Genuinely Innocent

Presumptuous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VI.

This all happened unbelievably quick and overwhelming. Subin sat on the chair still revising all that’s happened in two days. Then all that’s happened in a week. Before this week there was no Daehyun or rude customer or no gender bending classmate begging for help. She wasn’t sure herself what was going on and why she had to leave all of a sudden for a “better education.” She rocked herself back and forth staring at the clock counting down until the departure time. Daehyun sat next to her listening to music with closed eyes. Subin stared at Daehyun’s face wondering if he was even asleep. She took out her phone pretending to be occupied and sat up again then layed down then slumped down. She stared at the clock once again. Out of boredom she took out some ice out of her water bottle and slid it down Daehyun’s shirt to test if he was awake.

“What the heck???” He opened his eyes in shock and stood up jumping up and down to get the ice out.

“Pshh what I was just bored.” Subin gazed innocently at him as put in her headphones and closed her eyes mimicking Daehyun.

“And you say I’m a ert…”

Subin rolls her eyes and closes them trying to sleep off the hour left until the gates open.

"Hey..." Daehyun tapped on her arm.

"Yes?"

"Let's play a game. I want to know you better before we get married."

"You know we are getting a divorce right?"

"Yea but I wanna know you."

Her eyes flicker open in surpirse.

Maybe this ert was actually a pretty geniune person.

"Well okay, sure. What game?"

He scooched over closer to me. 

"Let's play the question game. I ask you a question, you answer it or not but you must answer back with a question. Are you ready?"

She glances over meeting his eye contact as she answers."Okay sounds interesting, yes I'm ready... Are you?"

"Yes I am, have you had your first kiss yet?"

Subin is a bit thrown back and coughs awkwardly clearing .

"I mean yeah. Yeah sure why would you ask me that." 

Daehyun surprised as how direct she is, sits up straight and casually smiles.

"I just want to know what scale of innocence 'my future wife' is on pshhhh." 

She laughs at how lame and honest this Peehyun is. 

"okay okay then have you ed anyone before?"

He holds in a giant wave of laughter from how practical and down to earth blunt this girl could be.

"Forever a ert aren't you? No and I haven't kissed anyone either."

"No one?"

"Not even one person nope."

"You do realize that we are getting married soon and your first kiss will really be on your wedding day wow."

A silence spread between them as the sad but funny realization hit the two innocent kids. 

Daehyun breaks the chorous of crickets as he leans closer to her face almost closing the gap between them.

"Well... don't you think we should practice?"

Was that a rhetorical question

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter