Breathing - 3

Oasis

Breathing - Chapter 3

A bit short but I hope it helped quench my reader's thirst ;P

 

Billiards wasn’t really her game, but she had the sudden urge to play.

 

In a notorious avenue and in an underground pen, dealers, crooks, cutthroats, and every shady operative in the illegal domain could be seen hanging around there, whether they were having fun playing billiards and betting, abusing drugs, or bringing there paid women with them at the same time, there was Buck, obviously killing her time, with a death stick hanging loosely on her lips she was oddly skillful in Billiards, winning a streak of three and counting.

 

Lingering odor of drugs and smoke were turning the cramped room foggy.

 

Giggling, whispering, shouting you name it, but added with a toxic amount of prescription and psychological corruption it gets into anyone who’s not as tainted as they are and finally loosens your nerves, that’s what happened to Buck, after winning her fourth round she carelessly threw the billiard stick unto the table and grabbed her winnings from the gambling keeper.

 

The place was just like an arcade but for felons, she looked around the place again, finding a better distraction, moving unto a corner echoing with howls of seemingly battle and blood hungry folks, she found a place to stick by.

 

It was one of those bloody cage matches, one on one, no rules, the crowd can pass any weapon of their choice except the one’s spitting out heated metal slugs, and in between two howling testosterone frenzied men, Buck managed to squeeze herself in the middle, looking for a better view.

 

The unprecedented noise was starting to match with her anxiety, soothing her, seeing her bet furiously pound his fist unto his opponent’s face, seeing blood splatter to the cement, hooting noises, it was similar to a person hearing a classical music for relaxation.

 

She looked around the crowd searching for familiar faces, since it was normal for her group to have rivals, and worse of all the places, a pit where everyone in her line of business would go.

 

Matching and cleaning every face she sees in the crowd, it was a particularly blessed day since no one was in threat of her presence, scrolling back to the fight, a subtle gasp escaped from , she anxiously looked at a specific woman in the crowd; Good heavens she thought.

 

It wasn't her, stupid b*tch she cursed at her consciousness which was slowly eating her whilst getting herself distracted, she did this all on purpose, trying to get herself absorbed with whatever mind intoxicating things she could get her hands on, to no avail, as of the moment she keeps mistaking multiple women in the crowd for that particular Kwon.

 

" ..Tsk.... " she gritted her teeth thinking.

 

She actually waited four more hours to think whether she should visit her victim in the hospital, and she was only getting more frustarted with her how her body disobays her mind, she keeps seeing visions of Yuri everywhere if it wasn't her eyes, then her hearing, her barely heard yelp as she shot her in agitation, son of a b*tch.

 

It was futile, cursing, smoking it down, distracting herself with whatever she sees, nothing happens it only pushes her more to the fact that this person had already effortlessly etched in her nerv center, which she constantly builds walls for, and nothing was more frustrating than losing your feelings to someone, in

 

Buck's grown with beliefs that is.

 

Cause if you lose that then consider yourself defenseless in this world of endless hounding; distorted morals, selfishness, you name it, anything to get one's self out of the lowest ladder.

 

 

= = = =

 

 

After hours of contemplating, her accursed feet had forced it's way to the hospital, since she still blames her body for disobeying her mind.

 

A couple of more walks, trembling skips and roller coastering heart beats then she mustered all her courage to open the ward door, funny as to how much she sums up emotionally just for a ward door and she barely gives effort on disregarding a person's feelings, life, material possessions, but it was now or never she had swung the door open.

 

She gulped for the very first time in her life like a child about to be scolded by her parents for an apparent mistake.

 

She craned her neck only, keeping her body still as to not be seen if ever she's awake or she is in her line of sight.

 

Subconciously armed with her inoccent expression, she was caught of guard as she stretched her sights for another securing glance, she let out a squeal then quickly covering , what the hell was that?? she thought helplessly from her bodie's surprising jolts, she didn't know she could do such a thing but who could blame her she had just seen another person craning her neck as well glancing at her back and forth.

 

Who..?

 

Could it be?

 

Yoona hid behind the only wall that covered her from the bed's ward line of sight, she stood there for a bit then suddenly she heard a muffled giggle, but was weirdly loud enough for her to hear.

 

Her brows crumpled, is someone playing with her?

 

She stood even more still, feeling something peculiar slowly rising from her spine to her sensitive neck and ears.

 

It didn't take long for another giggle to errupt from the patient area, this time around it wasn't muffled, and Yoona's brows were only getting more troubled she couldn't understand why she was feeling burdened by it, instead of harrassed or agitated.

