Part one.

Keep falling

The bus takes off, once again without her on it. She curses her alarm for the thousandth time, it never works as it should. She slows down to catch her breath and takes a look at her wrist and lets out a deep sigh and runs off. This is what happens at this exact bus stop exactly around 10am. Hakyeon looks the back of her getting more distant, her hair flowing as she speeds up. She gets him jump from his seat as she falls down. Hakyeon was ready to go to her when he felt someone grabbing his shoulder. " Where are you going ? " Hakyeon looked at him " I just wondered if she was fine. ". They both looked at her way, but she was nowhere to be seen anymore. " Hakyeon .. Who ? " He had a thought of his friend getting crazy, as he couldn't see anyone.

Tae Eun swore the bus left earlier everyday since she barely ever made it in time. When she was in school, she barely ever was late but now that she's working, she seems to be late everyday. The earlier she went to sleep, the harder it felt to wake up. Slowing down and checking the time, she knew she'd be late. Must run she thought as she took her first steps to run - and she fell. 'I don't have time for falling' she thought, got up and didn't care even if her elbow and right palm were bleeding. She looked around and was able to catch a taxi and she got on. 

" Everyone, you know today is the day of get together with the management department right ? You all worked hard today, you may go home and prepare for tonight. Don't forget, by 6pm! "
Tae Eun sighed. Everyone else seemed to be excited about this gathering but her. The work was stressing her and meeting a lot of new people wasn't something she wanted these days. As  she got off work, she was craving for some hot chocolate. A nice cup of hot chocolate would make her feel better for a while. Went to a nearby café, someone came out as she was about to open the door. He apologized and kept the door open for her. She thanked him and went in, not realizing the man she just met couldn't take his eyes off of you. Hakyeon just couldn't believe that he met her again.

There she sat, next to the window and stared people passing by while warming her hands around the hot chocolate mug. Her thoughts wandered around, not really knowing what to think of. She didn't even realize she was staring right at someone outside staring back at her. Hakyeon had recognized her immediately. Sunggyu then bumped into him " What's up with you and spacing off today, huh ? It's the second time today already. " Hakyeon smiled.  " Sorry, I've been thinking of the gathering tonight. Sunggyu, do you really think we should go ? " He asked even though he knew the answer very well. There was no way he'd get out of the situation tonight and Sunggyu laughed. " What's wrong with tonight ? I've heard the design department girls are actually pretty good. " Staring at Tae Eun at the café window without her realizing, Hakyeon took a deep breathe. 
" Hakyeon, why are you hesitating it so much ? .. Do you already have someone on your mind ? " 
Hakyeon looked at Sunggyu shocked. 
" You do ? Why wasn't I aware of this ? " 
" I don't ! " Hakyeon laughed the question off 
" I bet you do ! I've seen you watching Kyungri ! " making Sunggyu punch Hakyeon's arm. 
" Watch yourself. " 
" Hyung, you're only a year older. " Hakyeon said back. After arguing there for a while, Tae Eun had left the café without Hakyeon even noticing it.

Evening came. The chilly breeze made Tae Eun shiver. It had been a while she's been standing near the restaurant the gathering was hold. It had been at least 5 minutes since she saw last person enter the restaurant. She was still very hesitant to go even if she had done her all to look good today, it was the management team anyway. 'It's all okay' she though as she took a deep breath, calming herself down and walked towards the door of the restaurant.
Not caring of the sound of someone running, she was pushed down as she was about to open the door. As if the earlier wounds didn't hurt, she got some rashes on her knee and arm.
" I'm so sorry ! Are you okay ? " She heard low voice asking and mumbled something that sounded like she was fine. 
" Were you going in too ? " He asked her and opened the door after her nodding. Tae Eun entered the restaurant and after locating her fellow co-workers, she waved and sat down on the other of two free chairs that were still free. " Sorry I'm late " she apologized her team leader, when team leader of management interrupted 
" It's fine, our Sunggyu was late too ! " and everyone laughed. Sunggyu sat next to Hakyeon, but all Hakyeon could focus on was Tae Eun. Seeing her three times in a day seemed like he was dreaming. Hakyeon really didn't listen to Sunggyu, he was amazed by Tae Eun. Her smile, her hair, her scars .. Sunggyu then told him the story of making Tae Eun fall by accident. 
" You should stop running around when there's people in sight " Hakyeon said and looked at Tae Eun with a worried face. Looked at her, who had no idea of Hakyeon's stare as she socialized with others. 

