Hero

Witness Protection Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Don't you think she's taking an awful long time getting that book?" Minhyuk eyed suspiciously. 

 

"Who cares? As long as she doesn't stir up a batch of trouble, just leave her alone," Jonghyun scoffed. "Besides, I've got my eye on another girl right now." 

 

Minhyuk cautiously edged his way closer. 

 

"You see that girl over there?" Jonghyun stuck his thumb out towards a slender girl with doe like eyes. 

 

"Now that's someone I would want to protect." Jonghyun gave a dimpled smile. 

 

No, she wouldn't. 

 

"Boss, are you even listening to a word I'm saying?" 

 

"," Minhyuk hissed.

 

"Jonghyun, we got to go, she's gone!" Minhyuk was already dashing out the store. 

 

Where could she be? We hadn't even left her alone for more than 5 minutes, she couldn't have gotten far. 

 

"Boss, I'll search upstairs. We should split up to try to find her. I'll tell Yonghwa and Seohyun to search outside the mall area." Jonghyun said before whisking out his walkie talkie to contact the others. 

 

No, she wouldn't go anywhere with lots of people. She despises them more than she despises us. 

 

He darted his eyes back and forth, scanning through the crowds. That's it! 

 

He rushed towards the emergency exit, just to the left of the bathrooms. She must be there! Gun, carefully hidden in his jacket, he silently padded his way towards the emergency exit. 

 

"Will you shut up? Don't make me hurt you. The boss wants to deal with you personally."  

 

A gruff voice could be heard. 

 

"Let me go," Krystal screeched. 

 

Minhyuk quickly bursted in. 

 

"Freeze!" He held up his gun. 

 

"Well , here's your bodyguard to the rescue! Do you think I'm scared?" The man hard a firm grip on Krystal. 

 

"Let her go or I'm going to shoot you." He calmly stated. 

 

"I could say the same to you. If you inch any closer, she's dead." He loaded the gun. 

 

"What do you want," Minhyuk lowered his gun slightly. 

 

"My boss wants me to bring her safely to the warehouse. Forget it, you might as well leave before this gets ugly. We have plenty of men here, while your subordinates are wandering the mall for no reason." 

 

Minhyuk stared on, silently looking for something to use. He caught the eye of Jonghyun just above on the second floor. 

 

"Don't do anything drastic, we can talk this out." Minhyuk stalled. 

 

"If you want her to leave this mall alive, you'll let me go." 

 

"Alright, it really doesn't matter to me if she's alive anyway. This is just a job to me." Minhyuk placed his gun on the ground, holding his hands up. 

 

Krystal's eyes widened in fear. 

 

The man let out a startling laugh. "Glad you see it my way." 

 

The second he let his guard down, Minhyuk kicked the gun to his feet and Jonghyun knocked the gun out of the man's hands. 

 

"What the-" 

 

Minhyuk grabbed the man's arm, effectively pulling it into a twisted position and kicked the man to the floor. Jonhyun then immediately held his back down with his foot while grabbing his handcuffs from his pocket. 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter