Oxygen(O2) - Chapter 3

Oasis

Oxygen Chapter 3

 

 

“ you know dear young mistress, this is probably the stupidest grounds for a research expedition but uncle still bought it “

Yuri rolled her eyes.

“ your  point unnie? “ Sulli piped in, whilst helping Yuri pack.

“ either uncle loves her too much to buy that orrrrr ….he is giving you time to roam around before you finally get tied up with Mr wealthy – high statured – husband – to be “

Yuri once again rolled her eyes, but more violent, almost as if her eyes would roll out of her sockets.

Sulli nodded before piping in again;

“ I’ve only heard stories about them ..you know myth – but, I don’t know “ she shook her head in loss of words.

“ me too, when I hear the word fish or sea creatures my mind only pours with so many relevant things like; sweet and spicy shrimp sauce, steamed, grilled, deep fried – oohhh it gives me the shivers “

Sulli slapped her forehead at her hopeless unnie’s remark.

 

Faint sound of bubbles, hazy visions of the underwater ambiance, powerful currents of water slowly crushing the life out of her as the only thing she did out of panic when she fell into the water was struggle, move about her limbs forcefully, which was definitely not a good idea.

It didn’t take long till the bad idea finally caught up to her, finally having all her obscured senses zapped out of her.  

 She was about to have another passing away reminiscing sequence but –

-she soon found herself awake ..alive once again, her heart raced from the effect of feeling the powerful beams of sunlight sizzle through her eyes,

How….?

Slowly she raised her hand to cover her face from the sun, it was real.

Somebody pinch me

She wanted to disprove herself, but what she sees next to her hands –

Ah! – “ oh god! Tell me this ain’t real! – tell me I’m dead instead! “

“ Poseidon?! Was it! You’re god! “

 


“ please don’t hurt me! Orr eat me! “

“ or stab me with your trident! Or have me eaten by your weird sea creatures! “

The young princess believed the more she tried to reach or raise her hand in calm greeting and surrender, the more the human, known as Kwon Yuri, scurries away from her and sputters nonsense.

Overreacting would have been the perfect word, but Yoona was still too selfless to say so or put it that way, even after all the hurt this melodramatic land creature caused her.

Though Yoona had a safe distance away from Yuri considering the hurtful fact that she is a racist, the melodrama just won’t stop, and it was becoming annoying.

A couple of gasps and limbs throwing about in fright and Yoona decided to wait for the human to run out of vigor.

But instead of running out of energy, her proud chauvinistic mouth supplemented the annoyance.

“ creature of malice – be gone! “

And that was it for the marine royalty’s patience, in just one last unmoving glance at Yuri she turned around and dove into the water.

Yuri was more of shocked rather than be delighted at her abrupt prayers, who knew she would really be gone, she sat there motionless initially, waiting for …things ..or the creature of malice to come out of the water again.

But as minutes turned to dreaded apprehending stretches, Yuri was getting edgy, finally realizing that she was in an oddly secluded cove, she didn’t know what to do at first.

Asking herself subconsciously, is this the part where I shout for help? Or just plain scream? or…or…

She looked around, although the place was heavenly beautiful, white sand, crystal sparkling water, melody of the unpolluted ambience of the cove – she still was afraid to be alone in such a place, where of course considering so many facts that if summed up, she couldn’t live for even a day in this ironic paradise.

…oh dear …She sat still

Oh…dear ….god…her breathing was getting heavy

This ..ain’t ..right she looked around nervously.

..help? ..Pride was still instilled in her thick skull, so instead of calling for the most plausible existence around,

“ HELLLPPPPPP!!!! Royal Navy! Admiral Choi! Admiral Kwon! “ the poor proud Kwon shouted, as if any able bodied living creature was near, though she really had such relatives.

 

Returning to the mermaid’s rescue….

Yoona was actually on an errand to negotiate with a gradually morphing typhoon, (yes they talk and all that jazz), to not go over several regions that will be having gatherings and a couple of lands that are scarce in food, but instead on her way something fell right on top of her – someone she didn’t want to see.

