Part three.

Keep falling

Months went by after Tae Eun accepted to receive the treatments. She still remembers the first treatment. She was able to get Hakyeon in with her, who probably regretted it. Feeling her hand wrapping around his, curshing it. The room filled with her crys - the sobs she let out made it hard for Hakyeon to stay by her side. But he knew she wouldn't be able to hold up without him and he had promised. He shouldn't back off now. Even if he felt happy for being a help for her, it made him tired as well.

It was that one night when Tae Eun had agreed to meet her friend Hyori. The evening went well, the girls ate at a restaurant and talked like they usually did. Afterwards they went to nearby small pub and sipped their drinks. Thanks to the medication Tae Eun had, she couldn't have alcohol, so she just had a hot cocoa while Hyori didn't seem to mind getting all the shots and fancy drinks.

The girls had fun. They met few of their old friends, including Sunggyu. They all were happy to meet again, and like the girls, Sunggyu was out with his friends for a boys night out. They then departed, continuing the night with the people they came with. Eventually Hyori got drunk and Tae Eun sent her back home in a taxi and called Hyori's husband to go pick her up. She then walked back into the pub, talking a while with the bartender before she heard a crush behind her. The group of boys that was in the pub with Sunggyu were wasted, Sunggyu along with them being actually the worst of them. She heard him mumbling of not leaving. Tae Eun walked to Sunggyu and told his friends she'll take him. She paid for her drinks and sent a message to Hakyeon before she left.
' Hakyeon, I'm taking Sunggyu home, he's really drunk. I'll be home soon ! '

Hakyeon for some reason felt uncomfortable. It was supposed to be a girls night, why was she with Sunggyu. If she was cheating him with Sunggyu, she wouldn't be so open about it would she ? Of course not. She'd be home soon enough, it'd take probably ten extra minutes more than usual. Thinking about it, they were in the pub nearby, why not to go help them out. Hakyeon got up, left the house and headed towards the pub.

" Sunggyu please try to stand on your own for once in a while, you're heavier than I can carry. " Tae Eun struggled when Sunggyu was all over her trying to keep his balance apologizing. 
" I'm so glad it's you and not Kyungri. She'd kill me for being this drunk. " Tae Eun didn't doubt that, if Hakyeon would ever show up to her door in a same state as their friend now was. They were able to walk to the first traffic lights when Tae Eun told Sunggyu she's giving up and taking a taxi despite him feeling sick in cars when drunk. 

Hakyeon was on the other side of the same traffic ligts, sligtly smiling at Tae Eun's struggle. The light turned green. Hakyeon took off to the other side.

Looking around the cars that went by, Tae Eun tried to see if any of them was a taxi. Then she heard her name being called out, turning to the direction of the sound. He was closer than she thought he'd be. 
" I love you. "
So the distance between them was closed. His one hand hold was on her cheek, the other one pulled her closer from the waist.

Then there was a loud crush.

And in front of a car, a person laid on the road.