Private Lesson #1 - The Gentlemen

Lessons to Teach (A B1A4 Fanfic!)

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BE-" I slam my alarm clock, cursing that I now had to set it for Saturday's as well. From 1 to I guess 2, I have to give one of the member's a private lesson. I may also see them come in for extra practice and help. Who knew I would be dreading this already? Wait a minute, that was in the con section when I was going over this in my head three day's ago. God Rei, what is wrong with you? I rolled over, completely exhausted from staying up so long grading all my classes tests last night. 8: 47. Sighing, I force myself to sit up and get out of bed so I can be presentable for whichever member is going to walk through my door today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hmm...what should I make for lunch?" I walk out from my bathroom changed into some skinny jeans, along with a baby blue button down shirt. I tied my hair into a messy bun, putting on my glasses. Huh, I kinda look like your stereotypical librarian. I quickly grab ingredients to make some BokkEum, fried fish cakes with a little soy sauce. One of my favorite dishes to make for lunch. It's so quick and easy. Grabbing a knife, I cut the fish cakes into long thin slices, putting them onto my already hot pan. I add a few other vegetables, noticing a made a little too much. I guess I'm a little off today.

"Ding Dong!" My head turns to the door. He's here already? It's an hour early! The secretary said that he would be here at one...unless maybe I misheard. I was half asleep when she called me last night. I fix my shirt and take off my apron, going over to the door to see who it is.

"Anneyong haseyo** Rei Noona. It's nice to see you."

Shin Dong Woo. Long dark brown hair that is a little bit longer than other men, perfect circular glasses (which I think are actually perscription), these were the highlights of CNU, his stage name. He's very tall, today wearing a long trench coat (not the creepy kind) paired with dark blue shirt, topping it off with some jeans and black converse shoes.

"Good Morning Shinwoo! Come in, come in. I saw the secretary in the car, signaling me if it was ok to leave and come back later. I nodded. She started the car and drove off to do other important tasks.

"Sit down Shinwoo, we will start our lesson soon." As I left to go back to my kitchen, I heard his stomach growl. Looking back at him to see if anything was wrong, he tried to hide that he made any noise at all.

"Are you hungry Shinwoo?" He looked away, blushing that I noticed. I looked away on my own accord. He was so....cute! I calmed myself, turning back around so I could have his answer.

"Well, I did eat Rei Noona, but...I didn't have enough time to eat much food. I woke up a little late." He became quieter with each word, not wanting to tell his embarrassing story.

"What did you eat?"

"Some rice and kimchi..." I almost couldn't hear him at this point.

"Give me one moment Shinwoo." I walked back to the kitchen where my Bokkeum had been waiting for me. I guess my mind made too much for a reason. Taking two plates from the cupboard, I split the fishcakes into two equal sized portions. I grabbed a couple of spoons, coming back and placing a plate infront of him.

"Ah, Rei Noona, you didn't have to. I was just complaining because you asked about it."

"Complaining that you didn't get enough food? Everyone deserves something to eat. We can eat and learn Shinwoo. I go back to the room and get the Ipad that the secretary loaned to me for teaching purposes, opening up the board app. Walking back to him, I take another spoonful of my lunch.

"So Shinwoo, did you get you're homework done?"

"Yes I did. I was wondering if we could go over it. I had a difficult time with question 4..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok Shinwoo, you're doing great so far. Now, I'm really going to test how much you've learned. Let's see if you can have a conversation with me." He nodded.

"Good Morning! What is your name?"

"U-Umm...My name is Shinwoo."

"I'm Rei Hyung. It's nice to meet you! I shook his hand to make it more realistic. He was suprised by my touch, but returned the favor. "Where are you from Shinwoo?" He twiddled his thumbs, searching for an answer in his head.

"I am from the North ChungCheong....umm." I could almost see his veins popping out on his forehead. He was trying so hard for a single word just to make his sentence better.

"I think you're trying to say 'province' Shinwoo."

"Ah, thank you. I am from North ChungCheong Province." He had such a hard accent, that it was actually cute.

"I'm from South Gyeongsang Province. How old are you Shinwoo." His face lightened. I assumed that he knew what I was asking.

"I am 22 year's old." I nodded, trying to tell him that he is correct.

"I'm 23 year's old. Now Shinwoo, what do you like to do?" The blood drained from his face.

"You never taught me the verbs of the thing's I like."

"You don't have to answer me the truth Shinwoo. I want to see that you know what I am saying, and say something that makes sense as a response. I don't care if it's made up or not." He nodded.

"I like...to swim...and to dance...and to sing." He managed to stutter that out of his mouth.

"Wow, interesting! I like to read, sing, and dance." I used words that he knew. "Ooh, sorry Shinwoo, I have to go soon. But, one more question. How do you like my teaching so far?" I ask this last question in his native language.

"Oh, I'm so happy that I get to study english again."

"I didn't ask that." He was trying to dodge my question.

"Well...it's easier to memorize things and remember when you have a pneumonic device*. You know, like playing a game with us when the five of us are in your classroom, or singing a song that has to do with helping to remember english structure. You would really catch Jinyoung and Sandeul's attention with that Rei Noona. Arrasseo**? I nodded. I wrote these down in the notebook I had.

"Thank you Shinwoo. See, it's not just you five learning here, but I'm learning too. I've never taught any person older than 16." I heard a honk from outside. She was back.

"Alright Shinwoo. I'll see you again on Friday?"

'Well, I could see you later today. Today we are moving next door for easier access to you during Friday's."

"M-M-Mwuh***?!?!" I was taken aback by this new information. The secretary honked again.

"A-Anyway Rei Noona, I have to go now. The rest of the members are probably waiting for me to come back and help them move."

"Don't you have people to help you?" I questioned. They're idols, shouldn't they never lift a finger?

"No, our secretary said that we still have to do some lifting and learn how to do things. I don't really mind." He tells me one more goodbye, and exits my estate.

"Wow...I guess these guys aren't the spoiled, blunt people I thought."

I now have a new respect for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally got this one done. I hope I can get the 4th chapter soon, but I have mid-terms...so I need more time to study instead being on here. (No matter how much I like writing stories. Hope to see you again soon!

*pneumonic device - Anything to help you remember something for learning purposes. (Ex. I before e except after c)

**Arraseo? - Do you understand?

*** Mwuh?! - What?!