Chap 4

Stupid llama

CHAP 4

"Amber? AMBER WAIT FOR ME!”

Before he could even realize it, he was chasing with all his strength towards that direction, only to find an empty hall. There were some people chitchating actually, but without that certain one person, it became all empty, just like his heart right now.

And he didn’t know that he missed out a frown on the girl’s pretty face.

“Henry? What’s wrong?” She asked while beaming carefreely.

“Uhm...nothing...old friend...” He mumbled under his breath. To see the shadow that practically overshadowed all his lovelife in the past 5 years was just...undescribable. He was…happy? Oh well hell yes he was happy. That’s a pretty girl, a really pretty girl, and a pretty girl is welcome by everyone and anyone (not to mention that he is such a playboy gentleman). Moreover, that’s the pretty girl that used to hold his heart. She knew Henry so well, even better than himself. For 5 years in his life, she had been a shoulder for him to lean on, a switchboard for him to confided in, a distraction to keep him from all the sorrows that any teenager could have, a home. You might not know about it but he wouldn’t become a carefree person like now without her caring and solving all his problems. Ever since he moved to Korea to chase after his personal dream, without her, his life had been so miserable. It’s all alone. Everything and everyone seemed to fight against him. Korean food seemed to poison him everytime he ate (because he got stomachache while somehow kept on gaining weight and the manager would never believe him when he complained). Korean hyungs? Gosh you never wanna hear about how they bullied the maknae in his first day. That he was a Canadian was interesting – so interesting that Suju always tried to “English talk” to him. Well…you know about their incomprehensive Engrish. For a foreigner to hear it, it was kinda/extremely funny – so funny that Henry always ended up laughing his off and then was kicked mercilessly by them. Anyways, he was just kidding about his hyungs being scary. Suju loved bullying, but they truly loved him and took care of him very well. The Korean people that he was thinking about…it’s just that…the two cultures were too different. He shook hand in the first meeting to be polite, they called that impolite. He talked comfortably with girls to be friendly, they called that y. He asked for their namecard to show his willing for the next meeting, they were like “Are you even in the same level with me to ask for my namecard?”… It was like he commited crime everyday in everywhere with everyone he met. He was slowly crawling back to his comfort zone, shut himself out of everyone, and he was too afraid to ever make a move in everything.

That’s until Amber came in his life.

Remembering about that stupid tomboy, his heart unconciously jumped and ached so bad. Aish…this stupid heart…

He failed to notice that he had been staring at the empty space where Amber used to stand for so long.

Trying to pressing down her sorrowful sigh, Jin stared deeply into his eyes. The light on those eyes were not the same anymore. With one hand cupped his cheek, she whispered:
“Henry… what’s wrong?”

That familiar whisper finally succeeded in bringing him back to present. The past’s shadow was finally here, free and fresh in his arm. Water was welling up her almond eyes. Never in his whole life had Henry made Jin cry. It’s always the other way round. Habits told him to cup his hand on her small face, just like the old days, just like dejá-vu.

“Jin ah…don’t cry, okay. Time flies. Something dies, but something still exists. I’m sorry that you and me can’t be back to the past. But you are still my friend, a very special friend that God brings to me. I’m actually happy to have you here…”

“Am I still special in your heart, Henry?”

“As always.” He kissed her head. The familiar scent somehow made him in peace. Yes, Jin was his peace.

Wiping the last tear, the petite girl tried to beam wholeheartedly:

So, my baby friend, let me introduce my office to you!  It’s no joke, you know? I bet I live much better than you!”

With her hand holding Henry’s, she dragged him into the SM building, which is crowed with staff and trainees and idols.

“Wow wow easy there, Jin. You still don’t know how to calm down your excitement! Slow down, dude!” Henry bursted out to laughter while unconciously holding her hand back, just like the habit he formed since the old days. Jin scrunched up her nose in cute manner while speeding up her pace.

“You are getting old, man!” Henry could just chuckle at the comment. He didn’t realize that he hadn’t laughed like this for 3 months, since Amber left.

“Oh hey SHINee hyungs!!!” The girl shouted happily. There came 5 shining boys wearing their biggest grins. Minho did that complicated handshake with her while Jonghyun ruffled her head affectedly. Teamin on the other hand was whining about a “basketball date” with Jin or something. This scene really “wowed” Henry. He had never seen SHINee boys being this close to any girl, except Amber.

“Okay okay guys. Lemme introduce him first.”

She immediately linked arm with Henry.

“This is my childhood friend in Canada. Hehe. Never know he can grow up this well, but he is as stupid as ever. Hehe.”

Unconsciously, all 5 pairs of eyes went to O shape, because…

“Henry I thought you only have Eunyoung as a girl friend in your life!” – Onew exclaimed.

“Jin noona! You never allow anyone to make skinship with you. Why him? Why!!!” Teamin whined.

“Do you link arm with your close friend, Key?” Jonghyun playfully nudged Key. Wriggling his eyebrow, Key replied: “No, never. Only with my girlfriend.”

“So…what kind of close friends are you? Something like girlfriend and boyfriend?” Minho chuckled.

 All five boys were staring with the 2 friends with hawk eyes, which made them blush like crazy.

“I…it’s not like that…” Henry tried to stutter.

“Okay okay I know you… Anyways, we have to go, See ya!” Jonghyun cooed. SHINee hurriedly left not after sending Henry and Jin a mysterious smile.

Jin coughed awkwardly: “So…will you visit my office?”

“Oh…yeah, why not!” Henry clumsily stepped ahead of Jin.

“Not that direction. This way, stupid!” She laughed like crazy, with the back of her hand trying to cover , just like Amber. The similar scene left Henry in awe. Haiz, don’t be so stupid, Henry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry and Jin chatted so happily that they didn’t notice that 2 hours had gone by. It’s almost lunch time now.

“You know, the girl that I manage is really awesome. She reminds me so much of me and you in the past. She has that friendly aura that everyone loves. All in all, she is good. Except for one thing. She has too many boyfriends – yes, I mean LOVERS. It’s her life though.”

“Hm? I know all SM girls but no one is like that! They are loyal. Who are you talking aboout?”

Glancing at the clock, Jin suddenly starled at that fact.

“Henry! It’s 12 p.m now! I need to bring my girl to lunch. You go with me. No buts!” Before Henry could even argue, he was dragged to the corridor of practice rooms. They were stepping towards a certain special one, the one that he knew so well… His eyes widened. She couldn’t be manager for that person…could she?

Jin left Henry outside the room and barged in. Even from outside, he could hear loud and melodious laughters of the two girls. He smiled. Jin fitted in the environment here so well. As expected from that amazing girl.

“Sunshine morning, girl don’t be sleeping~” the two girls sing-songed as their special way to greet each other. After a few minutes, Jin approached Henry, and linked arm with him again.

“Yo Amber, Mr. Henry Lau is back~” The Canadian girl beamed brightly.

Amber?

Henry couldn't believe in his eyes.

Why is the fate so weird?

Why is his ex with his present loved one?

And above all, from what Jin said, Amber had many lovers??????

Staring coldly at their linking arms, Amber silently spoke:

Hello mister Lau. I’m Amber.”