I.

Sweetie Call

Sweetie Call

-a term used to pertain to a relationship kept secret for reasons including unresolved issues with an ex, embarrassments with regards to family life, avoidance of raising suspicion. 

[I kinda just made this up cause I'm a er. oh well]

"Hey honey, I'll be coming over tonight, alright?" said Luhan. He was calling his girlfriend of 5 months Im Yoona on the phone. 

"Alright honey. I'll be expecting you alright. Love you." Yoona replied before hanging up.

"I love you too." Luhan said. He kept his phone in his pocket and continued to play Call of Duty. 

Yoona and Luhan had been together for 5 months. When they first met, they knew that they were each other's perfect match. Luhan enjoyed almost everything Yoona was interested in. Yoona's smarts and quirky personality were what won Luhan over. Yoona, who had never been pursued by a guy, felt sparks immediately after their first meeting. Luhan on the other hand, expressed extreme interest so he knew he had to see her again.

A few more visits later and this was what happened. 

"D.O!" Luhan called. "One more game. I'mma make it good this time." he said after feeling sour because he lost the first round. 

"Alright. I can still go til 8!" D.O. said. The two got their game faces on and started to play.

[MEANWHILE]

Yoona was at home, chilling all by herself while watching TV. Friday was the day that she expected Luhan to spend time with her. It was their agreed day. 

Where the hell is Luhan?! I thought he said he'd come. Yoona frustratingly grunted in her mind. Part of her wanted to flood him with messages and call him, ask him where he was while part of her was too shy to.

Yoona, no. That's clinginess. Do not do that! 

Luhan made it clear to Yoona that he detested clingy women, from experience from his ex-girlfriend. In her desire to kepp him by her side for a long time, Yoona promised that she would never be clingy.

But in situations like this, her urge to cling on and desperately search for him was arising.

No. Do not call him. Do not text him. Keep in mind. If he wants to see you, he will make a way. 

Yoona glanced from time to time at her phone. No messages, no calls. She was getting nervous.

What if he doesn't show up?  What if he dumped me secretly? What if he ran off with Seohyun and just left me here...

Paranoid thoughts were starting to flood her head but Yoona tried to get them out. She didn't want negativity to fill her head, thus pouring them out in the relationship.

You know what happened between you and your ex. You don't want that to happen again. You don't want to lose a guy because of your paranoia. No. Stop. Just let it slide. If he wants to come, let him. If he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to. 

It was this independent thought that got Yoona through the night. 

7 pm. 7:30 pm. 8 pm. 8:30 pm. 

Where the could this guy be?! The thoughts were flooding Yoona's head again. 

However, it all calmed down when she heard her ringtone and saw that she had a text from Luhan.

Hey honey, I'll be there at around 9 okay. I'm on my way. I'm walking right now

But in reality, Luhan was just finishing up one last round of World of Warcraft, a different game. He had been in the computer shop for 8 hours already. 

Okay. I'll be waiting for you Yoona replied. She had no idea she was being lied to. 

Luhan was trying his hardest to win this round so he could go and meet Yoona. He had already lied to her by saying that he was walking and on his way whereas in reality, he barely left D.O.'s house.

"One more round, man. C'mon!" D.O. teased. He was winning the game and had his adrenaline pumped to win another.

"Nah, I gots to go bro." Luhan said, feeling somewhat obligated and dragged down. He wanted to play another round, but he had Yoona to go to. 

"Why? I thought you weren't on curfew?" asked D.O. Luhan paled and thought of an excuse. 

"I'm not." he semi-stuttered. "I'm...uh...I have to go back and check if my siblings are ok." he said. It was late at night and D.O. was quite groggy from gaming so shrugging was his only response. 

"Alright. I'll see you when I see you." D.O. said. Luhan smiled and rushed out the door. 

He promised 9 pm he'd be there. It was 9:05 and he still wasn't there.