Fashion sense

My Fairy Godfather

Looking around the familiar place, Chaerin is still amazed how rich Jiyong was even though it wasn’t her first time coming to his mansion, expensive painting hanging on the wall, antique looking vases in every corner of the said ‘house’, luxurious looking furniture. This is so not a house, this is not even a mansion, this is a freaking museum!

The amazed student was walking beside her teacher who was leading where they are going to go. They came to the dragon’s den to discuss the next step in the ‘Operation: Make Choi Seunghyun fall in love in with a nerd Chaerin’.

Chaerin admitted to herself that when she heard what lesson 2 was, she was kind of offended. Fashion sense... fashion sense... I never really thought that my fashion sense was bad. Lesson 1 was obvious. I already expected that but fashion sense? Isn’t T-shirt and pants a classic? And no one beats the classic.

Chaerin unconsciously pouted. From the corner of his eyes, Jiyong noticed. “Why are you pouting so cutely? It makes me want to kiss you.” He smiled teasingly, sending a wink to her.

With that comment, Chaerin raise her eyebrow and give Jiyong her famous are-you-ing-kidding-me look. Jiyong just let out a chuckle. He really liked teasing Chaerin, because he finds her reactions are so interesting. If he was to say that to another girl, for sure, that girl will be blushing beet red, be pregnant, ask him to marry him or fall in love.

“Yah, yah why are you laughing? What’s funny? Shouldn’t you be disgusted for saying something so... bleeeh.” Chaerin squints her eyes at Jiyong like he did something weird when for the boy she definitely was the weird one. Jiyong let out a sigh, shaking his head. Lee Chaerin is definitely weird and different... and cute...

Ba-thump Ba-thump

Jiyong felt his heart skipped a beat. His eyes widened, surprised at what he was feeling. What the hell was that? Did my heart just skip a beat? What the hell is wrong with me? It can’t be... No it’s not. I know it’s not. Heart skipping a beat doesn’t always mean...

The dragon stopped from his steps making the girl beside him wonder what was wrong with him. “Eh what’s wrong?” Chaerin asked. She held Jiyong’s shoulder to make him turn and face her. He stiffened as he felt her touch on him. “Jiyong, your face is so red! Are you alright?” Wanting to check his temperature to see if the redness was due to him not feeling well, Chaerin put her hand against his forehead.

Jiyong felt his heart raced even more. The boy’s face projected a darker shade of red than last time. Feeling extremely embarrassed, he swatted Chaerin’s hand away. “W-what are you talking about? I’m fine. It’s because it is getting hot. I really need to tell my butler to fix the air condition problem.” Jiyong said, resuming their walk towards their destination.

Chaerin just shrugged off Jiyong’s strange behaviour. But the air condition is working perfectly. Whatever, if he said he’s fine, he’s fine. I don’t want to make it uncomfortable for him, if he’s really not fine.

Finally reaching their destination, Jiyong stopped in front of a wide brown double door full of golden patterns with two handles. Chaerin was astonished. It was her first time seeing such an extravagant door. What the... Are the golden markings real? Well I doubt that the Kwon family would use a fake one. They are the number one fashion brand in Asia and soon the world.  I wonder what is behind that beautiful door. I bet behind that door is the end of a rainbow and a pot of gold showing the alluring 7 assorted colours of light rays.

Jiyong pushed the double door, opening them, both steps inside the room and flicks the switch on, making the inside visible to Chaerin’s curious eyes. Her shoulder that was once full of excitement, deflated when she was finished scanning the room.

She was a bit disappointed because there is neither a rainbow nor a pot of gold waiting inside of the room. The grand looking door was only a mask. The big room was only filled with 3 Dress Forms, the mannequin used for designing clothes, 13 different fabric rolls and a big rectangular marble table at the middle, and a couple of furniture.

Even though this wasn’t what Chaerin was looking forward to, she was still stunned. Something suddenly clicks in her head. She abruptly turned her head to Jiyong. “Wait... am I going to design my clothes?” She raised her eyebrow.

“No way. I would never want you touching my babie- I mean tools. I don’t want you ruining them” Jiyong huffed and crossed his arms. “Wait... You design and make clothes?” Chaerin asked curiously.

