Breathing - 2

Oasis

Chapter 2 – Breathing

Sorry bout the bits of Gore ;p – I love apple sauce!

 

A puff of exhalation filled the already congested air in a coffee shop; it was none other than Eunhyuk, his expression clearly tells his frustrated, scratching his head once more, then his best buddy, Buck had enough –

“ – ow .. “ Yoona palmed his head.

“ stop it – it’s annoying “ she finally said it, after hanging around the coffee shop, taking their short times off, ironically all that Eunhyuk did was complain about their tasks getting pettier; after the pawnshop mishap, all they get to be tasked for were deliveries.

“ alright I’ll stop – but can’t you even notice how powerful you are for your physique? “ Eunhyuk gestured his eyes at Yoona.

Yoona didn’t take it too nicely though, stomping on his foot under the table, making the latter yelp out in pain again.

“ seriously?! – Buck – owww! “

After Eunhyuk massaged his sore foot, he took notice of the pre occupied Yoona, she had been staring deeply to just about everywhere recently and it scaring him that it was all too new.

She was always known to be playful around her brothers and never interested outside their group, and she always hated crowded places, and oddly again recently she had been inviting him to hang out in a crowded coffee shop.

“ pssst – what’s buzzing Buck’s brain recently? “ speaking in third person was one of the ways Eunhyuk could get his buddy to talk, ease down the mood or lift whatever burden at present.

Yoona looked up at her buddy’s questioning gaze, and then looked back at black hole of a coffee cup, as she had been staring at it longer than anything else.

“ nothing….. “ she muttered.

Making Eunhyuk roll his head around in frustration,

“ aaw come on….., Hyukie is worried….. and THAT barely happens so please tell Buck to talk or else – “

“ – can’t… I dunno how to say it or blurt it out yet …. “ she finally spoke.

 

Eunhyuk or commonly known to their underworld as Leech, took a relieved sigh,

“ so you’re admitting that there’s something… “

Yoona only nodded whilst staring and stirring her coffee.

“ thanks – “ said Leech as he patted Buck’s back.

“ wae? “

“ at least you still trust me … “ he finally blurted out.

Yoona smirked at the same time shaking her head, she found it funny how hard it is to tell if her best buddy is troubled as well, she felt relieved when he finally released some of his burden, she anticipated that it was of the fiasco that made him a liability lately, but Yoona reassured him so many times that it wasn’t him at all, that caused the mishap, she explained that being in their line of business means things like those are always expected.

 

= = = =

 

Before midnight, retrieve stolen stash, location – under the mid tram station

Yoona scrolled the text message further, nothing else; she huffed before placing the mobile back to her pocket.

She took a bundle of change from her pocket then gave it to the vendor, whom she had been having transactions for weeks, “ – here “

“ thank you …miss “ the vendor smiled widely.

The Vendor waved Yoona goodbye and as she left the premises carrying her item along with her,

“ ..oh. how generous “ she counted the exact payment excluding the bundle of surplus.

 

= = = =

 

“ good evening Ms. Kwon “ the front desk employee greeted her.

Buck nodded, beaming at her then reached for the visitors pass the employee gave her.

 

“ how’s she? “

“ she’s recovering a lot faster than we expected “ the nurse replied a while ago.

On the way to a particular individual hospital ward, Yoona held the bouquet of flowers closer to her chest, it was a way to calm her raging heartbeat, a habit she does only recently, she had her heart beat racing multiple times but the only solution she knows is to smoke it down, as she grew up with brothers doing the same.

“ thank…..goodness…. “ she responded.

A few more steps towards the door and Yoona gulped in all her anxiousness, she couldn’t take it yet –

“ although she’s still unconscious “ The present nurse finally said it.

She sighed right after, but then she felt relieved as well knowing the patient won’t be able to see her yet, and so many raging fears and assumptions racing in her whole mind and nerves, making her heart pump faster than when she gave eye contacts to her head counts.

Gripping the doorknob and swaying it open, she felt her heart being crumpled, most probably from the clash of her pessimism and optimism since she still hopes that one day; she would be greeted by those puppy looking eyes – and this time around with life surging through them, but why would she want that? the very first time she rushed the blood soaked victim in the Emergency Room all she could think of was leave right after, but as the staff told her to wait while they look for contacts, she had no other choice but to pretend as her sister, apparently her wallet was stolen at the time of the incident, she was pretty sure it wasn’t her, half – heartedly admitting that she’s a thief, luckily they found her driver’s license separated, hidden in her pocket.

Being in a world infested with ragged beliefs, Yoona never sees the actual humanity in anyone and in the very beings she’s with, but recently every time she visits the creation of her compassion, overwhelming enigmatic warmth drains all the ruthlessness in her and the world she’s cursed with.

A smile gradually formed on her face, which barely happens as well, as she laid eyes on the patient sound asleep, still with heavy life support wirings.

She looked around the room, inspecting if there were changes, as far as she knows she’s the only one who knows about this and the whole incident, reminiscing how she forcefully hit Eunhyuk’s nape with the of her gun to keep him off the witness list on how she rushed her own victim to the hospital.

With all her efforts of keeping the whole incident to hers and the attending nurses and doctors, she was successful; no one had called of Ms. Kwon Yuri being missing.

She carefully stacked the bouquet of flowers on the many vases she had purchased and displayed on the provided shelf, ever since she first visited her frustrated homicide fatality, sad and gruesome to confront but it is the truth, she had shot her in cold blood but a twist came about that very occurrence, something was slowly being drawn, filled, torn, deep inside of her.

“ …hey…. “ she greeted the unconscious patient, whilst sitting down on the provided chair beside her.

She stared at her hands before talking again, a habit she does when anxious.

“ how are you? still breathing? Well…good for you … “

“ …aeesshh – I really at this huh… “ she ruffled her hair in frustration, she kind of admitted that she lacked the people skills, genuine talking skills, for the reason that she was only used to intentional social skills, either after seducing the client of her so called skills she bleeds, shoots, strangles or do whatever the boss commanded.

She sighed, and then stared at the patient’s serene features, she hardly appreciates humanity itself, but she had to admit this one was a head turner, only in her case she only felt that appreciation when her near death expression greeted her agitated self.

“ …so..today…., was …another boring day…. ? day… “ she corrected herself.

“ me and my best friend Leech played basketball then went out for a coffee…and…then…I bought you flowers ……again .. “

“ I’m sorry if ever..they’re not your favorite… “  

“ ….aeeesshhh “ frustration was getting into her head again, she had started talking to Yuri, the result of her crime and compassion weeks ago, but she assumes that it wasn’t good enough, good enough to talk to the real Yuri – conscious Yuri.

But then again why was she preparing for such an event? Her only motive here was to see to it that she recovers then before she even lays consciousness on her she leaves, but some things are easier said than done, or in her case planned.

She hadn’t planned to grow emotionally close to her already; sadly it was a one sided fascination.

All of her frustrations were going erratic once again, she sighed exaggeratedly then laid her forehead on the bed, and unbeknownst to her Yuri’s right hand was rested close, making her temple hit the back of Yuri’s hand –

“ ackkk! “ making her panic, jumping out of her seat.

 

She looked ridiculous with one knee up and two arms stretched in the air, also conclusively ridiculous as she finds it weird and almost corrosive when she touches the unconscious Yuri, she still hasn’t found it comfortable knowingly touching her, although she carried her all the way to the hospital on her back, she just finds it unusual, as if something was tickling her insides when she touches Yuri.

“ I…uh.., I’m sorry “ she bowed rapidly, then decided to calm down, breathing in and out slowly.

As soon as she composed herself her mobile alarmed, her giddy hearted self quickly changed into a stern Buck again, it was time for another errand.

She exhaled deep and prepped her outfit before leaving, only glancing at the sleeping patient before finally closing the private ward door.

 

= = = =

 

It was another literally bloody errand for Yoona, as commanded by their leader Worm, retrieve the stolen stash and if they resist annihilate them, good thing she only had to use her brutality this time not her femininity.

“ weaklings…. “ she spat on one of the dead bodies, heavily soaked with blood.

She got annoyed as she only wanted a smooth sailing retrieval, but they even had to harass her whole gender, scrutinizing all of her natural incompetence in a man’s world, after getting poisoned with such blabber, she shot them; there were two of them, whom she met just by an empty abandoned building, and as soon as she arrived they already hooted at her.

“ 23 – 24 – 25 “ Yoona counted the several bags of said stash then placed it in her jacket, being advantageously small packaged.

She sat on one of the dead bodies’ back then pulled out her victory twigs, lighting one gently balanced on her lips.

A puff of her twigs danced around in the air, along with the aroma of blood and gun powder, nothing was more reveling at the moment.

One thing her brothers know about her killings was that she doesn’t like using guns, as they produce less blood, and when she does really need to use them she brings a sharp blade with her to toy with the shot dead bodies after.

And that was what she was about to do, slicing and dicing each of their corpses.

That night the notorious bleeder Buck had her fill of blood bath; it was something she can’t control, seeing the very potent color red, it was enticing her whole temperament.

But then again, it was something to get her mind off things; worries, all the trauma she’d been through, frustrations, it was somewhat not her fault that made her this way, it was her only way of release ever since she got into this shady business, which was from the day she was still tenderly growing her basic principles.

= = = =

 

The next morning she had woken up in her car, as usual since she never sleeps in their apartment, she finds it more serene hearing the urban noise.

She looked at her mobile phone which had a couple of missed calls and text messages in it.

“ uggh…. “ she growled at the familiar contacts, but then something caught her attention, it was a missed call from the hospital patient Kwon was admitted in, she panicked but when she saw an odd number on her text messages, she felt relieved.

It said;

“ Ms. Kwon, we apologize in advance for the informality of this method of information, but we couldn’t reach your phone through calling, and so we decided to send you a text message, it is urgent, your sister Kwon Yuri had just gained consciousness, at exactly 7:05 AM – please attend to her ASAP as she was looking for you “

Yoona’s sluggish eyes widened, a train of mixed emotions hit her and it was gradual.

“ …see…me?....”

“ ..how in seven..hells….”

She shook her head remembering as long as Yuri wakes up her undeclared contract of visiting her everyday expires.

 

TBC

 

@replies –

@mydaughterSeanleen – why thank goodness dear *wipes sweat, kekeke, you’ll find out who’s the victim in this chap! Hope you like this one too!

@Ice_Deer_722Jjang – ey there! thanks for posting a comment ;p

@kk4b_doe – ehehe – thanks for liking this better ~ ahahahaha, I guess I have to clarify more of Yoong’s relation with the gang ; P