An Old Friend

Presumptuous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VII.

It was the final hour of the flight which was actually quite relieving to Subin. It felt like she was suffocating from shock and the thoughts were enclosing closer and tighter around her. It was perplexing for Subin to actually find a guy this confided and cluless. Daehyun takes out his earbuds and lays back.

“You know it’s actually sad the flight is over so quickly.” He mutters innocently. Although she disagreed she just remained silent and waited as the airplane began to land.

It was actually quite funny to her how naive Daehyun was for someone his age and someone with his appearance. She stared at Daehyun’s face gazing over each feature, observing the way his eyes blinked twice as often as the normal, gazing down his tall nose bridge and down to his plump and chapped pout. His face resembled someone who was a playboy but his personality resembled a dorky teenager who knew absolutley nothing about life. It’s  quite ironic.

She chuckles to herself as the plane lands and they drag their luggage off the plane. After countless checking and customs gates they finally were officially in America. Daehyun grabs her hand and starts to run toward a girl holding a “Looking for Jung Daehyun” sign. She was dressed in very ‘American’ style clothing with a hint of some Asian styles in it which was actually very amusing to Subin as she stares up and down at her. She squeezes a hug out of Daehyun and smiles a big smile. “Ah, you must be Subin?” She greets me with shatterted korean. “Yes I am.” I smile back wondering the relations she had with me, Daehyun, and this whole marriage thing.

“I’m Bang Minah, I’m an old friend of Daehyun’s and I moved over to the states when I was really little so excuse my choppy Korean skills.” Minah helps us with the baggage and we load up everything into a taxi driving to the place we were supposed to stay in which was Minah’s family and house.

“So how did you two meet? Daehyun’s mom says it was very sudden that you guys decided to move back over here. She said her parents haven’t even met you yet?” Minah asks turning her head from the passenger seat to look at us.

Subin chuckles nervously deciding to just go witht he real truth but bending the facts just a little.

I should’ve known this question was going to come up. Ugh why didn’t I plan this earlier?

“I uh, we met in the bathroom at the place I work at actually. uhh he needed help finding the bathroom and I helped him and yeah it was just kind of a love at first sight thing you know?” She spoke quickly ending it with a concving smile as Daehyun holds in from laughing pretending to fix his hair.

By the time they arrived and were shown to their rooms it was already around midnight. “I usually make breakfast around 10 and if you guys are tired and don’t wake up just buy some McDonald’s or something. Goodnight.” Minah leaves the room and finally it was back to the two of them again.

Daehyun starts to unpack and takes out three giant stuffed animals and places them on the queen sized bed. He rolls onto the bed and lays down hugging his giant stuffed alpaca.

Subin plops down next to him making him flinch a little and a tiny blush creeps up his cheeks. She turns on her phone and scrolls through her feed.

“Are you tired?” Daehyun asks looking over at Subin as she continues to look through her phone. “No I’m jet lagged, how long have you known Minah?”

“I don’t know I think for years, maybe as long as I’ve been alive. Her family is best friends with my mom.”

“Cool.”

It wasn’t an awkward slience between the two, they were just thinking at the same time. Suddenly, Subin’s phone falls from her hand hoverng above her face and facepalms her making a loud smack. Daehyun f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter