Go Away

Witness Protection Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This is literally the most boring job we might have ever had.”

 

“Hey, come on, stay alert, the boss will get mad.”

 

“How can I stay awake when I’ve been staring at a blank screen for 5 straight hours,” Jonghyun proclaimed while suppressing a yawn.

 

“Because if you don’t, the boss will whip your . You know he hates when we slack,” Yonghwa said as he gave him a pointed look.

 

“Look, I hate this just as much as the other person. Heck, the only interesting thing that happened so far was that a cat jolted by.” He literally wasn’t kidding.

 

“But if we slack and the girl dies, we’re going to cost the boss his promotion and our reputation.”

 

“Arasso, arrasso, I get it. Jeeze, you kiss up.” Jonghyun said exasperated.

 

“Jonghyun-“

 

“Full alert sir!” He pretended to salute.

 

“You’re so annoying.”

 

“I knew you guys would be slacking off.”

 

Yonghwa and Jonghyun both jolted their heads up. They didn’t even realize that another person had walked into the room. Jeeze, and they were police officers. Yikes.

 

“I brought you lazy bums lunch.”

 

Yonghwa’s eyes lit up. “I always knew you were the best.”

 

Jonghyun scoffed.

 

“What’s with the scoff? Eat up, you pig.”

 

“I’m so tired of you and Mr. Whipped’s faces.” Jonghyun pretended to barf.

 

“Me and Yonghwa are just friends, okay.” She gave him a darted look.

 

“Leave Seohyun alone. You’re just crabby because you’re a lonely lazy bum.” Yonghwa said without hesitance.

 

Jonghyun begrudgingly picked up the take out. “Honestly, this blows. We’re working for the richest man in Korea and we’re reduced to this.” He carefully poked the cheap takeout with his chopsticks.

 

“You know we don’t have the expenses to blow on fancy meals.” Yonghwa said while stuffing his face.

 

“Yeah, but I’m just saying. This blows.” He picked up a tiny piece to eat. “Especially when the person we’re protecting is literally like a spoiled ice princess.”

 

“Hey, don’t talk so loud. We’re busted if anyone hears.” Yonghwa jabbed Jonghyun.

 

“What? I’m not scared. At first I thought she was so pretty but seeing her personality makes me barf more than this disgusting take out.” He took a large bite to prove his point.

 

“At least when we’re done with this mission, we’ll never see her again. It’s only for a month anyway. “

 

“Stop talking crap and eat your crap.” Seohyun said as she stuffed Jonghyun’s face.

 

“I honestly don’t know how the Boss deals with following her around the whole day. She’s so boring and mean.” Jonghyun said while slightly choking.

 

Yonghwa gave him a glare, signifying the end of the conversation. Jonghyun threw his hands up in defence and pretended to zip his mouth.

 

“Still true though.” He whispered under his breath.

 

----

 

Minhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter