「teaser three」

「PROJECT AQUARIUS - sm entertainment 」 [apply open!]

teaser three

inevitable

●●●

"Just so we are on the same page," Jessica says as she straightens up, "They want us to find nine girls that will eventually replace us?"

Taeyeon gives an exhausted sigh: it was hard to miss the venom threatening to spill in Jessica's voice as she utters the word replace. It had taken a while for Jessica to completely comprehend things but now that she did, her reaction was exactly what Taeyeon had expected. While Jessica is quietly seething at the ridiculous notion of having to find nine different girls that will eventually replace girls generation, everyone else in the room had completely gone quiet. Now, this silence was something that Taeyeon did not expect.

"Legacy — not replacement, Sica." Taeyeon sighs, as she looks through the files again.

Taeyeon had taken a while to raise this topic to her members — days turn to weeks, weeks became months. Between their preparations and promotions for mr.mr and their individual activities, the fatigue didn't went unnoticed by Taeyeon. Taeyeon knew that the rest of the girls were just too tired to handle any more crap thrown in their direction from their beloved agency, SM. Taeyeon, herself, needed time herself: to fully grasp the news.  Thus, this conversation between Youngmin and Taeyeon were tucked away carefully — until today, that is. Quite frankly, Taeyeon thought that she was ready. But she knew that she was mistaken: even though now that she thought about it, her readiness doesn't really matter. This news - and all the repercussions that they have to deal with, was inevitable. 

"To hell with that," Tiffany says, no longer smiling.

And then it was back to silence again. Yuri and Yoona were sitting beside one another, at the corner of the white-washed room. Seohyun, Sunny and Tiffany sat together on the sofa, busying themselves with their own train of thought. With a vacant look on her face, Sooyoung is staring blankly at the wall where a picture of them was hung. Beside her, Hyoyeon moved her feet slowly. Taeyeon leaned against the wall, facing the rest of her members.

"This really isn't your fault," Yuri whispers to Yoona, squeezing the younger girls' hands in order to comfort her. Yoona returns the gesture with a smile, even though she thinks otherwise. If only she was less selfish: if she had thought about the group more instead of her own happiness, maybe this would have been delayed. 

"Let's not see this in such a negative light. This is bound to happen anyway," Sunny says, hoping that her voice doesn't betray how she felt. Among the rest, she might be one of the girls that were actually thinking this through rationally. Nonetheless, she could still feel a stinging ache at the pit of her stomach. Sure, their popularity was sure to fade. Sure, younger and prettier girls would take over them. These were hard, dry facts. But to be told to find replacements by SM themselves for themselves - wasn't that a little too much? 

"Ugh, I feel so old," Sooyoung groans.

Hyoyeon takes the chance to take a jab at her junior, "What are you talking about, you are old."

"Yah!" Sooyoung says. For a minute, the entire group bursts into laughter - dispersing the tension in the room that had slowly built up throughout this heavy discussion.

"Basically, Youngmin-shii wants us to find nine girls to train?" Seohyun says, finally speaking up after the silence.

"That's the idea," Taeyeon clears as she starts. The rest of the girls looks at her as she continues explaining, "We only have about six months - try and look for girls with the same official positions as us. You must at least see something in her that can be developed further. It says here that we need to find an official rapper. Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri and Sooyoung, you guys are in charge of looking for rappers."

"Oh, okay." The rest gave a nod to show their understanding.

"What about the age range?"  Sunny asked.

"The oldest should be 22, the youngest would be about 16 to 17 years old." Taeyeon says, tucking back a strand of her hair to see the folder a little clearer. Not that there was a need to - over the last few months, she had familiarize herself with the folder but she wanted to be you know, sure. Seohyun gave a nod as she curled back into the chair, losing her in her thoughts once more.

Then the awkward silence returned to them again: the next six months was going to be tiring, for all of them. Promotional activities, their own individual activities — they were all going to be busy.

"There's some chicken, and some salad in the fridge too," Hyoyeon starts. At the mention of food, the girls perked up right away. Jessica was nudged by Hyoyeon, who was trying to cheer her up. The same goes for Yuri and Yoona. Together, they filed for the kitchen. The only people left were Taeyeon and Sunny.

"You seem so calm about this," Sunny says, hands in her pocket as she approaches Taeyeon, "I bet you already have a couple of names in mind."

"Yes, I have a name or two in mind already,"

●●●

author's notes

The third teaser. Not too sure what to write since I'm brain dead from writing this. Now excuse me, I shall go back and get myself some Daniel Atlas xxxholic ahem.

designed by musicchibi - coded by akanex at edelweiss