Chapter 8

Let's play a love game

“Meet me at the bench under the tree”, a post-it stuck on your locker reads.

“What is he up to? You didn’t even say hi to me in the morning, treated like I was invisible and now you wanna meet me?” you cursed in your head as you pack your things.

You reached the meeting place but Kris was nowhere in sight. “Right. Where is he? Why did I come in the first place?” you muttered under your breathe as you sat down on the bench.

Kris appeared from behind the tree and sat beside you, “I guess you should consider fortune telling and predictions as a career option in the future.”

“Pardon?”

“You might not believe me and you might hate me even more after this. But you’re right when you said I’ll lose.”

“What?” you asked with a puzzled look on your face.

“I’ve lost. I’ve fallen in love with you, ________. I love you.” Kris said while looking at you with eyes filled with sincerity and seriousness, which you’ve never seen, coming from him before.

“I.. I.. Are you telling the truth?”

“I knew you won’t trust me.” Kris smirked slightly as he looked down.

You gave Kris a hug which startled him. “I’ve lost too. I fell in love with you too, Kris. I love you too.”

“You do?” Kris asked as his eyes widen.

You nodded and Kris gave you a really tight hug. “Promise me you’ll love me forever and never play with my heart.” You said as you returned his hug.

“I promise.” Kris said and kissed your forehead.