But the sea gods have a way of toying with her feelings she concluded, when initially she wasn’t supposed to care and just push on to her errand, and that was when she had just learned that her human wasn’t able to swim, as soon as her conscience kicked in she rushed for her aid and pulled her to land, even waiting for her to get back to her senses, unfortunately she doesn’t remember anything that happened, even the reason for her fall.

There was a struggle she had gone through during her rescue especially when she waited for her to wake up and having to stay in close quarters with her, involuntarily examining her breathing, having no control of her eyes that always tend to adhesively look at her humanoid’s facial features but her mind forced her to think of the hurt and all that came along with it that had been brought by this human, and it won over whatever wonderfully confusing gravity she had with Kwon Yuri.

 

 

“ …please….”

“ help ….somebody… “

Exhaustion had finally taken its peak on Yuri, after being able to limp around and out of experience from such situations, being stranded on an island, her strength had finally ran low, fortunately including her pride and all the chauvinist attitude that goes with it.

She resorted to calling for that certain sea creature’s help, for hours already, but none seemed to be heard.

“ uh …creature of the sea? – If I may call upon your rescue? “ she tried being as prompt as WHAT she thinks the mermaid’s kin spoke.

….Nothing….

Like melting ice, that was how she literally and figuratively felt and looked like.

“ …good heavens….”

She could barely keep her shoulders upright, but she struggled to drag her weakening body about.

 

 = = = =

 

“ now where could that hurricane be? “

For such a gigantic havoc wrecking existence not to be in sight, it was impossible, but what was possible was the multiple reasons for it not be there; one was it dissipated which is somewhat a relief for Yoona, two was it could have moved somewhere else, three – conscience was eating her focus, every period she fills her mind with errands or things irrelevant to that land creature she left – alone also knowing nothing is barely edible on that island nor does she know how to swim, those were what all that naturally surges in her brain.

She cringed in frustration and swam elsewhere, hoping to find the supposedly brewing typhoon.

Where – she sees an empty horizon

Where – sees dolphins chasing each other, probably flirting

Where – seagulls flying about

She tried her best to occupy her brain again – but as she coincidentally spotted a random island, images of the so many hazardous possibilities Yuri could get into surged in her thoughts.

Aeeeshhh! – she forced her eyes shut trying to shake off the thought.

It didn’t take long again for contradicting thoughts to gush in.

Jessica unnie says I should just focus on what I am, being the princess of the region – watching out for my people and ..it’s neighbors…..? she reminisced on her most recent errand, which indeed included land creatures, caring for them at that.

And here she is evading a helpless land creature, leaving her to fend for herself in the unknown where SHE, Yoona knows best what’s in her surroundings.

Aeeeshh – she turned around and swam as fast as she can to where she left the human.

 

= = = =

 

Finally arriving, she couldn’t believe her eyes, it was one of her biggest fears, a visibly lifeless sprawled body on the sand, guilt quickly ate her being as she quickly swam to the body.

“ no.no.no.no.no “

She anxiously looked around the body for signs of life, breathing, eye twitching, but it was quickly replied with grimness.

“ oh please no! “

Having the ability to crawl around on land, Yoona quickly rested her head unto Yuri’s chest, inching her ears, hoping to hear at least a faint beating.

??? – it was chorus of confused and shocked gasps, since as soon as Yoona heard a beat, Yuri had woken up and out of shock, quickly lifting Yoona off her chest, holding her face dangerously close to hers.

Yoona had only both her wide doe eyes in reply at the sudden closeness, but Yuri on the other had a very different comment, opposite from the ones she had said before.

“ .. wow… “  she was astonished….

 

 

TBC

Repliess…..and..now it’s hard to trace which ones commented on which fic…ehe. Sorry bout that, I’ll fix that, but now, I’ll just high five and give hugs and kisses to those who commented to my recent update here which is a one shot ;) you guys are awesome! Lovablemischief X0 – yoonyulid X0 – Syn_3apple  X0– KwonNessieX0 ~