“Yup! I want to be a fashion designer, not just a clothes coordinator. I want to make clothes that will suit everyone who wears it, makes you feel beautiful no matter what colour or size you may be, raising your confidence bar to the top. I want to create my own clothing line, not just under my family’s name but one that is marked only under my name.” Jiyong shared his dreams with shining eyes.

He was really determined in accomplishing his goal, his dream. He wanted to be big in the fashion industry like his family, no wait scratch that, he wants to overcome them.

“Eh, Is that so?” Chaerin replied. Jiyong froze. He bit his lips. He was foolish, better yet careless. Why did he just tell this girl his lifetime ambition? The only person that knew of his aspiration of becoming a fashion designer was Youngbae his best friend and his family. He didn’t want to spread the word because people judge too quickly, that a boy in a fashion industry is gay, that he doesn’t need to work hard because he already have ‘connections’. He just can’t stop talking once in the topic of fashion. When started he can’t stop the words flowing out of his mouth.

“Just forget about--” “Did you already thought of the brand name you’re going to use?” Chaerin cut him. He can’t believe. She’s actually interested in his desired profession. “Giyongchy” Jiyong sighed, expecting that the next words that will come out of Chaerin’s lips would be criticism. He’s already used to it.

“Giyongchy. Giyongchy. That’s sounds so beautiful! Very luxurious. I can’t wait to see that on the covers of Vogue magazine.” Chaerin chirped. Jiyong burst out laughing. He can’t believe it. She did not even assume him being gay; well there is nothing wrong with being a homoual. She just seemed so interested. This girl definitely strange...

“Yah! Why are you laughing? There is nothing funny about what I said. I only say what I believe” Chaerin pouted. A small smile formed on Jiyong’s face. So she really thinks I could succeed. Jiyong reached out for the girl’s head as he ruffles her hair.

“Thank you” He muttered to himself. Chaerin still heard his whisper. She raised her eyebrow. Waait... Did the Dragon just thank me? Jiyong clapped his hands together, breaking Chaerin’s thoughts as she gives her attention to her teacher.

“Okay, now let’s get back to business” Jiyong went to a door that was facing the table. Chaerin followed his lead. He turned the golden knob, opening the white door. Her eyes widen as she saw what was inside the room.

The room was filled with clothes with different sizes, colors, and styles. It was like a clothing shop. Racks and racks of clothes occupied the big room. Something just sunk in Chaerin’s brain. Outside the room was Jiyong’s room for designing and making clothes. This room was filled with variety of clothes.

“Wait, did you make all of the clothes in here?” Chaerin concluded fixing her eyeglass. Jiyong gave her a big grin. “No wonder you’re the school’s nerd.” So I’m right? He made all of this? Unbelievable. I know he’s talented but not like this.

“I know I’m amazing, Ms. Lee so please close your mouth.” Extending his arm, Jiyong closed Chaerin’s mouth from gaping. He gave her a smirk and continued talking. “First of all, I want to see your fashion sense. That is why I brought you here. You will pick clothes that you’ll wear on a regular school day and I’ll evaluate your sense of style. I’ll give you 5 minutes. Good luck Lee Chaerin” Jiyong walked out the room and closed the door.

That’s easy! You can never go wrong with a white shirt and a denim pants. Chaerin lets out a breath. Well here comes the hard part. Chaerin started finding her soon to be outfit in the sea of clothes. 

“Okay. It’s already 5 minutes. I’m going in.” Jiyong opens the door and see’s Chaerin wearing a simple white t-shirt and dark blue denim pants. He sighs. “Really, a T-shirt and pants?”

“What? There is nothing wrong in my attire.” Chaerin replied. Jiyong pinched his nose bridge. “There is nothing really wrong with that but it’s just too plain. You didn’t even put any layers. What’s the point of going to a non-uniformed high school if you’re not going to exert effort in making yourself look good? Stop playing safe, learn to be dynamic. Just try again okay? I’ll leave you for 5 minutes again.” Jiyong said, stepping out of the room.

Chaerin bit down her lower lip, trying to calm herself down. Her eyes were glassy, tears were threatening to fall. Jiyong got out of room too fast which is why he didn’t notice Chaerin’s behaviour. But being dynamic means taking risk, I don’t want to risk anything.

“What the is that? A neon yellow blouse and a bright red skater skirt? Are you a fireman? That’s a big NO! AGAIN!”

“A big green shirt and brown pants. REALLY? Are you ing kidding me? Are you a tree?”

