Lesson#2

My Fairy Godfather

“Who are you?”

Jiyong, Youngbae, and Daesung, who were talking to Seunghyun, asking what happened in the storage room, all the three of them, turned their heads immediately to the girl who was on the bed sitting up straight. Seungri, who is sitting on the other bed of the infirmary and was, playing on his phone, drops whatever he is holding onto the floor, surprised.

The Double Park, who was gossiping to each other about the new couple who was formed, Tiffany and Nichkhun (A/N: I’m still shocked about this.), stops their rumour spreading as they turned to face Chaerin.

Hyorin who was beside Minzy, turned pale, scared of what was happening while the girl besides her  gasps, shocked by her sister’s revelation, her heart becomes heavy, water forming into her eyes, one by one rolling down on her knees. “Unnie...”

She then cupped Chaerin’s face looking deeply into her sister’s eyes as she hugged her tightly, inhaling her vanilla perfume that Chaerin likes to borrow from her so much. “Please tell me that you’re joking.” Her voice vibrating, having a tint of hope in her voice, as she released her sister from the tight hug, looking at her, Minzy smiled sadly.

“Pffft.” Chaerin let out a chuckle and started bursting out of laughter. Her giggles were filling the room, as they all looked at her in disbelief. “You all, should’ve seen your faces. Priceless.” The girl that was proclaiming she had amnesia laughed like there was no tomorrow.

Sighs of relief were released. Minzy’s knees became weak; reassurance filled her heart, as she fell down on the cold floor. Chaerin immediately looked down from her bed to look at her little sister.

“Minzy-ah! Are you okay?” she asked worried about her sister. She lends her hand to her sister to help her. Minzy took her sister's hand and pulled it hard, making her to fall down from the bed and into the floor with her.

“HAH. That’s what you get from tricking your cute little sister.” Minzy pouted cutely. Chaerin smiled. UGHH. MInzy’s cuteness is so... UNF. She pinched her sister’s two chubby cheeks. “AWW. Happy belated April fool’s day? My little sister is so cuuute~” Everyone in the room laughed, well except the double Park, at the two sibling’s cute fight.

The tension had finally dissolved. Talking and laughing like nothing happened.  Chaerin, who was still on the bed she was on earlier, was happy. Her heart flutters. Looking in front of her, are her friends. Well maybe except the double park, and Her Prince. They are always there for her, concerned for her well-being. She never felt this warmth before, not really, maybe when she was in kindergarten and in elementary, when she was still friends with them. She looked again to the two prettiest girls in the whole school, the queenkas, her ex-best friends, Double Park, Park Dara and Park Bom.

The two girls felt Chaerin’s gaze. They stopped talking to each other as Bom went to their ‘patient for the day’ and handed something to her, shifting her gaze. “Present” “From the both of us.” Dara added.

On the black long haired girl’s hand was her favourite cake shop Rilakkuma cafe’s paper bag. Chaerin’s eyes sparkled like a little girl getting a present on Christmas. She excitedly grabbed the paper bag and opened the bag to see the sweet delicacy that was stored inside.

“You still like strawberry shortcake right?” the petite sun brown haired girl asked, raising her eyebrows. She just nodded, not really caring at anything else but the delectable treat that is in her hands. She took out the gourmet food from its bag, opening the container that was the only thing that was hindering her from eating the pastry.

Taking her first bite took her back, way back.

“Chaerin-ah, we can’t go to the cafe again. We just went there yesterday” explained by an 8 years old Bom.

“But unnie...” an 7 years old Chaerin puffed her cheeks, blinking her eyes rapidly. She was using her aegyo on two of her favourite unnies, her best friends, her sisters, knowing that they could not resist her.

“No buts Chaerin-ah, your aegyo won’t work this time. You’ll get sick. It’s not healthy.” Scolded by 8 years old Dara, putting her small hands on her waist.

“But but, strawberries are healthy! They’re even called as fwoots and are considered to be glow foods.” Chaerin pouted, being the cute little child nerd.

“Aigoo, Dara let’s just take her there again, this is going to be the last one for this week.” Bom sighed, giving up, her heart swaying; melting when looking at her best friend’s aegyo.

Dara sighed, giving up as well. “Okay.” Nobody can resist the queen of aegyo, Lee Chaerin.

