chapter 6.

Hidden Beauty.

Told in Kim Jonghyun's point of view.

 

Why did you have to leave Key? I lay on my bed, starring up at my ceiling while hugging Key's bag. I finally ... finally ... got to see him up close. I smiled at placed a fingertip on my lips where Key was touched. He was so beautiful. His eyes, mouth, .... but something about his voice was familiar. It felt like i have heard it a million times before. 

"i love you Key." i mumbled as i turned to my side and curled up, hugging his bag tightly to my chest.

-next day.-

"Get the out of my way." i roughly shoved that little pipsqueak and his diva umma out of the way as i trudged through the hall. I was pissed. So extremely pissed. My parents found out that i went to the club several times and banned me to go for two months. TWO ING MONTHS! How the hell am i going to see Key then?! I angrily slung my bag over my shoulder, clutching Key's bag close to me. I was thinking of going out and finding him to return his bag.

Then i realized something and stopped walking, my friends suddenly bumping into my back at the sudden stop. I turned around and watched as Lee Taemin helped Kim Kibum up, with no glasses. I looked closely at his eyes. They .. looked like Key's eyes. His face looked like Key's. His hair looked like Key's, only less gelled. I shook my head and looked again, seeing the two of them staring back at me. I smirked and walked on. I was just imagining things. That's how much i miss Key. I start seeing his face on other people.

I vented out my anger during class by throwing paper balls at the back of Kim Kibum's head, silently cheering when i hit his head or his face if he turned around. During our recess, i ran out of the classroom to play soccer with my friends. Half-way to the soccer field, i realized i left Key's bag in the classroom. I didn't want to leave it lying around.

"Guys, i'll be right back. You go on ahead." i called to my friends who nodded and ran off. I walked back to my classroom and was too shocked to speak at the sight of Kim Kibum and Lee Taemin looking through Key's bag, pulling out what looked like a school bag, but i didn't care.

"DON'T TOUCH MY ING BAG!" i roared, running up to them and punching Kim Kibum on the side of his face. He stumbled onto the floor, dropping the bag he was holding and held a hand on his cheek. Lee Taemin helped him up, as always. I picked up the bag and hugged it closer to me.

"Why were you looking through my bag?" i glared.

"Your bag?" Taemin squeaked, but Kibum shut him up with a slap on the shoulder. I got a bit confused and looked down at the bag in my hands. It was our school bag, but the name on it said .... Kim Kibum.

"Why did Key have your bag?" i asked Kibum. He didn't look at me, still rubbing the red mark on his cheek. Then i bent down and looked closely at his face. When he finally spared me a glance i gasped and backed up. It was Key again.

"No no no no no. You can't be Key." i mumbled. Kibum suddenly stood up and towered over me. He actually looked quite angry.

"You're such a douche Kim Jonghyun! Kim Kibum. Kim. KEY. Bum! How retarded can you get!! It's all ing your fault you know! Why did you have to get so obsessed with me and my ?! Just leave me alone!" he cried, picking up his bag and running out the room. Taemin gave me a somewhat apologetic yet playful glance.

"Go after him." he said, helping me up.

"Why should I." i mumbled.

"Kibum hyung really is Key. You saw his face. and his ." Taemin mumbled the last part, but soft enough so that i could still hear it. I thanked him, which felt extremely unlike me and awkward, and ran out to look for Kibu-Key. I saw him running down the hall and quickly caught up, wrapping my arms around him. He starting sobbing.

"Im sorry Key. I ... I didn't mean to fall in love."

"Don't call me Key here. Im not dancing right now am i?" Kibum spat and continued to cry.

"Sorry. Kibum. Im sorry i fell in love with your other side." Key suddenly ripped himself out of my grip and turned around.

"My other side?! You think i live two lives?! No! The Kibum you see on stage every night is the same Kibum here, but it's your fault! Your fault i have to hide it! You think i enjoy wearing glasses and looking like a nerd?! I don't, okay?! So just leave me alone. You already created enough damage." 

"I-"

"I don't want to hear it." and Kibum walked off. I realized he was talking about last night, when i wanted to him in the alley. Oh my gosh. I wanted to Kim Kibum. I almost Kim Kibum. That means ...

"Im gay."


 

So sorry for the rather crappy and short update >.< first week of high school, got lots of things to organize. mianhae! I won't be able to update as often as i'd like to, but i will try. anyways, kamsahamnida! :D thank you to all those who commented and subscribed and read :)