Prank War

All Play, No Work
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03 - Prank War

I've only been here for a few days, but I have to admit, I'm finally getting the hang of things. Not only have I successfully managed to remain out of Kyung's radar (apparently, as long as there's a female in sight, he doesn't seem to care). I don't know if I should be disappointed or not. He really knows how to make a girl feel special, doesn't he?

The mornings are pretty quiet, for the most part, since most of the employees can't be bothered to show up until one or two hours after the time they're supposed to show up (but that seems to only be on on really productive days).

Which is why I was so surprised to see that I was one of the last ones to arrive today.

Jittery bodies swarm around every inch of space, and I almost want to turn around and go back home when I'm practically shoved into the wall on my way to my desk. I didn't even realize we had that many employees to begin with.

By the time I finally sit down in my desk, I have several dozen pairs of eyes on me, staring me down like hawks. I don't even know half of these people. 

"I'm watching you, New Girl," a man tells me as he passes by to the copy machine, lifting his coffee mug up to his lips. The others around him nod along, failing to be as intimidating.

"Just because you're new, doesn't mean you're not in the green," another woman chimes in from her desk on the other side of the room. She lifts her chin up and tries her best attempt at a stare down, but she's as intimidating as a pomeranian puppy. At this point, I can't help but glare back, even if I don't have the slightest clue what the hell she and her friend were talking about. 

"Watch yourself, New Girl! No one's safe!"

 

 

Once I get back to my desk from the copy room, my straightened locks - which take a hell of a long time to style, might I add - are now tugged and pulled into a tangled mess that could easily compete with my effortless bed head. Wonderful. Just ing wonderful.

I pat down the mess into what can pass of as decent, and fall back into my seat, feeling as if a ton of bricks have been lifted off of my feet. Bomi looks over from her screen in amusement, looking not all that surprised by my 'through hell and back' face. "Not your morning, huh. It's always like this on the first day."

"First day?" I give her a look, but she holds a finger as she answers a call on the phone. After a few seconds of back and forth 'uh-huh's, Bomi gets up from her seat and looks at me, pointing her chin to somewhere down the hall. 

"Yukwon says that he needs to see us."

Well, Yukwon, this better be good. If not, I'll have your head by noon.

With a stressed groan, I get up off my seat and follow her.

 

 

Bomi does a good job of leading me past the crowds of people, only barely looking up from her phone as she walks. They all part for her like the Red Sea, which makes me confused because they all seem to want to be in my face. 

"So, is Yukwon in finances like Kyung and Taeil?" I ask, wondering why his office is so damn far from theirs.

She takes a sharp turn left, and I need to jog to keep up with her. "Uh, no, not quite. Yukwon's just an intern, but he and Jihoon share a small office at the east wing of the building. The company has a crapload of spare rooms, so it's not that difficult to score a free one. Even Jaehyo has one, and he's a janitor."

Jaehyo, I think, remembering the cute boy who I hadn't been seeing much on my trips on the bus. With a pretty face like his, he's probably off to some fancy photoshoot in Milan or something. He definitely has the face for it.  

A few blisters later, and we end up in front of a door with a sloppily made sign slapped onto its face. (If you can count a binder paper with scribbles on it a sign. Yukwon and Jihoon (Go Away Kyung).

Yukwon finally answers the door, but only after Bomi does some elaborate knock. "It's the chorus of Gee by SNSD," Bomi explains, and I snap my fingers in realization. "Sounded familiar!" 

Yukwon's head pops through the crack of the door and he looks over our heads before finally giving us a nod of approval. "Hurry and come in here."

Another guy's already in the room when we walk in, reclining on a chair with his head hanging over the headrest. It's only when he sits up and looks at Bomi and me do I finally see the resemblance to the Alaskan ice fisher. 

Bomi beams immediately. I haven't seen her this happy. "Minhyuk!"

After a quick introduction, which I can tell Yukwon's growing impatient from, we finally sit down on his obnoxiously red sofa and give him our undivided attention. It's almost scary how fast his expression picks up once he realizes the attention's back on him. 

"As you all know, today welcomes this year's week long Prank Wars event. This is even more im

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter