Homework for Me

Lessons to Teach (A B1A4 Fanfic!)

"Ok Bon-Hwa...since you're always giving so much attention to my lesson, why don't you translate this sentence into korean for me?" I pointed at the board with the sentence in perfect english. The boy finally turned his head to me instead of the girl behind him, a folded up paper in his hand. I could see the sweat running down his face.

"S-Ssam*..." He stuttered out of his mouth. My mind gloated in response. I finally got to show this kid a thing or two.

"Do you have an answer Bon-Hwa?" I ask again. Defeated, he shakes his head. I supressed the laugh I was about to show.

"Does anyone know the answer?" A few other hands raised in reaction. At least some of these people were raised right in their family.

"Yes In-Su?" I acknowledged the skinny boy in the back. He nodded, as if thanking me for picking him.

"It say's, I would like some water please." I saw Bon-Hwa stare at him angrily. He had his chance if he listened instead of passing notes to the girl a few seats behind him. Talking is what the lunchroom is for. The bell rung for the last period of the day to commence. Luckily I didn't have a class, so I graded papers and ate some snacks. It's nice finally having time to yourself at the end of the day. I quickly ranked Bon-Hwa's latest homework as a 3 out of 9**. His parent's sure as hell won't like that. I rapidly put grades on the rest of period seven's homework, now having nothing to do. I checked the time. Only 12 minutes had pasted out of the 45 that is given. 

"I swear to god, I have another batch of tests to grade from a few day's ago." I muttered to myself. I opened all my drawers at my desk. Several minutes later, I finally found the paperclipped papers, a sticky note saying which period it's from and whether I have graded them or not. I removed the paperclip and went through my biggest class, period 3, with ease. As I marked another rank my phone vibrated under all my papers. I searched for it as if I was on a safari, retrieving it under Bon-Hwa's failed homework. Looking at the caller, it said unknown, which caught my attention. Cautiously, I dragged my finger to pick it up.

"Yaboseyo?***"

"Hello there Rei Hyung." I was suprised the female voice on the line was speaking english. I wondered whether I should hang up or not.

"I'm sorry, who is this?" I asked quietly. I got up and closed my door so no one would hear me.

"I'm a secretary from WM entertainment." I was shocked. Why would a big company like WM entertainment call me?! I mean, I can sing...but I'm not that great.

"I'm sorry miss, I think you have the wrong number. One of my strengths is not singing." I was going to hang up.

"We do not wish to hear you sing. We have a problem and contacted you." I wondered what the hell they mean't...because I swear to god, I never gave WM entertainment my number.

"Ok...I'm listening." I decided.

"Thank you for your cooperation Miss Soo. We have a group of five boys that are getting more famous by the day. They were nominated 9 times for various places this year, winning three."

"I have no need for the details miss. Get to the point."

"Sorry Miss Soo. As I was saying, this band has a concert this February. The location is New York."

"I'm going to guess that his is where I come in."

"Yes it is. Miss Soo, we would like you to teach them enough english so that they will be able to speak to some of the fans. We are offering backstage passes, so they will need to have it under their belt." I listened intently.

"What would I need to teach them?"

"You know, the basics. Hello, how are you...and probably reaction to flattery. They're going to get a lot of that when they meet them." I felt as if she had any possible questions I could ask on a piece of paper right infront of her, reading them off as I drone on.

"When would I see them?"

"Each of them have private lessons with you on each of your 8th periods during the week, except for Friday, where they all are there at the same time. The last member has you on Saturday. They also may come to you throughout the day on Saturday for questions, concerns, anything that they need discussed out of class." I contemplated, a little sad that I would lose my 8th period free time. But...it's only for a month? How bad could five boys who are in their prime could be? Scratch that. If their like Bon-Hwa, it could be really bad.

"One more question." I continue. "Why me, of all people? There are other great teachers out there that could most likely do a much better job than I can." I heard silence on the line.

"We have asked you because you are in all of the men's age range. We think they would feel more comfortable talking to a young person like you than another qualified teacher that is 10 years older than themselves." I nodded even though she couldn't see me. She had a good point there. "So Miss Soo, will you take the job?" She asked. "If you do not have an answer now, you may have all of today and I could call you back." The woman suggested. I'd rather give her an answer now.

"Please give me a minute." I asked, putting the phone on my desk and walking around for a little bit. I think better on my feet. "If I take this, I bet it would look good if I for any reason lost this job...but it could also be a pain." Going through the pros and cons, I went back to my desk and picked up the phone.

"I'll take the job."

"Great! We'll give you 15,000 won for each hour."

"I don't need the money miss. I'm doing this because I want to."

"W-Wow. Why thank you miss Soo. So, we scheduled the five to see you this Friday at your classroom from your last period to whatever they think is reasonable."

"Alright. I'll have thing's ready for them to do by that."

"Again, thank you very much Miss Soo." I heard her about to hang up.

"Wait!" I shouted, covering my mouth from how loud I was.

"Y-Yes Miss Soo?" She answered. I probably startled her.

"What is the name of this group?"

"Oh. Their name? It's B1A4." I heard her accidently hang up after that last statement. I checked the time. 5 minutes before the school day ends. I packed up my things to go back to my apartment. I now got a lot to do, with another lesson plan over the course of a month. At least they gave me a day to get it done.

"B1A4 huh?" I looked at my classroom, which was going to hold 5 superstars the day after tomorrow. I don't know why, but I smiled.

"So be it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's the end of Chapter one! I hope it's not too short...I just felt as if I should end there. I think I'm going to start on Chapter right after this! But for now, I hope you like this so far.

 

*Ssam - an informal way to address your teacher in Korean.

**The grading system for highschooler's in Korea is ranking from 1 to 9.

*** Yaboseyo - Hello (when you're on the phone)