Answers to Questions, Questions to Answers

All Play, No Work
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02 - Answers to Questions, Questions to Answers

I rush back to my desk, sliding into my chair with my head down under my hand. "What the heck was that message about?"

Bomi looks up from her computer, raising an eyebrow. "I take it you were seduced by our dazzling Casanova? Don't beat yourself up about it, it happens to the best of us." 

I tie back up my hair, suddenly feeling like a mess. "You were seduced too? Well, I wasn't seduced, but that's besides the point. You act like this is as normal as puberty."

It's then that I noticed the man sitting on the desk, legs swung around on Bomi's side with a lollipop shoved in his mouth. His glasses slide down his tiny face, and he has to push it up the bridge of his nose, though it's really no use when it slides back down seconds later. "Bomi, who's this?"

"Oh, God no! He's my cousin, that's nasty," she grimaces at my statement, her face recoiling. Then, turning to the guy on the edge of her desk, she points her chin in my direction, "Taeil, this is Dahee. Dahee, this is Taeil. Taeil works in finances like Kyung. Dahee works in reception like me."

Taeil smiles, taking his lollipop out to speak. "Pleasure. Now, who are we talking about?"

Bomi smirks, shaking her head like a disappointed parent. "Who else? Kyung."

Taeil chuckles, as if by name alone, he can assume the entire story. "Yeah, it's pretty impossible for a woman to leave Kyung's office un-seduced. It happens, but what else can you do about it besides let it be."

"Then why did you send me in there?" I whine to Bomi, fixing my jacket. "Why didn't you send me into Zico's instead?"

"Oh, man," Taeil shakes his head giving me a sympathetic frown, "I'd rather be seduced by Kyung than be caught in Zico's line of fire. She made the right choice sending you to Kyung's."

"See," Bomi says, giving me a pointed look. I feel like an idiot having to figure all of this out on my own when it all could've been avoided so easily. 

I lower my voice, eyeing them carefully. "Is that like Kyung's hobby? He just seduces people for fun?"

Taeil supresses a chuckle, short legs swinging back and forth against the filing cabinet.

Bomi looks at him, that teasing smirk of hers carving wider on her face. I don't like the anticipation of this all. "Do you want to do the honors or shall I?"

"It would be my pleasure," Taeil says, scooting closer to me with an excited bounce in his shoulders. He takes out his lollipop and shoves it in Bomi's mouth. She doesn't seem to mind that his slobber is all over it, and rolls her eyes like it happens everyday.

As Taeil's about to start, drawing an exaggerated breath into his cherry red lips, a giant box drops down onto the counter, making everyone flinch. He almost falls back onto my computer screen. Thankfully, he doesn't.

He turns around and beams a paper clip at the person behind the package, a tall boy with bright red hair pushed down under a cap. "Jihoon!"

The boy named Jihoon bites back a smile, retrieving a ballpoint pen from behind his ear. He doesn't seem to mind that an army of paperclips are being flung into his face. Maybe this happens everyday, too. He raises a clipboard up to Taeil. "Do you want me to put your delivery in your office or do you want it now?"

Taeil beams the last paperclip even harder than the others. "Anywhere away from my face."

Jihoon remains unfazed by the coment and instead hands over the clipboard, pressing his pen to the clip. "I need your signature first, Mr. Lee."

"Jesus, okay," Taeil grumbles, scribbling furiously on the signature line, "is that enough for you?"

"Yup," Jihoon grins, popping the end of his 'p' as he shoves the clipboard in his cart. He picks up and strolls away with Taeil's box tucked safely under his arm, cheerfully whistling some pop tune through the office.

"The one time he actually does his job," Taeil exhales, shaking his head as if that whole moment shaved off a few years of his life. "Now, as I was saying, Kyung is-"

"Who's this you're talking about?"

Taeil looks over his shoulder to the man with sandy blond hair, leaning over the counter with his long-sleeved shirt rolled up to his elbows. Taeil turns back, ruling the man less important than the conversation. "Park Kyung."

"I thought I noticed the post-Kyung seduction blush," the unfamiliar man smirks, pointing towards my cheeks. I defensively cover them. That can't be true. "Is this the new girl? Heard he fired Suni but didn't think he'd have a new one so quickly."

Seriously, what is up with Kyung? As of now, his track record isn't doing much to paint the best image in my mind. 

"She's not the new secretary, Yukwon," Bomi corrects. "Her name is Dahee, and she's a new receptionist."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter