Chapter 4

Paper Hearts

Luhan didn't want to wake up because he was so comfortable in bed... bed?
He nearly fell out of bed when he noticed how close Sehun's face was to his. "aish, I must have slept.. he could have left me there.." Luhan thought as he brought his hand to brush Sehun's features. "It's only five in the morning, maybe I could make breakfast for him before work." 

Sehun woke up to a loud bang that came from the kitchen. The young man wasn't next to him like he hoped he was and stumbled out of bed. 

There stood Luhan on the counter top with a frying pan at hand to arm himself. On the verge of tears, Luhan saw Sehun and wanted to reach out to him like a child.

The sight itself almost killed Sehun with adorableness.

"Luhan, can you explain to me what happened?" Sehun asked as he walked closer to Luhan
Sehun took the young man by the waist and brings him down to sit on the chair. The boy held on to Sehun to dear life, afraid of Sehun dropping him but that would never happen. "I was going to make breakfast but I saw a... "
He pulled Sehun close and whispered into the man's ear "a spider" 

Sehun dropped his head on Luhan's shoulder to keep the boy from seeing his face. He couldn't hold in the laughter any longer and dropped to the floor, clutching his stomach. Luhan realized how childlike he sound and kicked (lightly) Sehun in the shins before walking to the bathroom. 

When he came back, breakfast was served courtesy to Sehun's cooking skills, breakfast wasn't just eggs. Sehun walked out of the bedroom with a crooked tie, on purpose? possibly
"Luhan, help me with my tie please?" Sehun called out from the front door
He see Luhan walking cautiously towards him and fixed the tie silently without making eye contact
"you know, I've been thinking that you don't find me attractive anymore" Sehun said as he looked at the boy
Luhan couldn't face Sehun after the morning incident, he went to the bathroom before to calm himself and cursing at his pride that is slipping away. He was about to retort when Sehun brought his hands to his face and made him look up to meet Sehun's eye
"I'll be back soon love" with that said, Sehun ruffled Luhan's hair and walked out of the complex 
Is he going through cardiac arrest? Luhan walked to the couch and just dropped dead there. 
"I need help. This can not be serious Luhan! NO STRINGS ATTACHED." His mind screamed at him but Luhan couldn't help but wander, does Sehun like him or is this all an act for his benefit?

It was noon when Kris called him to the company for the makeover of his life. There was already a car waiting for him at the front as Kris promised him. When he got to the company, Baekhyun immediately dragged him to the studio where Luhan felt was a million years before the staff before him, looked at him like it was their greatest accomplishment.
"You look stunning." Baekhyun said with a glint in his eye
Luhan looked at the mirror and couldn't believe his own eyes. He became a women. 
With long brown curls down his face and dressed in a simple hoodie and skinny jeans, he looks like a  member of girl generation. 

Baekhyun decided to show off his doll aka Luhan to everyone in the company and even fooled some staff members 
"You really look like a girl Luhan" Chen said and everyone nodded in agreement
Luhan huffed at the comment, he didn't want to be called a girl but.. he did feel pretty..
"Would Sehun like it? I mean ... I am his play doll wife right now" Luhan asked
"Is he treating you right? I swear, if he lay a hand on you, you know where to kick right? RIGHT IN THE-" Kris would have finished his sentence if it weren't for Tao's kick in the arse.
"I mean.. he did grab me but-"
That's when Kyungsoo's and Suho's motherly instincts comes out and starts voicing out threats against Sehun
Kai hugged Kyungsoo and the shorter one relaxed in his arms. Kyungsoo looked up to give Kai a reassurance smile and Kai's embrace tightens. 
Suddenly Kris's phone rings and he immediately excused himself. Baekhyun looked at Kris's disappearing frame, Tao noticed and wrapped his arms around the younger's shoulders. "Everything is going to be okay" Tao whispered.
The call was probably another offer for Chanyeol or Kai to travel some place far. If Kai goes, surely Kyungsoo would follow because the young model refused to be photographed by anyone buy Kyungsoo. If it's Chanyeol, he'll leave without a word because nothing held him back here. Even though they share the apartment together, it felt like only Baekhyun lived there because Chanyeol is barely home. Sometimes he felt like his friendship with Chanyeol is just slipping as time goes on. 

