My Arranged Bodyguard?!

Thinking of You : One Shot Requests

Written For: Meticulous
Partner: Infinite's Sungjong
Inspirational Song: The Chaser by Infinite

((A/N: A thousand apologies for taking so long. I should have put up a sign that I was haitus. I hope you still will like the oneshot I wrote for you. I started a lot time ago but only managed to finish now. Enjoy<3))


"Hand it over." I held out my palm to the man in front of me. He was cornered after he stole his mother's diamond ring to sell because he was gambling all their money away. She hired me to track him down and get back her valuables. Sometimes I wondered if I charged enough for what I did.

 

"I'm not giving anything to you." he said angrily and I sighed.  They never came along easily and he lunged for me when he thought I wasn't paying attention. I grabbed his arm and kicked his leg from under him and pushed him against the wall. "Seriously you should know better." I said and I dug through his pockets and found the ring.
"I'll be taking this back. Don't steal from your elders. That's dirty and cheap." I said and let go of him. After returning the ring back to the mother I went back to my office. Tying my hair in a messy bun, I sat down to read paperwork. I got a many requests to be the body guard of so and so. But I didn't feel like being a slave to some rich person who thought they could buy me over. I preferred quick cases. My mother would call me foolish but I felt like I had a righteousness and sense of justice many didn't bother to see.
 
It was almost five so I was getting ready to leave when my office bell rang. I went over to open my door and a tall, good looking young man was outside. His hair was artfully styled, his big eyes framed by long lashes that could make many girl's seethe in envy and a friendly smile.
 
"Hello. You're Irene Han right?" he asked. 
Just because he was a pretty face meant I had to be even more careful. "Yes." I replied and gestured for him to come in.
 
"My name is Lee Sungjong." The name seemed familiar but I didn't say anything and let him continue. "I really want to hire you to be my bodyguard." I blinked. "Well besides the fact you might need to pack on more weight, what do you need to be protected from?" I asked.
 
"Someone has been following me." he sighed. "Why?" I asked.
"After coming back from the world tour with the guys, I just got this feeling someone has been following me. I saw someone tailing me a few days ago and it really is creeping me out. The only people who do this are saesang fans."
"World tour?" I blinked. "I'm part of Infinite. The youngest actually."
"Oh…" I racked my brain and finally realized that he was from the famous boy group.
"Sungjong-sshi…I would love to help you but I get a lot of requests for being a body guard and yours just doesn't seem all that serious." I said going back to my desk when I heard a thud. I turned around and Sungjong was on his knees. I blinked. "Oh my god, please don't do that." I said going over to try to get him to stand up. I was a big softie and I would cave if he was being like this.
  
"Guys aren't supposed to I kneel." I grunted, but he was heavily than he looked and his arm was lean instead of flimsy like I imagined. 
He grabbed my hand. "Irene, please. You have no idea what crazy fangirls can do." he said pained. His hand was warm and I felt a blush creep up my cheeks from being so close to him. "Okay! Okay!" I said giving in and he smiled even more so than before. "Thank you!" he got up and hugged me.
I pushed him off. "Alright. I will do it. But you probably should know the price I ask if someone referred you here." He nodded earnestly. "But, I can't start tomorrow though. I have to go meet with my mom. She says she has to introduce me to someone." I grumbled. "It's okay. I need to go meet someone tomorrow too. So the day after. I'll text you my address, and will let you know our dorm key code then." I nodded and saw him out.
I sighed. "Irene Han, reduced to guarding popular boy band members. Geez. I should've taken that bodyguard job for that governor." I grumbled to myself as I got ready to go home and knock out. 
 

"I don't see why I have to dress up." I sat on my bed. My mother obviously didn't trust me enough for me to get dressed on my own because she showed up, fed me and proceeded to dig through my closet.

"Here." She held out an outfit. "Oh ew, mom. I'm not wearing that. I haven't wore anything but my comfortable tees and jeans in forever."
 
"That is precisely the problem." she tsked and then she was on me. She dragged me out of the house before I could fight my way to a different outfit. "Who are we meeting anyway?" I asked feeling myself shiver. I felt exposed now that I was in a knee length sundress. "The blue brings out your eyes." she commented. "And someone your Grandmother wants you to meet." she huffed.
 
