Frightened

Witness Protection Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Minhyuk grabbed Krystal’s hand tightly before pulling her out the car. Their slow steps gradually heightening the suspense.

 

“Hurry up! Don’t test my patience,” the man gruffly said as he raised his gun once more.

 

“We’re coming, put the gun down.” Minhyuk glared back.

 

He begrudgingly put the gun down as Minhyuk handed Krystal off to him. Minhyuk took slow steps backwards. Any minute now.

 

“What are you planning to do with her?” Minhyuk asked in a nonchalant manner.

 

“What’s it to you?” The man eyed him suspiciously. “You better not be trying any funny business.”

 

“Not at all, but I’m just curious why you went to this extent just to get her.”

 

“The boss wants to personally deal with her. She’s been a pain in the for several years now. Don’t worry about it, we’ll take good care of her.” The man laughed.

 

“Good, she’s been a pain in my too. I’ve only known her for a week so I give you props for being able to handle her for years,” Minhyuk laughed along.

 

The man let out a huge laugh, “Good riddance, huh.” He jabbed the gun to Krystal’s back and forced her to walk towards their black van.

 

“Sir, we’re here.”

 

As soon as the ear piece relayed the information, Minhyuk quickly jolted towards the man and kicked his gun from his grasp.  The man couldn’t even utter a word before Minhyuk took him by the back, gun pointed to his temple. “Don’t shoot,” Minhyuk said to the several men alarmed at their leader’s capture.

 

As if on cue, back up came rolling in with five vans.

 

“I knew you weren’t going to let me off that easily,” the man said. Minhyuk still had the gun at his temple.

 

“This is my job. Tell your boss as long as I’m here, you’re not laying a single finger on her.” He pushed him towards the newly arrived back up.

 

“Sir.” The officer saluted as he handcuffed the man.

 

Minhyuk slightly nodded. He walked towards Krystal. “Are you alright?”

 

She stared at him with frightened eyes. “Who are they?”

 

He offered a hand to her. “The murder you witnessed, you’re the number one target for them. The person involved is a mafia leader. Just your luck, huh?”

 

She took his hand but Minhyuk immediately cried out in pain. He had completely forgotten about his wounded left arm. Krystal fell back to the ground ungraciously with a thud. “Yah!”

 

He grasped his bleeding arm. , this would take at least a couple days to heal.

 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry. Are you alright?” She said as she saw his arm.

 

“I’m okay, don’t worry about it. I’ll see you tomorrow, ma’am.” He curtly bowed with a cringed face before making his way back to Yonghwa and Seohyun.

 

 

 

 

Minhyuk closed and tightened his fist over and over again. This was going to be a pain in the .

 

“Boss, stop doing that. You’re going to make it worse.” Yonghwa jabbed him.

 

“I have a freaking arm cast on. How am I supposed to do anything with one arm?” Minhyuk said with annoyance.

 

“You should’ve just taken the day off, you’re such a workaholic.”

 

“And then who would yell at you guys for slacking off?” Minhyuk joked.

 

“Hey, we don’t slack off!” Jonghyun shouted from the other room indignantly.

 

Minhyuk laughed.

 

“Oh, Mr. Jung,” he immediately bowed as he Mr. Jung walked in.

 

“Stop with the formalities already. Is your arm okay? I’m really sorry that you got hurt while you were protecting Krystal,” Mr. Jung said with an apologetic face.

 

“No, it’s okay. It’s my job, as long as Krystal is safe.”

 

“Thank you for doing such a good job. Usually her bodyguards don’t last very long.”

 

“What do you mean?” Minhyuk asked confused.

 

“They usually quit after a couple days. I hope you don’t get discouraged; she’s really a sweet girl. She just doesn’t…” Mr. Jung stopped abruptly. “No, never mind, I just wanted to thank you for doing such a great job.”

 

Minhyuk was confused. What did he mean by…

 

“Anyway, Krystal is attending a cello recital today so I want you to make sure the entire area is closed off. After yesterday’s incident, I just want to make sure she doesn’t get frightened again.” He said with a worried expression. “She doesn’t like going out much except to the bookstore or to play her cello. I don’t want to take that away from her just because of this… s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter