Devicing a Plan

Unexpected Plan

Joon’s POV

 

I sighed as I looked at my watch. It’s been a while since Seungho-hyung went to the bathroom. I’m getting worried that he suddenly went somewhere else without telling me again. I’m sure he’s not going to stand me up again…

 

As I defended him, I felt my phone vibrate. I immediately fished it out of my pocket and saw a message from Seungho-hyung.

 

Without reading it, another sigh escaped my lips and I hid my phone back in my pocket.

 

I guess he’s gone to his best friend again.

 

I continued watching the movie for some time but later left without even watching the ending. What’s the sense of watching the end when I don’t even have the man I love with me?

 

I started walking out of the cinema with my head hung low, pain started filling me again.

 

Seungho-hyung and I have been in a relationship for a year and a half now. But it seems that his best friend matters more than me. Whenever that best friend of his texts him, he would immediately go to his side. Disregarding me and everyone else around him.

 

I’m starting to lose my patience but whenever he says he’s sorry I always eat my pride and forgive him. Is this really how it feels when you love someone? You tend to become stupid? I don’t want to be stupid anymore.

 

But I just can’t stop loving him.

 

I’ve always felt jealousy over his best friend but… the problem is his best friend is also in a relationship and I can’t seem to doubt Seungho-hyung.

 

I sighed for the nth time now.

 

I guess I should just head home. Maybe he’ll just text me when he needs me.

 

But as I walked, someone suddenly bumped into me. I unconsciously fell on the ground since I was really feeling down.

 

“I’m sorry! Are you alright?” I heard a familiar voice call out. I immediately darted my eyes to the owner of the voice, only to be surprised.

 

“G-GO-hyung… what are you doing here?” I asked in surprise. He held my arm and helped me up. “Mir and I fought so I was just taking in some air to breathe.” He answered shortly.

 

“I knew it…” I unconsciously said out loud.

 

“What? How did you know? Come to think of it… Where’s Seungho?” he suddenly asked me. I looked at him and I looked away.

 

“With his best friend.” I answered, a bit down.

 

He huffed and I saw him biting his lower lip, probably in annoyance…irritation…anger?

 

“Where are you headed right now?” he asked. “I… I was on my way home.” I answered and he suddenly pulled my arm. “No! Let’s go drinking instead!” he declared. “Eh??”

 

So instead of going home, I ended up with GO-hyung in this drinking place.

 

“Ahjumma! One more Soju please! And bring some more of this!” GO-hyung called out and the ahjumma just nodded her head.

 

I sighed.

 

“So why did you fight this time?” I asked, curiosity filled me.

 

He sighed before answering me. “I was trying to call him the whole day but he never answered me. All that time it went to voicemail. Just when I thought he answered, it was Seungho’s voice that I heard. I know it’s stupid of me to think that Mir slept over last night but why would he have Mir’s cellphone right?” GO-hyung explained.

 

“I didn’t notice another phone in our house. I was just there with him the whole morning.” I said, starting to feel jealousy taking over me.

 

“Well I was sure it was Seungho who answered. He said Mir left his phone in his pocket when they met last night. I asked him why they met and he said that Mir’s sister called him to their house. Did you know about that?” He asked me.

 

I felt my chest tighten. And I couldn’t help but make a fist under the table.

 

“I… I knew.” I lied. I gave him a smile to convince him and he seemed to have believed me.

 

“I know Seungho’s a really nice guy… But sometimes he’s getting on my nerves already.” GO-hyung said as he drank a shot.

 

I looked away, thinking about what GO-hyung said.

 

He’s right.

 

Seungho-hyung is a nice guy… but when it comes to Mir he changes.

 

“We can’t really change the fact that they’re already used to each other. We’re more of the third party you know.” I bitterly chuckled.

 

“No we’re not.” GO said and I looked at him.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

 

“We’re their boyfriends. If anything, Seungho is the third party in our relationship and Mir is the third party in your relationship. We’re not in a relationship just to get ignored when the third party needs our boyfriend.” He said and I looked at my drink.

 

I took it in and I didn’t bother answering GO.

 

“I’m getting sick of this . They need to know their priorities.” Seungho said.

 

“And what are you planning to do about it?” I asked.

 

“Simple, just make both of them jealous.” I heard another voice say.

 

GO and I darted our eyes to the owner of the voice and my eyes widened with who I saw.

 

“C-Cheondung-ah…” I said, totally flustered.

 

Cheondung stood there with his arms crossed right in front of his chest. He clicked his tongue as he shook his head.

 

“Joonie-hyung, since when did you end up being a drunkard because of a problem?” Cheondung asked as he glared at me.

 

“Y-y-yah! I’m not a drunkard and I-I just drank today. It’s because of GO-hyung!” I reasoned. If anything, this guy right here is my brother’s lover and he keeps an eye on me just because he really cares. But sometimes it goes over the top.

 

“GO-hyung? Who’s that? And where’s Seungho-hyung?” he asked.

 

“This is GO-hyung… Mir’s boyfriend.” I said as I introduced both of them to each other.

 

“Oh… Hi! I’m Cheondung. I’m Joon’s brother’s boyfriend.” He said and he pulled a chair to sit with us.