"Alright, Alright, I'm coming aren't I?" I grumbled as we walked into the fancy Italian restaurant. "11:30 for Lee." My mom told the waiter and he escorted us to a table that already had two people sitting at it. I stopped, eyes wide. When the man's eyes met mine, he froze in shock too.
"Irene, meet Sungjong." My mom said and I just blinked at them. "Irene." My mother nudged me. "Nice to meet you, I'm Irene Han." I bowed politely. I sat down across from Sungjong and he gave me a warm smile. "You look really pretty today." and I felt heat creep up my cheeks. I never got flustered talking to guys, and Sungjong was so good looking, he was prettier than most females. It was the stupid dress.
"Irene, Sungjong is the man that your grandmother wanted you to marry." My mom said and I just gaped at her like a fish out of water. "Mwoh?!"
"Sungjong, Irene is the woman that your grandmother wanted you to marry." Sungjong's mother said to him and surprise flitted across his features but his reaction wasn't nearly as big as mine.
 
I sputtered. "B-but. Gran Gran. She…can't." 
"You loved her more than the world. And remember you said you would honor any wish your grandmother had in her will." she chided me in a whisper. Before I had time for more protest, our mothers rose. 
"Well, it's time for us to leave." they smiled and walked away leaving me with Sungjong.
Sungjong raised his hand to gesture for a waitress. "Hi." he smiled and I could tell the waitress was taken aback by his looks already. "H-how can I help you sir?"
"Lunch set for 2." he said and handed the menu back to her.
 
After she walked off with our order, I just stared at the ceramic plate in front of me. I didn't know what to say. "So…arranged marriage, huh?" he suddenly said and I looked up. "Yeah, sorry that you got dragged into this." I said.
He chuckled and it was a deeper sound than I thought his voice could produce. "Why are you apologizing? My grandmother and yours seem to be really great friends." he said thoughtfully.
 
"Yeah, Grandma would talk about her best friend all the time." I smiled wistfully. It's been a long time since she passed away but it always felt like she was here with me. "Well if you would have me. Let's go on a date." he said and I blinked. "I can just leave after lunch. I have some paperwork I have to get back to before I start as your bodyguard tomorrow." I blabbered on. "It'd be such a shame though. You look stunning in that dress. I had no idea your hair was so long. You had it in a bun when we met." he said.
 
"I..uh..yeah." But before I could trip over anymore of my words, he spoke. "Humor me. A little date." Sungjong said and I sighed in defeat. "Alright. Although this goes against my professional code. I don't date clients." I said.
 
"Then if you don't charge me for your services, I won't count as a clientt." he joked with a twinkle in his eyes and I gaped at him. "I'm just kidding. Relax." and I sighed nodding.
 
First Sungjong took me to the aquarium. "You really like dolphins, don't you?" he chuckled when we finally sat down. "No…" I denied. "You almost had your face pressed up against the glass when you found out there was a baby dolphin in the tank." he raised an eyebrow. "Okay fine. But it's not good for a tough girl like me to be liking cutesy things." I said playing with the strings on my bag. "I don't see any harm in it. It's cute." and I felt my cheeks grow warm. He had been dropping mini bombs like that all day. I wasn't cute. I was supposed to be a bodyguard.
 
Suddenly I looked up. I thought I heard camera clicking. "Something wrong Irene?" he asked. My eyes darted around quickly, but I didn't see anything. "No. I'm sure you're tired. Should we just separate?" I asked. "But I would like to have dinner with you." he said. 
 
"I have to wake up early to go over to your dorm. The job starts tomorrow. I shouldn't stay out late." I said standing up. His expression saddened slightly. "But it wouldn't be that late." he said. "I think I should go." I said but he grabbed my hand lightly. "Let me take you home after dinner." he said. I felt my lips upturn slightly. "Shouldn't I be the one to take you home? I'm supposed to be your bodyguard after all." I said. "Your job doesn't start until tomorrow. And today I'm supposed to be your date." he smiled. "Alright. Be careful on your way back to the dorm, okay?" I said and he nodded. "Of course."

The next morning I showed up at the Infinite dorm. "Who is it?" a deep male voice asked over the intercom. "We don't let fans in. I hope you know that." he added.

"I'm not a fan. I'm the bodyguard Sungjong hired." I said. "Oh." and the door clicked open. Standing in front of me was the member name Lee Howon. "I'm sorry but Sungjong didn't come home last night. I thought our little maknae stayed out with his date all night." he said. My eyebrows furrowed. That wasn't right. Sungjong should have gotten home with more than enough time to spare.
 
"Oh okay. I'll look into it." I said. "Wait. Are you saying you don't know where he is either?" Howon asked. "Uh…he told me to show up here this morning. I assumed he would be here." I took out my cellphone to call Sungjong but it went straight to voicemail. "His phone is off." I looked up at his team member. "He couldn't still be sleeping. We have a schedule this morning." he said. "Aishh that kid. He should know better than to stay out with a girl." 
 