Luhan was driven back home by Kris and everyone went back to their respective homes. Kris and Tao had an important dinner with some magazines editors. Kyungsoo was invited to eat out with Kai and Chen and Xiumin at Suho's cafe. This left Baekhyun to go home, where he knows a certain giant won't be there. Luhan decided to stay in his wig because he particularly like it and waited for Sehun to approve of his makeover. He was feeling butterflies as time goes on. 

Baekhyun arrived home and closed the door with a soft click. The lights in the apartment were dimmed and large sneakers were placed next to his slippers. The giant was home for once. He hears a loud chuckle from Chanyeol's room and it pains him, they barely laugh in each other's presence anymore. 
Try to remember all the good times. 
I really hope you didn't forget about it..

He went to his bedroom and plopped down on his bed. It's been long since he slept on his own bed because they use to just sleep on Chanyeol's after long movie nights they used to have. Tao said that Chanyeol has to go to Switzerland for a sports magazine cover next week. A week to get his stuff together... 
Baekhyun decided, he has to move on. 

Luhan ended up sleeping on the couch waiting for Sehun to come home from his monthly meeting. Sehun came home hoping to just hug the boy and sleep with Luhan in his embrace only to be greeted by a sleeping beauty on the couch
I should really thank Baekhyun..why are you so beautiful Luhan? How are you related to that Canadian weirdo?
" .. You worked hard Luhan-ah... " Sehun said softly as he pet Luhan's hair.
The boy stirred in his sleep and open his eyes, "welcome home Sehunnie, do you like it?" Luhan said cutely
"Are you trying to seduce me?" Sehun said as the Boy slowly moved up to rest his head on Sehun's shoulder
"Kris said you have been warned and needs to pay a fine of $1000 for touching me" Luhan yawn as he spoke
"But you're touching me now, so does this mean you're going to be fined too?" 
Sehun chuckled as the boy tensed up and sprung out of his embrace
"Yah! I thou-"
"You look stunning by the way" Sehun said as he gestured Luhan to come closer
Luhan hung his head and mumbled a soft thank you but didn't go closer to him.
"There's 20 days left before the dinner... what do we do in the meantime?" Luhan asked as he went to the kitchen, didn't notice the disappointment on Sehun's face when he mentioned the limited time they have
Pulling out the cereal and milk, they ate in silence when Sehun spoke
"When do you start school? I mean, are you going to go as a girl or a guy?"
Luhan spoke to Kris and Tao already that he'll go as a girl to make everything easier but on his ID, he's listed as a guy
"I start in two days...as a girl but I'm lisited as a guy in the roster so I don't know what to do" 
"You're going to Ferrero College with Baekhyun right? I can change it so no one would notice" Sehun said calmly
"You can do what now?!?" Luhan stopped eating and looked at Sehun
"I know people, I said I'm going to take care of you and I keep my word"
Luhan didn't like depending on others and he was in debt to a lot of his friends already. 
He washed their dishes and was contempt to ask Sehun if he should get a job too. He went the living room where Sehun was drinking water by the couch. 
Silently sitting himself next to Sehun, "Sehunnie..."
"You really like calling me don't you?" Sehun asked as he pinched Luhan's nose
Luhan rubbed his nose and mumbled "I want to work"
"You don't have to. I can provide for the both of us, unless you think I'm incompetent" 
"But I feel like I'm in debt to all of you and I want to treat you guys to stuff too, even Xiumin think I can go model for a friend of his. He said the pay is really good!"
"But.. I don't- , do you even have time ? You have school now"
Luhan was now on his knees, tugging on Sehun's shirt adorably and has these irresistible doe-like eyes
"can we talk about this later?" with that said he got up to the bathroom to take a long cold shower.
Luhan, you have to stop being so adorable! You're going to be the death of me..