Part five.

Keep falling

It's been two months since Hakyeon's accident. Tae Eun felt guilty for what happened and kept blaming herself. She had visited Hakyeon, but after meeting Sunggyu again one day, she couldn't go anymore. Hakyeon remembered Sunggyu but not her, so she had told him to take care of Hakyeon. Did she do the right decision or not, she had no clue.
The phone rang, bringing her back from her thoughts. Seeing the caller was Sunggyu, she was hesitant to answer, but gave in.
" Hello ? "
" Tae Eun hello~ How have you been ? "
The voice was Hakyeon's. There was a moment of silence on the line - all that Tae Eun could think was if Hakyeon had regained his memory. 
" I'm .. Fine, thank you. How about you ? "
" I'm still the same " he laughed " How come you're not visiting me nowdays ? It's been weeks hasn't it. "
Tae Eun couldn't talk. He was still unaware who she really was. The line stayed silent.
" Look, I know I lost my memory before the accident of certain things, but I remember your face when I woke up. Worry was written all over your face, so you must be somehow related to me. Either we are close or ..  "
The silence came back. Tae Eun still didn't answer him. ' If you only- '
" .. or you have something to do with the accident. "
The silence got awkward. Tae Eun could hear Sunggyu on the other side telling Hakyeon to stop playing such jokes, but they all knew Hakyeon was serious. Tae Eun broke the silence. 
" I'll .. come by. "
" You better hurry then, I'll be discharged tomorrow. "
" I'll come over right now ! "
Hakyeon laughed. Tae Eun never got used to his angelic laugh, that now seemed somewhat distant. 

All three were together in Hakyeon's room and everything was like before. They were talking, laughing and having fun again. But nothing was like it used to be, what Hakyeon didn't know was the fact of Sunggyu and Tae Eun giving their best act in front of him. Time passed, both acting hoping it'd pass faster. 
Finally after two hours the nurse asked them to leave since the visiting time was over for the day. Sunggyu walked after Tae Eun who turned around when he called her. 
" Would you .. like to go get a drink ? "
Tae Eun looked at him with suspicious eyes that turned into rage. 
" Drink, with you ? Do you know what happened last time you got drunk hm ? Do you remember that the reason why we are in this hospital to meet our unlucky friend who happened to be there when YOU were drunk and wrong ? "
Sunggyu turned his gaze away. Of course he did remember and did feel guilty, but this was the last time he could talk with Tae Eun without Hakyeon around.
" Fine. But you don't get to drink but two beers when I get as much as I want. "
Sunggyu nodded at her, and so they left.

Sunggyu entered Tae Eun's house and was instantly envious of Hakyeon - there were so many pictures of him and him together with Tae Eun around the house. They looked so happy, and Sunggyu felt the pain of him being the one breaking this happiness. Tae Eun caught him looking a picture of them together and took it in her hand. Sunggyu could see how much she missed him. 
" I should get rid of this. Along with the other pictures. "
After a moment of silence, Tae Eun sighed and smiled. 
" Let's drink "
Sunggyu nodded.

It didn't take long until Tae Eun was drunk.
" Do you know how much it hurts ?! "
Sunggyu was prepared, he thought, it was his fault so he had to handle the after effect. 
" I'm sorry I know it hurts you as well. But still you shouldn't have kissed me ! " Tae Eun hit his arm. " Do you know how lonely I am ? I don't know if I'll be able to handle this life without him. Like, he can start a new life without remembering me ! "
Sunggyu lifted his gaze and looked at her. 
" You will always be part of his life, he's the one who called you two come by today. He wants you in his life. If not as close as you were, then at least as a friend. You are strong Tae Eun, you'll survive. "
" I am anything but strong " she huffed " oh Sunggyu if you only knew. But it's fine. It's all fine. " She got up and went to the kitchen, coming back with another bottle of soju and a bottle of something else.
" Look Sunggyu, " she offered the other bottle to Sunggyu " I took last of them when I lost Hakyeon. "
Sunggyu read what the bottle was about and remembered the conversation he had heard in the café before Hakyeon and Tae Eun had started dating. She was sick. These pills were her medication and it's been months that she's been living without them. That means .. He looked at her again, her who was busy taking down soju. 
" What's the meaning of this ? "
" Oh that ? The medication ended. Well, I ended it. I won't be able to live without Hakyeon so I just decided to shorten my time of suffering my life without him. " She answered without even looking at him. Startling from the sound of broken glass that Sunggyu had just thrown across the room: 
" YA, KANG TAE EUN, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GROW UP ?! "
She looked up at him telling him to sit again, but he just let out a frustrated sigh. 
" I will never be able to understand you. WHAT'S SO GOOD OF HIM ? I know you can blame me for what happened to him, but don't blame or make him suffer more than he has. Or me, I don't want to lose you either. "
" Sunggyu, I wish it was that easy. I don't blame you, I blame myself. " She laughed " Maybe we should go out with each others since we both blame ourselves. " She looked at Sunggyu with sad eyes " But that's not how it works. Sunggyu, as much as I loved you as a friend, for me there's no one but Hakyeon. There never was and will never be. And the hospital told me his memory loss is more likely permanent. "
" BUT- "
" AND my doctor told me that the medication didn't have as much effect as it should've so my disease has been progressing anyway. I'm leaving Sunggyu, I just want to make it faster. "
" I know I'm repeating myself, but he _wants_ you in his life. Why are you .. " he became silent. 
" Why am I what. "
" ... so selfish. "
She stared at him for a good while before talking again. 
" Get out. "
" I'm sorry but- "
" Get out. "
" You need to stop thinking only yourself "
" GET OUT KIM SUNGGYU. "
She pushed him towards the door until her eyes were caught by a pic of her and Hakyeon. 
" See, you've decided leaving because you're selfish. We both know he's strong enough to come back. It's me he should've forgotten, not you. "
" Sunggyu "
" Hm ? "
" You have keys to his house right. "
" Yeah, I've been taking care of the house while he's in hospital. "
" Take me there and let me in. "
" Wh- "
" Don't ask, just please. "


I will probably have like one or two more parts, I'm sorry if it's messy XD Productions of 4:42am.