"He didn't. I was with him last night. He was supposed to be home by eight at the latest." I finally admitted. "Mwoh? Okay, I'll go tell the others. You don't have to do anything." and I shook my head and headed towards the stairs. 
 
When I got to my car, i received a text from Sungjong. But it was only a picture of us from yesterday. I was smiling at something he said to me. I didn't even know I looked that happy yesterday. Underneath the picture wrote: "Sungjong oppa is mine. You are just a . Oppa only loves me. Come to harbor. I'll show you how much he loves me, we're going to elope together."
 
"Sungjong." his name escaped my lips. He was in trouble. And he wasn't kidding about the crazy girl. I rushed to the harbor, driving as fast at the speed limit allowed. I ran to the docks after I hastily parked but I didn't see them. "Irene!" I turned when I heard someone call my name and a warm body slammed into mine. I steadied myself and looked up to see Sungjong. "You're okay." I said feeling the pressure in my heart that I didn't even know was there, release. His clothes were the same as yesterday and dirtied. He had a nasty bruise on his cheek but he really did seem okay. "No time to talk. I managed to get away. But we need to run and call the police. I nodded and started to pull out my phone but he grabbed my wrist and started running. "Sungjong wait!"
"She's coming!" he yelled back and when he got to a loading dock, we ducked behind a pile of crates. "I can fight her." I said about to stand up but he pulled me back down. Losing my balance, I fell towards him and he caught me. His breathing was heavy like mine but his breath caught when our eyes met. "Just stay safe." he said. "But I'm a bodyguard." I argued pulling away from him, trying to calm myself.
 
"Oppa. Where are you?" a voice suddenly asked. "I saw that . How dare you hold her hand." she growled. "I'll kill her." and my eyes widened. Suddenly the footstep sounds faded and I let out a breath. "Okay, lets go." I said but suddenly the crates fell onto of us. "Irene!" Sungjong shouted and pulled me into his arms before using his body to block me from the crates. I felt the jolt as the crates hit him but he just held me tightly. "Sungjong…" I blinked at him. "You're okay." he smiled. 
 
"I am, but…" I froze when I saw a thin line of blood start flowing down the side of his neck. "Sungjong!" I gasped. His eyelids drooped slightly. "I'm okay." he reassured me. "I found you." a shadow appeared over us. I couldn't see her face clearly because of the sun behind her but I could see the glint of a knife in her hands. "I'm going to kill you." she said murderously. "Not on my watch." As gently as I could manage I pried myself from Sungjong and kicked out with my leg. I caught her in the knee so her leg buckled, but her arm still came down trying to stab me. I grabbed her wrist before she made contact with my thigh but she was pumped up on adrenaline and she jerked her hand up, slicing into my arm. 
 
I stole a glance at Sungjong. He wasn't going to be able to move. "Goddammit." I cursed and mustered up my strength to kick the girl in the chest from my half squatting position. She lost her balance and went backwards. I got up and tried to kick the knife out of her hands. "!" she growled and tackled me after she let go of the knife and we both rolled over the side of the dock and into the water.
 
Sputtering, I tried to get to the surface, but she punched me in the side. I gritted my teeth against the pain and hit her across the head hard. It was then she finally lost consciousness. I grabbed the girl's arm and hauled her to the surface. "Someone help!" I shouted and soon the fisherman came to fish us out. "Are you okay miss?" someone asked but I ran to Sungjong. "Sungjong. Sungjong. Wake up." I shook him gently. "Someone call an ambulance!" I shouted frantic. 
 

I don't know how long I waited but the last thing I remembered was putting my head down on Sungjong's hospital bed. My eyelids fluttered when I felt a soft hand touch my face. "Sungjong." I straightened in my seat. "Hi." he said weakly. "How are you feeling?" I asked. "Like I got hit by a wooden crate." he smiled. "Duh. Sorry. That was a stupid question. I'm going to go now." I said getting up but he grabbed my hand gently. "Where are you going, bodyguard?" he asked. I looked at the bandages around his head and a pang of guilt hit me. I was a horrible bodyguard.

 
"I don't think I can be your bodyguard anymore." I said, trying to pull out of his grasp. But his fingers tightened around mine. "But I put already put down a downpayment." he said. "Hmm? Downpayment?" I blinked. "I can't talk loud. Come closer." he said. I leaned closer to him. "What downpayment, Sungjong? What are you talking about?" I asked. "The downpayment for you to be my girlfriend." and he kissed me. I heard cheering and quickly straightened, my cheeks feeling like they were on fire. "Our maknae is all grown up." the guys laughed. "You're cute when you blush too." Sungjong looked up at me. "I need to go." I headed towards the door. "I'll call you!" Sungjong shouted after me. And I felt myself smile despite the embarrassment.