Hours went by, people were starting to leave. Some were leaving the restaurant alone, some left with a group for another round, some left with a new friend or a future date they found. Tae Eun saw her moment to leave. She told her co-worker she's leaving and got up. A bit tipsy, her first few steps weren't stable but she waved and left. Hakyeon was just about to say something when Sunggyu jumped up and told her he will comfort her home since it's late. 
" Hakyeon, I'll see you tomorrow ! ". Hakyeon was left there. Not quite understanding the situation - did Sunggyu just take Hakyeon's girl home. Hakyeon ran after them outside the restaurant, but all he could see again was her back getting further and further away. He took a step after them, but something stopped him. ' She doesn't even know you Hakyeon, but she knows Sunggyu now. Don't make a fool out of yourself ' was all he could hear in his head. Then he saw them two hug and something stinged his heart. And so he left.

" Oh wow, are you sure you can walk home on your own ? " Sunggyu asked after catching Tae Eun when she was about to fall again. It wasn't because she was tipsy, it was something else she felt she couldn't control. 
" Yeah I'm fine, really. I thank you for your offer to take me home, but I'll walk. I need some fresh air. If it becomes troublesome, I'll just take a taxi. " She smiled. Sunggyu still wasn't so convinced about it, but didn't want to be immature. He could use the situation to his favor.
" Fine, but I'll let you go on your own if you text me after you get home. " Sly as he was, this way he would get her number. Tae Eun agreed, they changed numbers and Tae Eun left Sunggyu standing there. His phone rang.
" Ah Kyungri, what's up ? It's late. "

It had been a week since the gathering, and Tae Eun was at work as usual. The phone rang. 
" Tae Eun of Design Department. " 
" Tae Euuuun " Tae Eun couldn't help but smile. Even if it had been only a week, she had been seeing Sunggyu a lot with his friend Hakyeon joining a few times. 
" I told you not to call my work number. Anyway, what is it ? It better be good. " 
" Sorry. I just wanted to hear your voice. And ask if it's okay us three to go for a drink or two tonight ? " 
Tae Eun agreed and the place was decided. Even if Tae Eun had seen Sunggyu out more than Hakyeon, she thought Hakyeon was a great person as well. Everyone at work thought she was dating Sunggyu. That wasn't the case though, not that Sunggyu wasn't nice but it's only been a week since you met.
" Was it Sunggyu ? " team leader asked her. Tae Eun just smiled and nodded. 
" How many times I've told you not to answer the phone if it affects your working! " He scolded her, then laughed and walked away. 
As Tae Eun was just about to finish her work, when one of her co-workers smashed a tower of papers on her table. " Sorry, I got a call that my sister needs to go to the hospital and needs me to babysit, please do these for me. " " But Kyungri ! " " THANK YOU " And she walked away. She watched the amount of work she now had. " I had just one e-mail to send .. " she sighed out loud and took the phone. She had to call the boys she's not able to go after all. 
" Hello ? "
" Hakyeon ? I thought I called Sunggyu. "
" You did, he's in the shower. What is it ? "
" About meeting today, I can't go. Kyungri just brought more work than enough for the night. I'm sorry, let's go another day. " and it was silent for a second.
" .. Kyungri ? I see. Don't overwork yourself. "
She promised she wouldn't. Thinking of it, it wasn't so long when she had so much work and stress that she been losing a lot of weight and worried Hakyeon while Sunggyu told her just that she looked better than before. That sly one always knew what to say to please girls. Tae Eun patted her own back and promised to treat herself after she's done and thanks to the allnighter she has to pull, she could sleep the whole day tomorrow. 

" Sunggyu, I'm going. " Hakyeon said as Sunggyu came back from the shower when he ended the call with Tae Eun. Sunggyu looked at him with a confused face. " There's someone I gotta take care of. " Hakyeon said as he took his jacket.
" Woo Cha Hakyeon, am I left in the darkness again ? Are you seeing someone ? Hey, Cha Hakyeon ! " Sunggyu shouted. Hakyeon opened the door. 
" Sunggyu. Make a decision already. " Making Sunggyu even more confused. And then Sunggyu's phone rang again. Sunggyu thought it was a bad timing but still answered. 
" Yeah, Kyungri what is it ? " And Hakyeon slammed the door shut. While Sunggyu will wait for Tae Eun to show up, Hakyeon has other plans for tonight. 

Tae Eun let out a big yawn. There was still a lot to do, and she was already tired. The time said it was 10pm. There was no one else at the office anymore, and the cafe downstairs was closed too. She was hungry, she had eaten her packed lunch few hours ago, she was tired and all she had left was coffee she had bough earlier from the cafe. Stretching out she heard the door open and she looked at the door. 
" Cha Hakyeon " She said as she got up surprised that he was there. Hakyeon just smiled and raised the bags he had, he brought food. Tae Eun stood up fast and took few steps towards Hakyeon.
" You have no idea how happy I am to .. see you .. " Hakyeon's smile faded away and as Tae Eun felt the world turn around the last memory she had was Hakyeon shouting her name and running towards her. Then it all went black.
" .. Eun ! Tae Eun ! Kang Tae Eun ! Come back already. " The sorrowful shouts filled up the office. Hakyeon kept shaking Tae Eun's body as she was laying on his arms. 
" Seriously Tae Eun, if you're not getting up soon I'm taking you to the hospital. " As Tae Eun slowly started to open her eyes, Hakyeon looked at her face carefully and his eyes were full of worry. Tae Eun didn't understand the situation.
" My .. head hurts " She finally said, making Hakyeon let out his breath he had been holding for a while, since he wasn't sure if she really was awake or not. Before he realized it, he pulled her into a hug. Tae Eun was really confused, but didn't struggle back. Hakyeon was warm. And his scent was something you could drown into. There those two were for a while.
" Oh. Sorry. I was just so worried. " Hakyeon finally said and helped her up. Tae Eun just smiled at him. 
" It's fine, I know you had food when you came! " 

" Where's Sunggyu ? " Tae Eun asked as they were eating.
" Shouldn't you be checked at the hospital ? "
Hakyeon just ate. Tae Eun's face was a question mark. 
" It's probably nothing. Why didn't Sunggyu come ? "
Without looking up, Hakyeon blurted it out as if it was nothing. 
" I didn't tell him "
Tae Eun looked at Hakyeon, not knowing what she should be feeling.
" .. Why ? " She asked shyly. Hakyeon didn't answer. He still didn't know if the had the courage or not. Courage to tell everything how he feels about Tae Eun, to herself when even none of his friends knew about her. 
" Wait, so you mean Sunggyu is now at the restaurant waiting for us ? The appointment time was supposed to be already few hours ago ! " Hakyeon didn't smile. He didn't lift his head. He didn't say a word, he didn't eat either. Tae Eun was getting frustrated. Why hadn't Sunggyu called her ? She jumped up to get her phone but was stopped by Hakyeon. Hakyeon still didn't have the courage to look at her.
" Kyungri, where did she say she's going ? "
" Babysit her sister's child " Tae Eun answered confused. He didn't know Kyungri was going somewhere, how did he know to ask for it ?
" Kyungri's little sister is 13. She doesn't have an older sister " Hakyeon told making Tae Eun thinking about the situation more. Kyungri had been mean to her since the gathering. She got up and checked her phone. 2 missed calls and 1 message. 'I had it on silent ..' She thought. Going through the log, both of the calls were from Hakyeon. The message was from Sunggyu. 
" I'm sorry, something came up. Hakyeon told me he had someone to take care of so he can't go either. Sorry ! Let's go another day. -Sunggyu "
While Tae Eun was reading this, Hakyeon still stood up watching her reaction. 
" .. Do you mean .. He went with Kyungri ? " Tae Eun asked after a while. Hakyeon nodded. She was confused but wanted to solve herself. She took her jacket and was about to leave. Right then she was stopped as Hakyeon caught her with a back hug. Hakyeon gathered his confidence and hugged her. As Tae Eun was confused and surprised, she didn't struggle to get off his hold. 
" Don't go .. " He whispered. Tae Eun took a hold of his hands and untied herself. Without a word she slowly took a step forward. Then another.  Then third. She started to walk away. Hakyeon walked after her. He wasn't ready to give up. Hakyeon went after Tae Eun and grabbed her wrist. Making her turn around and pulling her close and hugging her.
" Ha-Hakyeon I have to- "
" You don't have to do. I'd like it if you wouldn't go. "
" Hakyeon but I need to confirm .. "
She ended her sentence before finishing it while she tried to get off from Hakyeon's hug.
" Hakyeon plea- " 

" Kyungri .. you mean you knew Tae Eun wouldn't be able to come and you knew we had plans ? " Sunggyu asked Kyungri for the third time. As she confirmed and sat there all flirty, Sunggyu still didn't understand it. Kyungri knew Tae Eun wouldn't come when she didn't even inform him. 
" I heard her calling you, why are you so shocked " Sunggyu was confused and as he checked his phone log, he realized there was a call from Tae Eun just before Kyungri. That was Hakyeon had left.  
" Oppa, you're seriously not thinking of Tae Eun when I'm with you right ? I'll never forget you if you do! "
" .. I'm sorry Kyungri, oppa has to go somewhere. I'll call you tomorrow. " Sunggyu said and ignored the screaming Kyungri that he left behind. He tried to call Hakyeon, few times and cursed when he didn't answer. Was the person Hakyeon was taking care of Tae Eun ? 'Make a decision', Hakyeon's voice echoed in his head. He gets so angry everytime Kyungri calls. While driving to Tae Eun's office, Sunggyu tried to call her. But as expected, there was no answer. Why was Sunggyu feeling so nervous over Tae Eun when he has Kyungri to date. 
He arrived at the office and saw the dim light shining. Slowly walking towards the door which was open, he heard the talk Tae Eun and Hakyeon were having. He was right. Walking right to the door, not daring to go in he stayed hidden. Giving up, he peeked into the room.

Tae Eun didn't get to finish her sentence. Hakyeon took her face between his hand and looked deep into her eyes. Tae Eun didn't dare to say any word, and before she knew it Hakyeon kissed her. She struggled herself free and surprised, she didn't know what else to do than slap him. Tae Eun turned around and Sunggyu hid again. But Hakyeon wasn't done. He ran in front of her and kissed her again. Holding her neck and waist, he pulled her closer. This time Tae Eun wasn't able to get off, nor did she fight back anymore. When she was all calm, Hakyeon parted with her and looked deep into her eyes again. 
" I've known you before we met at the gathering. You keep missing the bus to work and you curse your alarm. On the day of the meeting, you fell down after leaving the bus stop. " Tae Eun looked at Hakyeon, and she had fallen deep into his eyes. 
" When you went to the café near the office, it was me who opened the door at the same time. I've liked you before you even knew me. Getting to know you made me like you more and seeing you as a friend got me falling in love with you. I should've told you earlier, but I didn't have the courage. Today I realized it when you called Sunggyu. He isn't as nice as you think he is, he knows how to play. " 
Neither of them spoke a word, in silence they were staring at each others. Sunggyu behind the door now knew for sure why Hakyeon got mad at him. Hakyeon was in another world because of Tae Eun. But why did it hurt Sunggyu ? 
" Hakyeon I- "
" No. Don't say it out loud, I know what you mean. It's too sudden and it hasn't been long since we've met. I know it, I know I don't make sense but I wanted to get this out of my chest. " Tae Eun just looked down. She was still amazed by the kiss and by Hakyeon's words. She was again about to say something, when Hakyeon stopped her. 
" I'm going. Don't stay too late, remember to eat and go to the hospital when you get off. " Sunggyu left in a hurry, hoping that he'll be fast enough not to be seen. Hakyeon took his jacket and left. Tae Eun just stood there where Hakyeon had left her, with so many thoughts and feelings mixed up.