 

" I don't think I can play hide and seek right now, it's frustrating if I had known how cute you are earlier then maybe I have forced myself to recover "

 

Yoona's eyes widened at the realization,

 

It was her talking and not to forget giggling, playing briefly with her, how come she's this pleasant, doesn't she remember anything?
and was she....flirting with me? ack no..it could be a play to get me to come out of my hiding, sadly Yoona's socializing motor senses were not as sharp as she is when conducting her shady luring activities.

 

Stagnant in contemplating through her confusion, the patient continues to appease her out of her hiding.

 

" I see you're like a wallflower "

 

That's it Yoona thought moving out of her wall, abruptly showing herself to the patient sitting on her bed.

 

It was mutual, both could tell there was a literal but pleasant tingle gradually rising from their spine to their brain, clearly seeing each other at last, Yoona had her unusually appealing to many, benign look at Yuri, who was seemingly surprised by it.
and Yoona who barely appreciates appearances, lacked the proper words to describe how eye catching and compelling the latter was, she looks more pleasant

 

...alive..and not bleeding...

 

Compulsive awkwardness channelled through each other's nerves, no one had the courage to quickly break the atmoshpere, and it was also because of respect of not wanting to misunderstand each other whilst talking in chorus.

 

Yoona couldn't stand the guilt that was once again creeping up her peaceful state, and quickly withdraw her gaze, reverting her look to the floor, it was yet to be solved.

 

Yuri noticed the sudden drought mood from the latter and decided to speak.

 

" I'm Yuri by the way.... " her jumpy soothing tone suddenly lifted.

 

The latter only nodded head still hung low.

 

Making Yuri uneasy, thinking maybe she made things worse on how she first greeted her.

 

" thank you for...saving me "

 

That particular line changed Yoona's mood, saved??

 

" police came in an hour ago asking for my testimony but I don't remember a thing.... "

 

Authorities she thought, now she has firmer reason to stay away from Yuri, her victim, but she couldn't shake the thought also that she couldn't remember her as her shooter?

 

" I see now why the hospital believed we're sisters " she giggled after.

 

Yoona remained silent, inwardly drowning herself in her thoughts, clashing logic with the unfamiliar gladness she is basking in as of the moment.

 

Make a covert excuse and leave her for good, since she's content to see her conscious and the mere thought of authorities gives her severe allergies.

 

" you ...don't talk....or ... " Yuri was getting more worried.

 

Finally breaking into her thoughts, as she heard the bed creak.

 

What is she doing?

 

The crippled patient was forcibly reaching for something on the bedside table, and the slow Buck didn't foresee the wound she made that quickly gave a jolt to

 

Yuri as a barely apparent pained expression drew unto Yuri's face,

 

It dawned to her a while later, when Yuri had let out an uncontrolled whimper then quickly holding unto her heavily patched wound.

 

She reluctantly walked beside the patient and was disorderly looking for wherever she could touch her to appease her pain, but the problem was she exclusively has a fear of touching Yuri.

 

" ..I uuhh.. " she finally spoke, which took Yuri's attention.

 

Displaying an amazed look at her; " you can talk? "

 

Yoona was struck with confusion, is she making funny of me? or?

 

She let out a relieved sigh; " I was about to take a pencil and paper for you "

 

" I ...don't understand " Yoona pursed her lips right after, after noticing she accidentally voiced out her thoughts.

 

 " I wasn't making fun of you, I thought you were mute so ..."

 

" sorry " she shook her head whilst lowering her head in clear dissappointment.

 

An uncomfortable silence was once again brewing.

 

But Yoona felt obliged to appease the moment, her conscience taking control of her.

 

" I'm....ah " she shook her head as well, running out of words, how come this happens? it was easier with her eyes closed and asleep, it was frustrating.

 

" I ...you shouldn't move around much...see what you did to yourself a while ago? " she tried to sound as tender as possible, but it sounded commanding instead.

 

Earning her a suddenly hurt and depressed Yuri, lowering her head lower than it can seem to manage, she only wanted to hide from Yoona, which only panicked

 

Yoona a lot more, feeling nervous in so many ways, one ridicolous reason was that she remembers snapping one of her victim's heads through lowering their heads to it's limit, she gasped inwardly at the thought as well as she doesn't want the latter to feel a whole lot burdened with her.

 

She was effortlessly and unknowingly pulling Yoona's strings.

 

Yoona, out of panick and worry held Yuri's head upwards, warmly facing her, she succeeded but with the cost of a more awkward moment, eyes curiously examining each other.

 

For the second time she gulped, she didn't know what for but the latter was getting comfortable she slowly held her gently clasped hands on her face.

 

Eyes still locked unto each other, for once she didn't know how to escape such a position, withouth the use of violence that is.

 

" your hands are cold .... but oddly gives me warmth "

 

What is she getting into? Yoona could only think.

 

 

TBC

 

I'll reply to the comments later or sometime, Sorry bout the format or if there are more worse spelling errors and stuff, I'm not used to my bro's laptop *scratches head.