Jiyong sighs as he rubs his temples to ease up the tension building up. Looking at outfit number 14 just made his eyes hurt. His poor little fashion heart. Who would think to pair a leopard print shorts with a leopard printed long sleeved shirt? To top that all she added a zebra printed scarf. Never in his life did he think he would meet such a person. Chaerin is definitely a fashion terrorist.

“Did I do great this time? I tried being dynamic” Chaerin smiled. She never really thought of wearing animal patterned clothes before. “I give up. You definitely need to study more about mix and matching.” Her shoulders deflated. But he was the one who told me to be dynamic. She pouted.

Jiyong went to table and scrunched down, took a ton of fashion magazines that in the cabinet under the table and gave it to Chaerin. “I don’t want to talk anymore. I have a headache. It’s already late so my driver will send you home, but before you go home change first. I don’t want anyone seeing you come out of this room looking like that.” He took a deep breath still rubbing his temples. He didn’t want to waste his energy.

Chaerin was now in Jiyong’s car as his chauffeur sends her home. It was already dark. There is no sign of the sun anywhere. I don’t get that Kwon Jiyong, first he gets mad when I picked simple attire but when I tried another variety of clothes he gets a headache. She sighs, all of a sudden something randomly pop in her thoughts.

Chaerin broke into a smile. I can’t believe he wants to be a fashion designer. The way he talks about his goal, the way he want it to be attained, he was telling about it with so much passion. His eyes were shining, he looked really happy. He looked so cute... Chaerin’s eyes widened. Her face flushed with the color red. I must be crazy, there is no way that dragon is cute. She shakes her head as she tries to get it out of her mind but sadly it was a fail, it made her think of him more. Butterflies started roaming in her stomach.

The driver coughed abruptly cutting Chaerin’s ‘moment’. ”Ma’am, we’re here.” Chaerin just nodded as she gets out of the car. She swiftly went to their house.

As she opened the door, the first thing she saw was her stepmom’s silhouette sitting on the couch. Was she waiting for me?  She can’t really deny that even after all these years she still has that hope that maybe; maybe her stepmom would care for her just a little bit. Be a real mom to her.

She went inside the house and went to where her stepmom was. As she got closer, her stepmom was sleeping while holding a book. So she just fell asleep while reading. A tear fell from her eye. She bit her lip to stop dropping more tears. Why did I have to give myself false hope?  She let out a shaky breath and went to her room to sleep.

The sun out in the open, its light rays spreading heat, giving you your daily dose of vitamin D. The resonance of her music was vibrating through her earphone. Chaerin was now doing her daily routine, jogging. She was rapping to her favourite workout song ‘Fantastic Baby’ by Small Bang. “Hanabuteo yeolkkaji modeun ge da--”

“han suwi~” A deep voiced continued her rapping. A big grin forms into her face as she recognized his voice, Chaerin turned around and saw her prince Choi Seunghyun. He was wearing a simple T-shirt that is sticking onto his body making his define chest visible to her and simple jogging pants.

Chaerin bits her lips. HOLY . HOLY . HOW CAN HE BE THIS SMEXY?!! OPPA YOUR MAKING MY OVARIES EXPLODE HERE. She tried averting her eyes of the man’s chest but her orbs still finds its way back. It’s like there is a magnet between her two eyes and the Seunghyun’s torso. UGGGH. Eyes please stop. Go away byuntae feels. Shoo~ shooo~ I don’t need you right now.

“Like what you’re seeing?” Seunghyun teased, wiggling his eyebrows. “Yes, oppa” Chaerin said nonchalantly. The prince stares at her still can’t believe that the girl in front of him has just said. Chaerin was shocked by her answer. She was in a daze that her brain wasn’t working. Her face abruptly became red; Chaerin shuts her eyes as she bits her lower lip.

“Op-oppa, I need to continue jogging, bye!” Trying to hide her embarrassment, she continued her jogging but it was more rapid compared to last time. Seunghyun smiled and catches up to her. “Wait for your desired man!” He teased. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys! I know it's been awhile since I've updated. Blame summer school and midterms. >:P 

I hope you liked this chapter. It's the start of Jiyong's fall, if you know what I mean. kekekekekekeke. 

Please comment! It's the fuel for my motivation. 

Thanks for the upvote HeroAce5