 

“W-wait a minute… if you’re here then…” I stuttered. Not wanting my brother to see me in a drinking place, especially with another guy other than Seungho. He’s too overprotective and he doesn’t really trust Seungho. He doesn’t like the guy. But what can I do? I love Seungho and I love my brother but I just can’t let Seungho go.

 

“Don’t worry… I’m with my workmates right now. I just went with them because they said they’d treat me some meat. You know I don’t drink.” Cheondung said.

 

I nodded.

 

“Uhm… well…” GO-hyung trailed off.

 

Awkward.

 

“Anyway… like I was saying… why not make your lovers jealous?” Cheondung said.

 

“D-Doongie-yah…” I said.

 

“Don’t worry. I won’t tell this to your brother. I know how much he despises Seungho.” Cheondung shrugged his shoulder.

 

I sighed. “Thanks…” “So he’s back to his best friend which is your lover right?” Cheondung said and GO just nodded.

 

“That’s tough.” Cheondung said.

 

“So what do you mean by making them jealous?” GO asked.

 

 “Simple. If your boyfriends really love you, they would definitely do something to get you back.” Cheondung said.

 

“Get us back? But we didn’t break up.” GO said. “Well… not yet.” Cheondung said.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

 

“Well, I think you should be really sweet and caring for at least 21 days before you break up with them and suddenly date someone else. Once you do, they’ll come running back to you in less than a week.” Cheondung explained.

 

“Why do we have to do it in 21 days?” I asked.

 

“Once you do something for 21 days consecutively, it becomes a habit. So if they start depending on you and you suddenly leave them, they’ll fell lost.” Cheondung said.

 

GO immediately liked the idea since he nodded in agreement. I, on the other hand, didn’t seem to think that the idea was something great.

 

“But that’s not even a sure thing…” I said.

 

“Well, it usually works.” Cheondung said.

 

“How sure are you that it will work on them?” I asked.

 

“Well, it worked on your brother. He gave me more attention and I love it.” Cheondung said while giggling.

 

“I-isn’t that supposed to be private?” I said, feeling embarrassed.

 

“I’m just saying. You can try it too.” Cheondung said.

 

“And if this doesn’t work?” GO asked.

 

“Well, you better make sure that the partner you’re going to search for will be someone that they’ll be jealous of.” Cheondung said.

 

“Cheondung-ah! Why are you hanging out here with them?” I heard another voice ask. I looked and it was probably one of Cheondung’s workmates...

 

“Ah sorry… I just saw them. This is my boyfriend’s brother and he needed my help so I just helped them.” Cheondung said and he stood up.

 

“Ohh…” the other guy said. “You guys are lucky to get an advice from this guy here. He’s really good at giving love advices. He’s solved a lot of love problems in the office.” The guy added.

 

“Yah… don’t say those things to them. They’ll think I’m some kind of love expert.” Cheondung said as he slapped the other guy’s arm.

 

“Well it’s true. He even saved my relationship. So you should listen to him.” The guy said.

 

“Oh let’s go! We’ll have fun you guys! And Joonie-hyung, we’ll talk more about this alright?” Cheondung said while pushing his workmate to their table. I nodded and I smiled at him. “Alright.” I said.

 

“I didn’t know your brother didn’t like Seungho?” GO suddenly said. “Well… He… It’s a long story.” I chuckled nervously. It’s not that I don’t trust GO-hyung… But I just don’t open up much to people.

 

“You know, Seungho is really lucky to have you. He should really take care of you. If he loses you, then it’s gonna be a big loss on his part.” GO said.

 

“Not really.” I said and GO huffed. “I’m serious. You just put yourself down too much. I think if you become confident enough to be the boss then you’ll surely be a treasure he’ll take care of.” GO said with a smile on his face.

 

I don’t know if he’s drunk but hearing him say those things makes me feel really happy. Hearing someone compliment me like I’m someone precious just makes me happy. The way he says those makes me feel happy inside.

 

“Do you really think so?” I asked and he nodded. “Yeah. If only he can see that you’re a precious person. He just needs to open his eyes.” GO said.

 

 “You’re right… maybe I just put myself down too much. Do you think… we should do what Cheondung told us?” I asked.

 

“Well… I think so.” GO answered. “But who are we supposed to date after breaking up with them?” I asked.

 

“Hey… I think we should just date each other.” GO said.

 

“What?” I asked in surprise.

 

“I mean, think about it. If we do our best and become really nice to them for the next 21 days, then they’ll surely depend on us. And if they actually see that we’re dating each other then they’ll immediately take us back because they’ll surely be irritated that we’re the ones ending up together.” GO said.

 

“Well, that might be a good idea too…” I said.

 

“So… we can just plan this all out!” GO said.

 

I chuckled at him.

 

Mir is so lucky to have someone like him. Willing to do anything to get his attention. I wish Seungho would be like him.

 

“So do you know how to cook?” GO suddenly asked me.

 

“Mm… I learned because I had to cook for Seungho’s lunch.” I said.

 

“Oh… That’s good. We should cook for them one time.” GO said and I nodded.

 

Well maybe this won’t be such a bad idea after all.

 

***

 

ehermmmmm!!!

 

So this is the first chapter. I'm sorry if it's kinda off and weird. I hope you still like it.

 

 

Also, more fluff chapters ahead so stay tuned!

 

 

from,

kimichi21