Chapter 6 : Tears

It is not the end

 

 

    "Kang Gary! You better apologize to them right now." she searched through his pocket for his phone and forced him to dial the numbers. "Ahh arasso....." he unwillingly dialed Jae Suk's number. "Ah Jae Suk hyung! Mianhae....I think I'm too worried earlier..." he apologize while Ji Hyo stared at him following her instructions obediently. "Ji Hyo..she's fine..ah ye...arasso..." he finished up his sentence and ended the phone call. "What did Jae Suk Oppa said?" she asked while dragging him out to the living room with baby steps afraid to hurt her stomach.

   "He said the filming went well..and they'll be coming over tomorrow to see you." he said in relieved. "Yah..no next time arasso?" she hit his head again. "Arasso...ouch.." Gary pouted like a little kid and rubbed his head as if it hurts really badly. "Appa(Pain)?" she asked with a sorry tone and rubbed his head. "Mianhae...I was just playing.." she continued and held his face in both of her hands. "A kiss should help to cure the pain" he gave his cheeky smile. "Yah!" she got annoyed at his trick and slap his head slightly harder.

    "But Oppa...aren't you a little too worried?" she curiously asked. "Coming back because I said my tummy hurts A LITTLE doesn't make sense at all..." she frowned and stare at him. "Don't worry about me...I think I'm just woried.." he sighed and look down. "I'm sorry I made you so tired..." she lifted his head up and gave him the most guilty look ever. Slowly she leaned forward and lightly kiss him. " I think a kiss should help curing your worrisome.." she smiled shyly.

 


*Door bell rings*

     "Jae Suk Hyung! Come on in.." Gary invited him and followed by the rest of the members behind Jae Suk. "I miss all of you so much!" Ji Hyo express her feelings as she has not seen them for a long time. "How are you feeling? Uncomfortable anywhere?" Jae Suk and the rest sat around the living room. "Thank you Oppa, for your concern. I'm alright. Just sometimes, It hurts so badly I had to stay awake whole night." she sighed. "Women must have sacrifice a lot when they're pregnant. A sacrifice that men could never understand. Byul was once in this situation, so stay strong Ji Hyo yah.." Haha told her, as her wife gave birth not long ago. "Furthermore, it is a pair of twins..." Jong Kook added while touching his own abs, trying to imagine how painful it is. "It is more painful than working on your abs, Hyung." Kwang Soo added in annoyingly and laughed at his own joke. "Seeing you guys here definitely made my day.." Ji Hyo laughed softly, not wanting a powerful laugh to make her suffer from muscle cramp again.

     They talked for hours and Ji Hyo still gets cramped occasionally and they all get nervous and became worried. Suk Jin's wife who gave birth to a son wasn't that serious too. The all saw how painful she was and couldn't calm their hearts. They finally understood why Gary was always so nervous over little things. Laughing outside, worries started building in their mind and thoughts. Gary especially, who had not have a good night sleep for weeks."Take care, Ji Hyo yah.." they stepped out of the house and each gave her  an encouraging hug. "We want to see the healthy running girl soon.." they bid farewell and left the place.

      "Are you tired?" Gary asked her as soon as he closes the door behind him. "Well, a little.." she smiled and walk towards the direction of the bedroom. "Arasso..You should sleep now. Oppa will be beside you.." he said and held her to the bed. "Sleep well my strongest woman.." he whispered and gave her a peck on the forehead, then slowly watched her into sleep.

 


 

       Gary watch her slowly fell asleep and he could not hold on to his tiredness and fell into his slumberland. He was deep in sleep for a moment then a soft voice was heard while he is sleeping. He was curious if it is a dream or reality. He kept listen to the continue faint voice. His eyebrow was frowned up and he slowly opened up his eyes. To his surprise, Ji Hyo is not lying beside him. He jumped up and ran towards the soft sound he heard. Upon reaching the living room, he saw his beloved wife sitting on the sofa sobbing while pressing a pillow against her face trying hard not to make a loud cry. He immediately ran and knelt down before her. "What's wrong Ji Hyo yah?" he took away the pillow that was covering her face. His eyes reddened as he sees her pitiful cry. "I didn't want to wake you up....Mianhae Oppa..." she said while continue sobbing. "No..no...Oppa should be taking care of you..why? Did it hurt you again?" he asked and hugs her tightly.

    "Oppa..Mianhae...I didn't want to wake up at the middle of the night too. It hurts so much I just cannot bear with it. It is painful...very painful..." she confess herself and cried louder. "I felt so useless to have to wake you up every night. I can see how tired you are but I didn't want to. Oppa...I felt like giving up although I know I can't and I shouldn't...." she continued crying on his shoulder and hugs him tighter. "I'm sorry you must've suffered a lot....Don't bother waking me up every night because I've said it, we will face this together. By together I mean, me and you, not just you. I know I can't understand the pain you are feeling right now...hold on this pain for tonight.We will visit the hospital again okay? Just to see if this is dangerous. I'm sorry..." he swallowed back his tears and slowly laid her on the sofa and massage he tummy to ease the pain temporarily. "Sleep if you can..to forget the pain.." he gently carried her in a bridal way because he knew walking would be hard at this time. Her weight clearly increase from weeks ago and he knew it is harder for her when she had to carry that weight around for so long. "I'm sorry...I love you.." he hugs her again, feeling really disappointed at himself for not helping out at anything.

Gary's POV

If only I knew it would be this hard for her. If only I knew that It will turned out to be a pair of twins, I wouldn't let her experience it. Ji Hyo, please be safe. I need you more than anything else....

 


 

     "For most women, twin pregnancy is very hard to overcome. No matter how strong you was...there will always be severe problems. Her body is too weak from what I see. It must be hard for you.." the doctor stood up and patted Ji Hyo's shoulder from opposite. "I will give a small dose of painkiller that wouldn't affect much as her pain is almost unbearable. Gary's face was clearly brooding. "And...I suggest you to stay at the hospital a month before your expected date to deliver. In most cases, about 57 per cent of twins and almost all triplets are born at or before 37 weeks, which the baby is not mature enough yet. Extremely premature babies born before 28 weeks can survive, but they'll need intensive medical care.We will keep examine on your condition. Stay strong and don't give up.." the doctor encourages them again. 

*After 20 weeks*

     "I will be here..." Gary whispered to Ji Hyo's ears and they are lying on the hospital bed. It is their second night staying in the hospital and also the 32nd week of Ji Hyo's pregnancy. Only both of them knew how much she has been through. They came this far and Gary couldn't be more proud of this strong wife of his, Song Ji Hyo. "Oppa...I will be fine right?" she looked at Gary who stubbornly squeezed beside her, still leaving enough place for Ji Hyo to sleep on the small single bed provided by the hospital. "Dangyon-haji(Of course)! I've never seen a girl this strong.." he smiled. "Everyday will be critical for now...stay strong. Ji Hyo, saranghae." he kept his worried face and smile every minute because no one would be more nervous than her. At this moment, he should be strong enough to be her pillars when she couldn't bear it anymore.

 


Author's Note : Ah yess.. A really long time to update again. Pregnancy is really hard to write. :( It challenges my capacity. LOL Im really sorry to have to apologize everytime I update...