IV.

Sweetie Call

Luhan did stop caring.

He stopped caring about Yoona. In fact, he never did care about her. All that meant nothing to him. He just couln't move on from Seohyun and he missed the feeling of having a woman in his arms, a woman's skin rubbing against his.

It was purely carnal. It wasn't even for show. He didn't show her off.

And he had no plans to.

Luhan and Seohyun were good friends once more. It seemed as though she had forgotten about the persistence that Luhan had when he was courting her. Now, they were cool and closer than ever.

So close that if Yoona had seen it, she would flare up in jealousy and fly into a rage.

Yoona didn't hear from Luhan for a few days. She was so sure Luhan didn't want her anymore so she tried to move on and forget about him though it pained her greatly. 

It pained her immensely, actually.

Yoona tried her hardest not to think about Luhan but everything around her reminded her of him. When she saw glass, she remembered the glass in her house that Luhan broke when he dropped it clumsily. When she saw the leaf, she'd remember his birthday that was on the 20th of April. 420. 

More importantly, when she passed by video game stores, she'd remember how much he loved video games. 

Video games, the very thing that tore them apart.

Or was it?

Luhan was back in the arms of his friends, more importantly Seohyun.He and Seohyun were sweeter than ever, as their friends had expected. They had known that Luhan had the hugest crush on Seohyun, did almost anything for her. Cross streets, dodge buses, just to follow her. This was before he met Yoona. When he met Yoona, he got distracted for a while but it seemed as though his heart really belonged to Seohyun. No matter what he did, no matter how  much he tried to be serious with Yoona, he found his heart drifting back to Seohyun.

Seohyun was everything Yoona wasn't. A good girl, smart, beautiful, ambitious, talented. Yoona was just smart. Otherwise, Yoona could easily be dismissed and labeled as a bad influence. Smoker, drunk, occasional drug user, party girl. Yoona was just smart and other times lucky.

No wonder Luhan drifted  back to Seohyun. She was all he wanted in a woman. Not Yoona. No wonder he couldn't tell anyone about them. She was but a second option, a getting-over method.

But now that he and Seohyun were in speaking terms, Yoona was set aside and totally forgotten. 

Not if someone had anything to do about it. 

[THAT EVENING]

Yoona was alone in front of her computer, sipping tea and scrolling down on her Cyworld account. She tried to look for Luhan's page and hopefully stalk him, message him or something but she held back.

Why should I be stalking him? Why should I even be paying any attention to him? I'm not important to him. He doesn't call, doesn't text, doesn't respond to my messages, hasn't shown his face in days. What does he expect me to feel? To show him? 

He's not worth my time. Yoona declared to herself.

But not all hope was lost. There was another one...

Hi. 

She received a text from an old friend. Sehun. 

Hey there! Yoona replied. 

Do you still remember me? 

Yes! Yes I still do! Yoona smiled like a fool while responding to his message. She and Sehun were classmates in college and were now texting each other. Sehun was Luhan's friend but didn't know that Yoona and Luhan were dating.

How have you been?

I've been okay. Yoona's reply was quite pretentious. She wasn't okay. She felt hurt, neglected, betrayed, fooled.

I've been cool too. Say, you have gotten a whole lot prettier. 

Thanks. Yoona blushed at the compliment. 

This might seem rather...uhm...rushed but I'd like to hang out with you. Are you seeing anyone? Yoona was shocked at the question. She had no idea that other people had seen her in a beautiful light. Flattered, Yoona felt tempted to lie.

What if I tell him that I'm single? Would he buy it? 

I can't. I'm in a relationship.

No you're not! You're a sweetie call! A secret girlfriend. An embarassment.

This became Yoona's motivation to lie. 

No. I'm not seeing anyone :) she replied with a smile, leading Sehun to believe that she really was single.

Want to hang out sometime?

I'd love to. Wait, just us? Yoona wanted to know. She hoped that it would be with Luhan and his friends (including Seohyun) so he could see that he wasn't a big deal to her. He wasn't her loss, rather it was the other way around.

We'll chill with Luhan and the rest. You know them? 

Yoona smirked and smiled slyly upon receiving the message.

No. I'd love to meet them.