The ‘patient for the day’ smiled. Those were the days. Why did it have to end?

“Chaerin-ah, I love you. Can we get married? ” A cute little boy who is her classmate and is her best friend Park Dara’s little brother, Park Sanghyun proposed to her, while holding a small white flower that was probably picked from the garden of their school.

Sanghyun was popular in his and Chaerin’s grade, well both of them are. Chaerin at that time was very cute, boys in her age would propose to her telling her if they could get married. The little girl always replied the question with the same answer.

“We can’t get married.” Chaerin nonchalantly responded.

“Why? We are perfect for each other. You’re the princess and I’m the prince.” Sanghyun was bewildered that there could be a girl that can resist his charms.

“We just can’t, we are too young.” Chaerin said with her as-a-matter-of-fact voice. It is true, that is what they said in the books that she read. You can only get married when you’re eighteen and they’re 11 years younger for that, maybe when they’re older.

The boy was embarrassed. He was hurt. His first love rejected him. He even worked had to be worthy of her. He felt like the world was going to end and that his heart was ripped and shredded into bits and pieces.

Chaerin saw the boy’s eyes getting glassy, being filled with salty water. She felt sorry. She has just hurt her best friend’s precious younger brother. She was going to explain to him that maybe if he could wait a little longer she would give him a better answer but the boy just walked away.

After that day, Sanghyun avoided Chaerin. He stopped talking to her, eventually both of her best friends became an ex. Soon the news has spread to the whole school. The great prince was dumped. Everyone avoided her, bullied her.

Chaerin never felt so lonely, soon her mother died. She locked herself from everyone. She wouldn’t care what she’d look like. She was also getting addicted in reading complicated books, solving perplexing problems made her forget her own problems.

She started over-eating due to the anxiety of not being wanted, so when her father remarried, her father’s newly married wife brought her child Minzy, she became happy. She became the bubby bright Chaerin that everyone knew.

“Yah, are you really okay? Who did this to you?” Seungri asked eyebrows knitted together, concern about her new friend, stopping her flash back moment.

These past weeks, she and Seungri have become good friends. He wasn’t that bad. Past that arrogant aura was a kind boy who will do everything for his friend. Even though others call their relationship cats and dogs, because they tend to fight a lot, but they know that they can lean on each other’s shoulders.

Chaerin looks at Hyorin who was shaking, scared at what would Jiyong’s friends would do to her.  The star player easily caught up. “You don’t mean...”

The school nurse abruptly entered the infirmary, easing the tension that they had in the room. Hyorin quickly exited the scene.

“Yah! Where are you--” Seungri shouted. He was going to follow the suspect out but was swiftly stopped by her new friend.

“Yah, yah, what’s with the shouting? Stop being so loud.” The nurse said irritated as she tries to get rid of the non existing earwax. “Aish, this old hag is so...” Seungri quietly ranted.

“So, what? Mr. Lee Seunghyun?” The nurse said raising her eyebrow. “Ms. Lee Hyori, Seungri was just expressing his crush to you.” Daesung showed his angelic smile, making them all return his smile.

Making the school nurse mad is one of the last things you wanted to do. She has a reputation of being a bad girl.  Seungri was relief. He was again saved by the angel.  

The beautiful black haired woman, who was wearing a white coat, snapped out of the angelic trance. “Anyways, Ms. Lee Chaerin, Nothing really bad happened. The bleeding of your ear was because it was scratched by something. Since you seem fine now, you may leave. ”

School has already ended. Their peer group has already decided they would go home together. As they were going home, Chaerin was secretly pulled away from their clique by Jiyong.

“What the eff Jiyong? I want to go home.” Chaerin whined. She was very filthy and sweaty. Taking a bath right now sounds really refreshing. Scrubbing those dead skins away will fulfil her neat freak side.

“I want to discuss to you about something.” The dragon replied, earning a raised eyebrow from the girl he was kidnapping.

“About what?”

“About Lesson#2: Fashion sense”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

See, I told you don't stress too much on the 'who are you' bomb. It was my April fool's day joke to you guys. :) 

I hope you liked this one. I exposed some parts of Chaerin's past! 

Do comment! I like hearing your feedbacks. Their fuel to my motivation. <3

Thank you for the upvote Ohhmaigd and AnicaXVII