Cello

Witness Protection Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Boss, it’s been a week and she still hasn’t come out of her room.”

 

Minhyuk remained his gaze at the door.

 

“Boss, maybe you should get some rest. The only thing you’ve been staring at all week is this door.”

 

No response.

 

“Boss, let’s go on a double date. I started talking to Yoona and she has eight other hot friends.”

 

Silence.

 

“Boss, no matter how much you ignore me, I am going to continue to talk and pester you.”

 

Jonghyun let out an exasperated breath.

 

“Boss, what’s gotten into you? You’ve been so stoic ever since the cello recital! Is something wrong, you can tell me! I’m your most trusted colleague and friend so-“

 

Minhyuk put a hand on his shoulder signaling him to stop talking. “Shh, I think she’s finally coming out.”

 

The door slowly creaked open to reveal Krystal. Immediately, Minhyuk’s eyes met hers.

 

“Are you going somewhere?” Minhyuk eventually asked.

 

“I’m going to practice my cello.”

 

“Okay, I’ll take you.” Minhyuk said after a moment of surprise.

 

And without another word said, both started walking towards the car.

 

“Hey! Wait for me!” Jonghyun yelled quickly trying to catch up.

 

 

Her cello case rolled along the soft pavement of the building silently as Minhyuk and Jonghyun followed behind her. Arriving at the destination, Krystal stopped and took a breath, opening the door.

 

Immediately upon opening the door, the chatter in the room stopped.

 

“...Kyrstal… You’re back..!” An older man said nervously. Minhyuk assumed he was the conductor.

 

Scanning across the room, Minhyuk could see eye rolls and disappointment painted on everyone’s faces.

 

“I came to practice.” Krystal bluntly said. “Are we not starting yet?”

 

“Ah, ah, yes! Of course, we were just about to start! Guys get up and set up!” The man shouted at the room.

 

Minhyuk could hear murmurs of “ugh, she’s back..” and “does she not know, no one likes her here…”

 

“Yeesh, all the happiness seems to be out of the room..” Jonghyun whispered to Minhyuk.

 

Not long did Minhyuk realize why. Krystal was bossy and strict with music apparently. She yelled at practically everyone and anyone.

 

“Do you not know that this is a C#? Do you need me to teach you scales like a beginner?” yelled Krystal at a first violin.

 

“This is pianissimo, not forte. Play softer or don’t play at all.”

 

“You missed the rest. We’re doing it again.”

 

The session ended painstakingly.

 

“Alright, good job guys, practice the pieces at home.” The conductor said half-heartedly. “Krystal, glad to have you back.”

 

Minhyuk slowly approached Krystal, frightful of her after what he just witnessed.

 

“Wow, you play very… well.”

 

She stared back at him, almost with no expression. “I have so much time, that I spend a lot practicing music.”

 

“I’m glad I got to hear you play. You’re very talented.”

 

She didn’t reply.

 

“If I were you, I would hold concerts everyday. You’re that good.” Minhyuk said, hinting at the missed cello recital.

 

She stared back in alarm. “No thanks. I don’t like them.”

 

“I don’t understand why. Everyone would be smitten by you if you did.”

 

“Let’s go.” She abruptly stated, an attempt to end the conversation.

 

“Why do you do this all the time?” Minhyuk asked exasperated. She was so difficult to approach.

 

“Do what?”

 

“You always walk away.”

 

Her eyes glared at him. “It’s none of your concern.”

 

“I know you care about me, yet every time I talk to you, you walk away. There are other ways to show your concern for people. If you were worried for my arm, why didn’t you just say so? Why did you have to ask your father?” Minhyuk reiterated angry.

 

Krystal’s footsteps stopped. She quickly turned to face him. “You have no business talking this way to me. You’re just a bodyguard.”

 

Minhyuk held her gaze. “Just because I’m a bodyguard, doesn’t mean you have to treat me this way.”

 

“This is how I treat everyone, if you don’t like it, you can leave like everyone else!”

 

“Fine! At this rate, there will be no one left to guard you!” Minhyuk angrily stormed out.

 

“Jonghyun, let’s wait in the car.” He said as he walked pass him.

 

“Wait boss!” Jonghyun cried out confused.

 

Krystal stared at the open door with anger. Why did he always have to do this? Everyone else just minded their own busine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter