chapter 2.

Hidden Beauty.

Told in Kim Kibum's point of view.

 

"I'll meet you there Taemin. I gotta go home to change first." i said to Taemin through the phone as i walked home. Usually after school, Taemin and I would walk to the club together. Work doesn't start until 7 at night, be we do our homework there. Unfortunately, i couldn't go to school drenched in fountain water (courtasy of Kim Jonghyun), so i was heading home first. I did my best to squeeze as much water out of my shirt as i could before walking into the house.

I mumbled random curses and swears towards Kim Jonghyun and his buddies as i found some loose-fitting clothes to wear. Once changed, i grabbed my schoolbag and headed out the door again. I took the long way to work, avoiding roads that are frequented by stuends after school. I slipped through the back door of the club and sighed. I hated this job so much. 

I walked towards the changing room where Taemin and I work on homework. When i entered, i found Taemin in the middle of changing.

"Oh hey hyung. Boss said that he needs someone to cover Mir and Joon's shift. They got sick yesterday." Taemin said, struggling to get his legs through the sleek black skinny jeans. They were covered in rips, front and back. I put down my bag and helped Taemin slip them on.

"Thanks. I hate it when they change the outfit to skinny jeans." Taemin mumbled. I laughed and took my outfit from the rack. It was the same as Taemin's. Black ripped skinny jeans, shiny silver wifebeater, and a waiter vest. Mir and Joon work at the bar, so that's where Taemin and I are working today. Plus, we have a dance shift at night. I managed the put on the jeans pretty quickly and ran over to Taemin, who was having a problem with the vest buttons.

"You boys ready?" a hyung popped his head in and asked.

"Deh." Taemin and I both responded, heading out the door. I hated the bartender job because having the breathe in the customer's alchohol breath was disgusting. I had Taemin on the other side making drinks while i serve them so his lungs wouldn't get as contaminated. The shift ended slowly and painfully. I ran out several times to get some fresh air. It reeked of alchohol, sweat, and in there.

"Key hyung! I need your help!" I heard Taemin and turned to see his head poking out from the back door. 

"Deh!" I took in one last breath of fresh air before heading back in to tend to our customers. Between our bar shift and our dance shift,  Taemin and I sat in the changing room finishing our homework. When it was 6:30, a hyung came in holding two garment bags.

"Big crowd tonight. Boss wants you both to wear these." he said, handing us the garment bags. I shuddered to think what kinds of revealing outfits were in them.

"Kamsahamnida." i bowed to hyung as he left. Taemin was nervously eyeing his bag.

"What's wrong?" i asked him.

"I'm scared. Last time he said there was a big crowd he gave us transparent clothes." Taemin whimpered. I patted his back encouragingly. I remember that time too. Taemin and I argued and argued until the boss changed his mind and had others wear it. I argued that Taemin was too young to reveal his body. So was I. Of course, in this business, age doesn't matter. Nevertheless, i hope this time wouldn't be transparent clothes again.

I zipped the bag open and groaned. What a e. There was a pair of short shorts. SHORT shorts. As in the type girls wear.

"ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME?!" i ranted, throwing the bag onto the couch and pacing around the room. Taemin didn't even bother opening his.

"I'll be right back." i told Taemin. He nodded and gave me a 'hwaiting' before i left. I marched upstairs to the boss's office with the shorts clenched in my fist. I banged on the door and his "bodyguard" opened it.

"What's your business here?" he asked. I angrily shoved the shorts in his face. He smirked and let me in. I stomped over to my boss, a bastard named Rain. Some people had the most ridiculous nicknames. When he saw me holding the shorts he started to laugh.

"I am not wearing this." i growled, throwing the shorts onto his desk.

"And why not?"

"Im not a . I don't show off my body and neither does Taemin. I thought we already talked about this." i said.

"Yah, it's just shorts. It's not transparent or anything."

"Taemin and I are not wearing short shorts." Rain stood up and eyed me in a 'don't-mess-with-me' way.

"Either you wear it, or you can kiss this job goodbye." he said, throwing the shorts at my face. I stood there shocked and upset, but turned and walked out holding that stupid piece of clothing.

"What did he say?" Taemin asked when i stomped in.

"We have to wear it or we lose the job." i grumbled, taking off my skinnies. Taemin sighed and ped his bag, whimpering at what he saw.

"Mine's pink. I hate pink." Taemin whined. I looked over my shoulder and saw that his shorts were indeed pink.

"Here. You can wear mine then. I think they might fit you." i said, handing him my black ones.

"Thanks so much hyung!" Taemin cried, glomping me before handing me his pink ones. I winced as it shot a hole through my pride. I sighed and slipped them on, shocked out how ing short they were. It's like i wasn't even wearing pants. The worst part was that if i were to get a , even the smallest of all boners, it'd show. Damn it! Not that i get 's or anything. I'm just worried the crowd might and i get touch and stuff, which has happened.

I slipped on the bright white shirt that came in Taemin's bag and handed Taemin the silver one from mine. 

"I hate this." Taemin mumbled as he adjusted his clothes in the mirror. I nodded in agreement and helped him fix his hair.

"Just bear with it. Once we can afford to lose this job im treating you to banana milk everyday." i promised. Taemin giggled and nodded. I wrapped his hand in mine and led him out the door. As we approached the blasting music, i gave Taemin a quick hug.

"Hwaiting!" we both yelled together, determined to get this job over with.

-2 hours later-

I panted as i continued to sway my hips to the beat, using the metal pole to hold me up. I was dead tired, sweating like crazy, and about to collapse. My legs hurt like hell from standing and dancing. I took a glance beside me and saw Taemin with an exhausted look on his face. The shorts made it extremely uncomfortable to dance in and the music was making me deaf.

Only one more hour to go. One more hour. You can do it Kibum. It's just one hour. 59 minutes and 59 seconds to go. I was hoping that people would start leaving so that Taemin and I could take an early leave, but that wasn't the case. The club was getting packed, so packed that we had to open the upstairs balcony which was usually off-limits. 

Damn it i was so tired. I started getting lazy, sometimes just moving my arms around, until i saw the boss watching Taemin and I. I gave Taemin a quick nudge and a head-nudge at his direction. Taemin's eyes widenned and he quickly started dancing. This was pure torture. It was probably over 100 degrees in the room, or maybe it was just me. My shirt was drenched in sweat, making it slightly transparent. Damn it i bet he thought of that. Why did i have to wear the white shirt? Why?

I grinded myself against the pole, pretty sure that it would satisfy Rain. Maybe i'll get a pay raise. That'd be nice. I took a glance at the door to see how many people were still coming in, and i almost fell off the stage at the sight of a ridiculous dinosaur and his friends.