so do you”

“Therefore, you should just it up” said the lady who just came in with another bunch of files.

“Greeting, Kim Aeyeon” I glared at her as she put those mini soul-eater stuffs on my desk. Yes I call them cases or missions or files or documents or whatever; as soul-eater. They’re very sneaky. Small, yet printed with a large number of informations. They let you read them, they let you consume the informations, stressing your mind bit by bit then crawling to your skin as they reached your soul and-

“Han Eunae, whatever you have in that little mind of yours, stop it” Aeyeon glared at me “Now”

“Whaaaaat?”

“No matter how long you stare at them, they’re not going to be gone” Haein said as she stole a sip from the cup of coffee that was sitting on my desk; my coffee.

“Hey, these files are from last week! Goodness!” Aeyeon shrieked while flipping the dusted documents that I left on my ‘other’ desk, untouched. “What the hell were you doing before?”

“Sleeping”

“I don’t need you to answer that for me” I huffed as I snatched the half empty cup of my coffee from Haein and drank the rest of it.

“Hey, what happened to your hand?” Haein took a hold of my bandaged left wrist, examining it and soon the other latter joined.

“I sprained it, from last night’s mission” I shrugged.

“Careless” Aeyeon muttered.

“And Clumsy” Haein added.

“Overall, stupid” they said in unison.

I made a face at them “I’m still your leader!”

“Pardon me for interrupting”

The three of us turned to look at the man standing at the door step, didn’t realize the door was open. Oh sheesh, it’s only the staff.

“A meeting will be hold in less than 10 minutes, you are required to attend the meeting, Leader Han” he informed, standing like a statue with both of his hands glued to his side and a little bow to show the respective manner. Such courtesy taught here. “And of course, Lieutenant Park and Kim”

“And just who direct this meeting?” asked Aeyeon, the one who always speak my thoughts out. We rarely had meetings this lately, just the same old, annual meeting.

“Commander Yoon”

The sudden mention of name shocked me, ‘Him’? Out of all?

“We’ll be there, you’re dismissed”

“Eun, does this mean-“ Haein looked at me.

“Expect something big to happen, girls” I sighed in defeat, making my way out to the direction of the Conference room. Soon after, I heard their footsteps by my side.

 

 

“Han Eunae, at your service, sir” I bowed to the person who sat at the very end of the table, in the middle, the center of attention in the eyes of each of the person in the room. My eyes unconsciously glanced to the other members sitting at the table, in which, what I saw made me want to run out of this room as soon as possible.

2 words to describe what I saw: Dead Serious.

“Do take your place, Leader Han” Commander’s gruff voice made me slumped down my seat. Right behind me, Haein and Aeyeon was seated, along with the other Lieutenants.

The meeting was held shortly, concerning about the rising in number of gangs in Seoul, though they’re all almost small groups they could still do harm to the citizens. Also, the current status for the illegal incoming shipments and the percentage of the misuse of drugs compared to the others, growing concern in the room.

Though that was all I could understand before snoozing off because that was the main points of today’s meeting, or so I thought. Because just before I started to doze off, my name suddenly got called.

“… And therefore, I assigned Leader Han to take care of this case”

I was pretty sure my eyeballs almost popped out of their sockets and I was very thankful that they didn’t. Oh and of course, I was fully awake too. Nope, not even a single bit of feeling sleepy.

Like I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter