Part four.

Keep falling

Tae Eun shaked her off from Sunggyu's hold to see the source of the noise and after realizing an accident had just happened in fron of her, she was shocked. She looked around, people were gathering around the scene. She asked if anyone had called help as she walked closer to the body on the ground too, and when no one answered her, she took her phone out. 
" Hi, it's Kang Tae Eun. There's been a car accident- No, a car hit a person. Yes. How's the victim ? " She walked closer to the body. " He's .. Hakyeon. Hakyeon ? HAKYEON ! " 
She dropped her phone, and someone else picked it up finishing the call with the emergency number. Tae Eun dropped on her knees and her hands were shaking like there was no tomorrow. She slowly reached out to Hakyeon to touch his body. She touched his arm and it didn't respond. She touched his face, Hakyeon still didn't respond. The reality hit her as she looked her bloody hands and she cried out his name, trying to tell herself this isn't what it really was, yelling for help, crying on the ground uncontrollably when others around her looked at her with pity on their faces.
Sunggyu was standing there where Tae Eun had left him. After hearing her screaming out Hakyeon's name and staring at the scene, he didn't know what to do. So he just got into a taxi and left. The shock sobered him enough to realize that it was his fault for Hakyeon getting into an accident. What had gotten into him, he had no clue. As he got further away from the scene, he heard the sound of sirens and he closed his eyes.

Tae Eun's eyes wandered everywhere. She couldn't fight back when a paramedic lifted her up and got her to the ambulance to ask questions from her. She wasn't able to answer while taking looks at Hakyeon. She was tried to calm down, but she couldn't and when the other paramedics came to take Hakyeon to the hospital, she begged to go with them.

It was now an hour since they started Hakyeon's surgery, Tae Eun still waited for the results. She was visited by a police stating what the drived had said about had happened during the accident. Apparently the driver was turning left, and thought Hakyeon would be over the street by the time he'd be there, but he had stopped in the middle of the road, and the car didn't stop in time. 
When the surgeon finally came out to inform Tae Eun about Hakyeon's state, she didn't get any better news.
" He made it through the operation, but it seems like there was some damage done. We won't know how bad the damage is before he wakes up, but he will definitely wake up. We'll just have to wait. "
What was the damage he talked about.

Hours of the night turned to morning when Tae Eun waited for Hakyeon to wake up. She held his hand between hers, trying hard not to fall asleep. However, she gave up and finally fell asleep at 6am next to Hakyeon while holding his hand.

She woke up the Hakyeon's hand moving inbetween hers. She got up quickly and checked Hakyeon. He seemed to be a bit out of it, but awake. She called the doctor to check him. Something about Hakyeon's eyes was different.

" He's having a memory loss. Something traumatized him during the accident or before it, so in order to save himself he forgot it and everything related to it. "
Tae Eun stood in front of Hakyeon's door, after going through the words of the doctor again and again. Deep breath, and she stepped inside. Hakyeon smiled at her, she let out a relieved sigh and smiled back.
" Nice to meet you. Are you the one who saved me ? "

And so her heart sank, broke into two, shattered into million pieces, all within a second.
Hakyeon didn't remember her.
He didn't want to remember her.
Tae Eun was his trauma.


tumblr_mssr2gqRjT1rnh969o1_500.gif

I'm sorry.