Chapter 3 : Gift

It is not the end

 

 

   "You're what?...pregnant?" his jaw drop and immediately got awaken from his tiredness due to the shocking news. "Yes..things has been going very wrong with me recently...I'm sorry Oppa. I really am..." she started crying louder and louder. She handed him the pregnancy test and it shows positive which also means she is pregnant. Ji Hyo just couldn't control her emotion. She is unsure if Gary wants to have kids. She tried to avoid getting pregnant every time but she must have forgot about it during their third year anniversary. 

   "Why sorry? This is great! I'm going to be a dad soon? I love it! Thank you Ji Hyo, thank you!" he suddenly shouted in joy and hug her tightly. " What am I going to name my little Gary? Wait...what if it is little Ji Hyo?" he mumbled in happiness. "Oppa? You really want kids?" she immediately stop crying and stared in shock. "Of course! It is time to build our little family don't you feel?" he wiped her tears and gave her the warmest smile.

    "Oppa...I thought you wouldn't want kids.." she wiped off her own tears and slowly put on a smile. "Stop crying Ji Hyo yah, I promise I'll be a good dad to our little baby." he comfort her and place his hand on her belly. "I can feel a little heart beating!" he exaggerate it and gave her a wide smile. "Let me hear to feel it better" he quickly move his head to her stomach. "How is it possible to hear it so fast." she laughed and lightly hit his head. She knew he was trying to cheer her up. "Gumawo Oppa..." she gave him a thankful smile and hug him tightly, never wanting to let go.

 


 

   "Thank you to all of you again for a good time of shooting!" Jo PD shouted through the loud speaker while all of them clap. "Jo PD, can we talk a little." Gary stopped him while he is about to leave. "Well sure.." he replied and offered Gary to take a sit on the bench while Ji Hyo looked at them in a distance preparing herself to tell the Running Man members her pregnancy news. "It's like that Jo PD...Ji Hyo...she's pregnant." Gary smiled and told him. "Ah jinjja! Chuka-haeyo(Congratulations)!" he got shocked by the news and pat on Gary's shoulder, congratulating him sincerely. A loud cheer could be heard from the other side. Gary turned his head and saw the others hugging and patting Ji Hyo, knowing that she must have told them already. "But...about Running Man..." he focused back on his topic with Jo PD. "I see you must be worried about the shooting. About that, the producer teams has been discussing about it. We knew this day would come sooner or later . Don't worry much about that. It depends on both of you, if she can continue the filming then we will give her lighter job which doesn't need to run around. It is also okay if she decides to take a long rest. I think viewers and fans would understand." Jo PD slightly explained his plan to Gary and asked him not to worry much. "Kamsahamnida Jo PD and the producer team as well. Hope it doesn't affect much. We will think about it. " he stood up and gave him a bow. "No problem with that, we are always a family." he smiled in return.

     "Aigoo..our new daddy is back." Haha immediately teased Gary as soon as he walked back to the group. "So what did Jo PD said?" Jae Suk as a senior immediately asked him. "He said the producers had plan for it. Don't worry ,hyung." Gary replied in joy and held Ji Hyo's hand. "Ah. That's great!" Suk Jin cheered happily while Ji Hyo clapped to the good news as well. "Let's go celebrate shall we?" Haha asked all of them. "No, unfortunately. We have to go to the hospital to do a check up." Gary replied and patted Haha's shoulder looking at his disappointed face. "Arasso..little baby is more important..." Jong Kook added in to cheer up his dongsaeng(little brother).

 


 

     "Don't worry, this doesn't hurt." the lady doctor put on the gel on Ji Hyo's belly preparing to do an ultrasound scan. Ji Hyo hold tightly on Gary's hand and both of them stare intensely to the monitor, nervous to see her little baby. "There, this is your little baby. It is still not in a human shape yet because it is still one month old." the doctor pointed out a small little figure in the monitor. "I think he or she is rather healthy. Since this is you first child, it is important to eat healthy and not move too much." the doctor carefully advised Ji Hyo. "When can we know if it is a boy or girl?" Gary asked right after the doctor finishes her sentence." Come back in two weeks time and we will examine your condition again. New parents are usually more nervous but don't worry too much. Just stay calm." she ended and congratulate the couple.

     "Jagiya..careful while you walk." Gary immediately held her while they walk out of the room. "Oppa...I can walk properly now. My tummy is not even bump now. " she laughed at the nervous Gary but still let him hold her. "I should start cooking now. Outside food is not as healthy as those we cook at home." he started planning what to do. "This baby surely brings me luck. Getting a chance to eat Kang Gary's cooking isn't easy!" she cheered happily and rub on her belly as a sign of praising her little baby. "Mwoh(What)? I'm doing this for you and our baby. I love you both equally." he replied quickly thinking that Ji Hyo is jealous making Ji Hyo laugh at her caring husband.

     "If it is a he, then I will name him...Kang se-jin(great and sincere).If a little girl, then Kang Sang-eun(grace)." he kept talking in excitement during the journey back home. "Oppa..you already think of the names? Daebak." she was amazed of how quickly Gary thought of those names. Looking at how happy he is, Ji Hyo naturally felt better and prepared to take up this serious responsibility. 

 


 

   "Jagiya.. I couldn't hear anything." Gary placed his ear on Ji Hyo's belly to listen to the baby movement or heartbeat before they sleep. "Of course you couldn't hear. It is still so tiny to even feel it in my womb." she slapped his head and laid down preparing to sleep while Gary still wouldn't want to give up listening. "You sleep first. I still feel like listening. I might hear it if I am lucky enough." he determined to listen and wouldn't bulge an inch. "How can I fall asleep if you're like in this position. Besides, it is so chilly around my tummy." Ji Hyo complaint as how cold she felt as Gary pulled up a little bit of her shirt to listen. "Arasso.. then..." he paused for a moment and pulled the blanket over him and Ji Hyo's body. "In this way you'll be warm and I can listen to my little baby's heartbeat!" he shouted from the inside of the blanket. "Arasso Kang Gary...Goodnight." she smiled at her foolish husband and let him continue what he wants while she slowly fell asleep.

Gary's POV

No heartbeat. No movements. I know it is too early to listen to all this but I couldn't hold the joy of being a father. I feel so close to my little baby and it is just like a miracle. I'm a lucky man! Ji Hyo, I promise i'll be a good father to this little baby that we brought to this world. Ae-gi (baby) ah....Appa(dad) is waiting for you.
   

[ End of Chapter 3 ]

 


Author's Note : Yayyy! Hahahha. It seems like I "Yayyy" too much. But hey, still saying the same thing to those who read my story. THANK YOU (again). And writing story about pregnancy isn't that easy...I have to do so many research on pregnancy( as if im pregnant). But good experience and knowledge tho. Again , hope you enjoyed this chapter.